Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Update 6 Guide: The Justice System"

• LionheartRichard
    LionheartRichard
    ✭✭✭
    This makes me glad my Bosmer Nightblade lives in the large cities and streets of the Daggerfall Covenant.
  • Royalty27
    Royalty27
    ✭✭
    Sounds great and I have a Khajiit alt, ready and waiting.
  • Lepurkahn
    Lepurkahn
    Soul Shriven
    great idea, however I will always wonder why companies would rather put out new features when their current isn't up to date and fully functional. eh no I don't its all about the $$$.

giphy.gif
  • Lynnessa
    Lynnessa
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, do the guards kill you at the "Notorious" level? If so, what's the difference between that and "Fugitive" exactly?
  • gtirwb17_ESO
    gtirwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    So I assume this is for PVE zones as well. Considering that all provisioning ingredients would then rate a steal how will this affect the provisioning craft?
  • necrodarklingb16_ESO
    any news of the bounty system ?
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    While I am very disappointed that the PvP aspect will still not be available, I will still participate in this new system
  • The_Great_Maldini
    The_Great_Maldini
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you @ZOS_JessicaFolsom for getting this information out to us and whetting our palates. You guys are doing and awesome job, and we appreciate it.
  • Thymos
    Thymos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess I'll have to start expanding my bank space if we can only fence so much per day.
    The Older Gamers Recruitment Thread
    Always accepting new members for NA and EU server. PvP PvE RP all welcome. Must be 25+ yo to join.
    http://www.theoldergamers.com/
  • Lynnessa
    Lynnessa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lynnessa wrote: »
    So, do the guards kill you at the "Notorious" level? If so, what's the difference between that and "Fugitive" exactly?

Am I the only one confused about this?
  • Rhaven
    Rhaven
    Soul Shriven

Feynn wrote: »
    Does it mean that there's a chance our cities will become ghost towns, as other players go on killing all of the NPCs? Will NPCs by instanced individually? Will the update introduce new killable NPCs but still keep previous NPCs as essential? How often will NPCs respawn?

Thank you for your clarifications!

This is what i worry about the most. All in all however, the justice system sounds pretty good :smile:
  • gtirwb17_ESO
    gtirwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Maybe I am misunderstanding something here with the Justice system.

No more looting sacks, chests baskets and produce at NPC vendors or city areas unless you want to kill NPC's or tagged as notorious.

No more looting in houses, tribunals, guilds dungeons etc sacks chests baskets etc etc where there are NPC's unless again you kill NPC's or be rated as notorious?

Are players being forced into killing NPC's by stealing/looting and doing evil?

If you play a character traditionally as RP "good" character like a paladin there is very little opportunity to loot when the justice system is implemented.

Or have a missed something very fundamental? Especially in PVE zones?

Anyone confirm their understanding?
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I am misunderstanding something here with the Justice system.

No more looting sacks, chests baskets and produce at NPC vendors or city areas unless you want to kill NPC's or tagged as notorious.

No more looting in houses, tribunals, guilds dungeons etc sacks chests baskets etc etc where there are NPC's unless again you kill NPC's or be rated as notorious?

Are players being forced into killing NPC's by stealing/looting and doing evil?

If you play a character traditionally as RP "good" character like a paladin there is very little opportunity to loot when the justice system is implemented.

Or have a missed something very fundamental? Especially in PVE zones?

Anyone confirm their understanding?

They have made it easier to collect provisioning items outside of cities. So you do not have to get in trouble from stealing goods. Plus you buy goods from a grocer. It is the most respectable way. If you do want to buy than steal it. That how the world usually works.
  • Ryuuhime
    Ryuuhime
    ✭✭✭
    Bethruz wrote: »
    Vendrath wrote: »
    Can we kill other players? My ultima online dreadlord days are calling!!!

From what has been announced previously, once they put the rest of the justice system in, those who are flagged as justicars can attack those who are flagged as criminals.

