This ability now applies the Major Brutality buff.
Power Surge: This ability now applies the Major Brutality and Major Sorcery buffs.
Critical Surge: This ability now has a one second cooldown on the heal.
One second cooldown makes this heal totally unreliable; if you have any sort of aoe damage or dot that crits, consider this heal wasted. Since there's also a blatant reason behind the nerf (super fantabulous never ending mega heals), I would like to propose some alternate/additional ways to apply Critical Surges heals.
If Critical Surge must
have a one second cooldown:
1. put a minimum damage gate behind the heal proc to prioritize larger hits.
2. check damage output over that 1 second and award a heal based on that (with or without a cap on heal strength).
3. change the heal to grant any resource at a higher reward % (aiming at lowest resource pool)
4. instead of proccing for heals, proc for more damage (it is lightning after all)
5. Change the cooldown behavior to wait 0.1 seconds before applying a cooldown to the remaining 0.9 seconds to allow all simultaneous crits to proc (to be aoe/cleave friendly)
EDIT: 11. Critical Surge can look at the highest crit in that one second span.
If the one second cooldown it temporary for testing reasons (suggestions based on 1.5 Surge):
6. simply reduce the cooldown itself, previously heal procs were going off almost nonestop so even a 0.2 second delay would give it some dampening.
7. reduce the damage % checked for heal
8. only allow heal procs when below x% of max health
9. change Critical Surge to choose random attacks that will receive the bonus damage buff (hopefully higher than 20%) and have those attacks apply the heal
10. give this heal, as it is now, to Power Surge (on top of both damage buffs)
If it turns out to still be too much, change the proc to look at a different % chance instead of crit % chance (I have 56% on live wearing crafted gear, I get all the heals)
Each of these is supposed to work by itself on top of either the 1.5 or 1.6 Surge but feel free to mix and match as well as add your own.
If anything needs to be explained further, just ask.