The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodil FPS - Intel vs. AMD

Sallington
Sallington
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I originally had an AMD FX-6300 overclocked to 4.5ghz, and in large fights, my FPS would drop to around 14. Traveling around, I would hover between 30-45FPS, sometimes getting 60FPS if there was no one else around.

Last night I went out and bought an i7-4790k. At stock clocks, the lowest my FPS dropped to was 30FPS, and it was a steady 50-60FPS anywhere outside of a 100+ person fight.

So, if you are pissed about your performance in Cyrodil, definitely don't worry about upgrading your GPU, upgrade your CPU instead.

*Both processors were paired with a GTX 970 on ultra settings*

**PCMR comment: I have no idea how consoles are going to handle anything in Cyrodil.
Edited by Sallington on January 28, 2015 2:49PM
Daggerfall Covenant
Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty sure the graphics on console will be set to high at most and a low fps to begin with.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure the graphics on console will be set to high at most and a low fps to begin with.

I know they said they are targeting 1080p and 30FPS. I just don't see that happening on anything but low settings, knowing how much CPU power it takes to get decent performance.
    Edited by Sallington on January 28, 2015 2:58PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Performance on the pts seemed better for me, but there wasn't a crystallized zergball running around so until that day we will see how performance goes.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • sKorcheD
    sKorcheD
    ✭✭✭
    This game is heavily cpu bound. So yes all things being equal a faster efficient cpu will give big fps when your gpu is not gimped. I see 8-9 fps increase in huge battles at keeps when overclocking to 4.5ghz alone on an i7 4770k and my bud with the i5 counterpart (3570k) gets exactly the same. (780ti classified on both)
    Larrdok - Pact
    Filthy Barbarian
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm running on AMD and get horrible frame drops and frame locks both in Cyrodiil and out.
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm running the game with an i7 4770k, 16gbs dual channel, gtx 970 superclocked on a 4k monitor (3840x2160) and I get a stable 80-100fps in normal situations and 30-40fps in intense fights. Intel ftw!

Upgrading my gpu from gtx 670 helped alot though! I used to run the game on medium, it seriously help fps if you guys have any problems.
    Edited by frozywozy on February 1, 2015 1:05AM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play on a Core I7-3770K, 8GB Memory, and a 290X DirectCU ii running 2560X1600 on Ultra with everything maxed on sliders and settings. I only get FPS slowdowns when I get the damn FPS bug that happens when you get ambushed and need to reboot the client.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • rsciw
    rsciw
    ✭✭✭
    I used to get some huge fps drops with an i7 3770k with a gtx680 on 5760x1080, especially when a bunch of bomb groups clashed. game has improved a bit over time though, and now the above being my secondary machine, I can compare directly with my new one, i7 5930 with gtx980 and 32gb, there are still some fps drops, but not as bad anymore fortunately.

Intel always > AMD

MMOs generally tend to be more CPU-bound than GPU bound, so an update to newer/faster CPUs should improve things indeed.