Hopefully PVP will never be possible anywhere else than Cyrodiil.. I used to quit WoW because of ganking... Not that there would be something like that in ESO PVP.. Don't know as haven't tried it :blush:

The main reason me (and many other PvPers I know) want the Justice System PvP is so that we can steal something in front of each other, which will allow us to "duel" as if we were from different factions. ZOS doesn't give us the dueling option, but if they give us this we'll be happy enough.

And yes, there is ganking here too but that's to be expected. But you should still try, I highly recommend it as it's my favorite part of the game.
  • Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *robs High King Emeric* *gets guillotined*
    "Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
  • Stickbow
    Stickbow
    ✭✭✭
    I can tell that a very few of you have read the posts up to this one, and know that the initial implementation is "Crime", and the next step is "justice for the criminals"....
  • adamastorx
    adamastorx
    ✭✭
    I just hope the new business model won't be a risk to a sustainable and continuous development - the true DNA of a MMO. They've been improving the game a lot since beta and launch. I hope they don't turn into a simple digital items store like so many MMOs lately...
  • Mithe
    Mithe
    ✭✭✭
    Talek wrote: »
    Without PvP part i'm not even interested with this "content", it's gonna be boring for most of the players after first week, you'll kill whole town and then what? guards aren't enemies you can take down empty keep in cyrodiil with group of 2-3 ppl, i don't think that town guards gonna be much stronger than cyro guards.

Guards are immortal, you cant even hope to fight them, only escape (for now at least)
    Mithe-VR14 NB
    Apantos-Vr5 Templar
    Ashix Flamereave - DK levelling to 50 before lvl cap drop
    Apantos Mithe- Sorc levelling to 50 before lvl cap drop
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like that you can sell specific amount per day, that's a thing to change. especially how much the items are worth we are stealing from just to see that.
  • Mathius_Mordred
    Mathius_Mordred
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a fantastic Skyrim style addition to the game and I have a few questions.

1. Will other players be able to see that you have a bounty over your head before the PvP system is introduced?
    2. Can you pick-pocket other players?
    3. Will inadvertent use of AOE cause injury or death to town NPCs that result in a bounty?
    4. Is the bounty regional as in Skyrim or valid across all of Tamriel?
    5. Does this system extend to all regions of Tamriel?
    6. Are town guards immortal?
    7. Is jail an option if you don't want to pay a fine and if so how would that work?
    8. Finding items like the rare racial motifs is difficult enough as it is now, will the system offer better spawn rates for ratial motifs in unregulated areas?
    9. Is there now any advantage to being honest in TESO?
    10. Before the PvP element is introduced will there be another skill line for Justice that allows players who wish to remain honest to hunt down NPC criminals?
    11. Will there be a Thieves Guild quest line?
    12. Will there be a Justice quest line?

Looking forward to this very much, thanks for the hard work guys.
    Skyrim Red Shirts. Join us at https://skyrimredshirts.co.ukJoin Skyrim Red Shirts. We welcome all, from new players to Vets. A mature drama free social group enjoying PVE questing, Dungeons, trials and arenas. Web, FB Group & Discord. Guild Hall, trial dummy, crafting, transmutation, banker & merchant. You may invite your friends. No requirements
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is pretty much like looting in Skyrim. Not everything is free to take. Sounds interesting as long as the PVE areas STAY PVE for those that don't want to loot or duel. I always enjoyed sneaking around Skyrim, stealing from the NPCs and breaking in houses to lift some loot. :)
  • Gokken
    Gokken
    Soul Shriven
    I really really really hope, they do not make this a PVP thing. If so they basicly ruined the reason to steal.

lets do it like this what are the advantages?
    1: extra gold every day

disadvantages
    1: cannot use towns properly
    2: questing is off the table,
    3: a general disadvantage, would be killing of npcs, I can easily see some jackass standing there, and keep on killing a major quest npc, until all the guys pay him gold to stop killing the npc, so they can get on with their lives.

if they add a pvp element this basicly mean for the "justice warriors" they will get

