This was originally a reply to another thread, but I feel it warrants it's own thread after typing it all out.
1.6 has reduced the already short TTK (outside of certain specs) to much quicker for all specs. There's a number of factors I can name off hand that are all contributing to this problem.
- Health pools are all about 30% smaller comparably in relation to magicka/stamina pools and skill damage. 22k - 27k in 1.6 compared to 3k - 3.5k on live. This should come as no surprise, the devs stated quite a while ago that health would no longer scale in a 1.5 : 1 ration compared to magicka/stamina, but rather closer to a 1.1 : 1 ratio.
- Removed soft caps allow skill damage to be boosted through the roof. In my LA build I can easily get my spell damage to 2k, I'm sure the same is true for wep damage builds. Again, ppl should have seen this coming a mile away w/ removed soft caps.
- Light armor is now much more squishy, having both lower spell resist and armor in relation to the scaling of other stats compared to live. This too was stated before by the devs.
- ALL ability costs have been increased relative to the scaling compared to live. This is a result of the Champion System and includes more expensive magicka/stamina skill costs, lower health/magicka/stamina regen rates, higher block cost, higher dodge roll cost in relation to your new resource pools. It might include CC break and sneak cost, but I haven't tested those yet. The idea is that you have to spec in many many champion points into cost reduction and regen passives in order to approach where you are currently on live with resource management. THIS was absolutely not disclosed to us before hand and quite infuriating to me because I see it for what it is, a massive time sink created to give the illusion of making your character stronger by making us all weaker to begin with.
- Jewelry enchants are a minuscule part of the equation compared to live. For instance, a gold magicka regen glyph in live is +18, but in 1.6 it's +58. Same for spell damage, +14 on live but +48 in 1.6. Meanwhile, set bonuses have about a 10x multiplier, +12 magicka recovery becomes +123 and +9 spell damage becomes +171. As you can see, this means that any build relying on jewelry enchants to up a certain stat are no longer viable, your build is dependent on your set bonuses. As a result, going with a magicka build leaves me handicapped with a much lower stamina regen compared to live where I can sacrifice spell damage and go with stamina regen glyphs.
- Stamina gets drained much faster in 1.6, period. Just try blocking in light armor, you'll run out of stamina in seconds, but it's not just light armor, everyone I've spoken to (even our 7/7 med full stam NB) agrees their stamina gets drained faster regardless of build. This seems to be a factor of making aoe blockable + increasing block cost + lower regen rates + lower jewelry enchant values, probably other factors as well.
- The change to impen means everyone can easily do more damage now, even if you excluded every other change in 1.6. Crit is easy enough to stack in live, and even easier in 1.6 from what I've seen. My guildie has gotten 86% spell crit on his DK through Inferno and various passives such as sorcs Exploitation + other sources he can't even determine. He's not even specced into spell crit, wearing the Valkyn Skoria 2 piece + Seducer + Cyrodiil's Light + precise Master's Staff.
All in all, this means that the meta is now more dependent on stacking damage shields (since they can't be crit and offer mitigation) and heals to stay alive. I'm sure things will improve as people gain more champion points to dump into the passives, but I wont hold my breath. If anyone is able to figure out build changes to solve the 'stamina problem' I'd love to hear it, as that is what I've had the hardest time dealing with, both in light/heavy armor.
POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
※ Teargrants ※
※ Kissgrants ※
※ Kirsi ※
※ Vehemence Council