The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stuck Character

Planchard
Planchard
✭✭
Good morning! I recently started playing ESO again about a week ago after taking a 5-6 month break. Since I’ve been back, I haven’t experienced as many bugs as I did in the past, until last night. Last night, I was playing my Templar and encountered one of the most annoying bugs ever. I’m stuck in place and no matter what I try to do, I’m always stuck. Here is a detailed description of what happened:

I just finished running the Veteran Banished cells pledge and proceeded to travel to a guild member using the “Travel To” function that is available. After I zoned into Stormhaven, I couldn’t see my character and I couldn’t move. Also, I couldn’t cast my abilities or do weapon swap. Any time I tried to do something, it would tell me that I couldn’t do that while switching armor.

The first thing I tried was to relog. I completely exited the game and relaunched ESO. I logged in hoping I’d be able to see my Templar and move but unfortunately he was still invisible and unable to move. The next thing I tried was teleporting to another guild member that was in another zone. This also didn’t fix it. From there, I then tried teleporting to a guild member that was in Cyrodiil but when I zoned in, I had the same results, invisible character without being able to move.

While I was in Cyrodiil I used the /stuck command hoping it’d fix everything but all it did was put me next to Southern High Rock Gate wayshrine unable to do anything. The strange thing that happened after I did that was I could finally see my character but it wasn’t my character. The gear he was wearing wasn’t what I wear. I had some friends come see me to confirm they saw what I saw and sure enough they saw me with the different armor on. Another thing I tried to fix the issue was unequipping all my gear then reequipping it since it was saying I couldn’t do any action while switching armor. As you can guess, that didn’t work either.

I submitted a ticket yesterday in game but never got a response. Any assistance with this issue is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance for your help!
Planchard - V14 Templar Healer DC Rank 24 (Retired)
Leggo Mayne- V16 Stamina DK DC Rank 27

MEGA BEST FRIENDS!
Nemesis

PSN- UGotPlanchard
Alliance- DC
  • Glierhuin
    Glierhuin
    ✭✭✭
    That issue is related to corrupted game files in most cases. Try running a launcher repair :smile:

Open Launcher -> Game Options -> Repair
    I have approximate knowledge of many things.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Planchard,

We'd be happy to take a look! If you happen to have the ticket number for your request, we'd be happy to look at the ticket. If you could give us the character name/server that your character is on, we'll have someone take a look there too. Thanks!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Planchard
    Planchard
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately I don't have the ticket number with me. I'm currently at work and left that information at home. My characters name is Planchard and he is on the NA megaserver.

MEGA BEST FRIENDS!
    Nemesis

PSN- UGotPlanchard
    Alliance- DC
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Planchard,

If you've taken a 5-6 month break, we believe we did make a few changes to some armor models in that time frame, so you may be noticing some of the improved models from awhile back. If you'd like for us to take a look at your gear, please send a screenshot when you get home and we'll take a look!

As far as being stuck is concerned, we went ahead and placed the character in a safe location. If you continue to experience issues after logging in next time, let us know and we'll be happy to take a look at that too. Thanks so much for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Planchard
    Planchard
    ✭✭
    Thanks for your assistance with this! I wasn't having any issues with my gear it's just after I went into Cyrodiil and was finally able to see my character, my gear appearance changed. Instead of wearing light armor, it looked like I was wearing medium armor even though none of my armor I had equipped was medium armor.

Once I get home this evening, I'll check to see if my templar is unstuck. If you don't hear from me again, I appreciate your help with this!

MEGA BEST FRIENDS!
    Nemesis

PSN- UGotPlanchard
    Alliance- DC
  • Planchard
    Planchard
    ✭✭
    Good morning. I've experienced this same issue on my DC Templar, Planchard. He's on the NA megaserver and I submitted a bug report in game. The ticket for number for that is 150131-000702.

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me in less than a 1 week time frame. All though I've taken a 5-6 month break from this game, I've continued to pay my sub to help support the game. It's extremely frustrating to come back to a game that I enjoy to play and not be able to play my main character.

Thanks in advance with your assistance with this issue.

MEGA BEST FRIENDS!
    Nemesis

PSN- UGotPlanchard
    Alliance- DC