1: unlimited AP, and farming possibilities, because npc's will always side with them. so killing players will be a piece of cake, combined with the fact that some classes can kill entire groups alone!
    2: unlimited gold because of the turn in " criminal thing"
    3: there are limited fences around, so in 5 mins they will find the fence and camp it.
    4: all this ganking, camping and griefing will basicly turn the system into a *** system without pay for thiefs.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope the quest related npcs cannot be killed OR attacked because like Gokken said, it will be impossible to complete a quest because of the stupid players that will stand there and attack/kill them non stop because they can. If ZOS doesn't think this will happen, they are dreaming and if killing key npcs IS an option, they will run off what is left of the current core player base.
    Edited by Seravi on January 27, 2015 11:16AM
  • Garish
    Garish
    ✭✭✭
    I read that stolen goods can only be sold to a fence, so am I to understand this to mean "stolen" racial motif books will no longer be able to be sold on the guild auction houses or to other players? Will there be another means of finding these?
    Edited by Garish on January 27, 2015 12:00PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Will other players be able to see that you have a bounty over your head before the PvP system is introduced?
    Nobody knows... :)
    2. Can you pick-pocket other players?
    No.
    3. Will inadvertent use of AOE cause injury or death to town NPCs that result in a bounty?
    Think about it... Better keep your hands off those number keys.
    4. Is the bounty regional as in Skyrim or valid across all of Tamriel?
    I'd bet global considering how the system obviously seems to work. Otherwise you could just always steal in one location and "dodge" the consequences.
    5. Does this system extend to all regions of Tamriel?
    I guess so.
    6. Are town guards immortal?
    For now, yes.
    7. Is jail an option if you don't want to pay a fine and if so how would that work?
    As far as I'm aware, no.
    8. Finding items like the rare racial motifs is difficult enough as it is now, will the system offer better spawn rates for ratial motifs in unregulated areas?
    I guess not, but at the same time you can try to kill the potential witnesses before grabbing the book.
    10. Is there now any advantage to being honest in TESO?
    There's going to be another line just for that.
    11. Before the PvP element is introduced will there be another skill line for Justice that allows players who wish to remain honest to hunt down NPC criminals?
    Don't think so since that would be two at once for them?
    12. Will there be a Thieves Guild quest line?
    13. Will there be a Justice quest line?
    No idea, but I hope so. :) Also look at all the drawings of those hideouts. That fang or whatever logo might be the logo of ESO's Thieves Guild precursor?
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait what?? So you wont be able to be a guard and have pvp with justice system 1.6? Why? I thought you guys promised us that :( Dissapointed...
    That was one of the main things i and many people were looking forward to! Can we still expect it to come? Or wont it happen? any reason why it wont happen?
    Edited by Snowstrider on January 27, 2015 1:46PM
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even know why the hell this is even being "released" with unkillable guards why even try to run I know from PvP that guard NPCs are not pushovers.

So @ZOS_JessicaFolsom that I can solo a *** God and win my soul but a random guard that stops bread thieves and look for stolen sweet rolls are some how the strongest things ever.

So being a Nightblade with all the DPS single target nukes in the world can't kill that one guy that was not good enough to join the army... Totally not yet another rush unfinished system nope this will be perfect
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Locke_ESO
    Locke_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully PVP will never be possible anywhere else than Cyrodiil.. I used to quit WoW because of ganking... Not that there would be something like that in ESO PVP.. Don't know as haven't tried it :blush:
    Sadly ZOS won't leave it like this, without PVP Justice could be a good idea, with PVP it'll be grief-ville :(.

I don't see the problem. As long as PvP flags can only be triggered by committing a crime against an NPC or stealing and a resulting death clears your crime rating by forcing you to pay a fine or even spend time in jail it should work fine. If it's totally open PvP then that would be a problem but even that can be controlled if its' done right (severe penalties for criminals and big rewards for bounty hunters). Open PvP doesn't have to just be ganking and griefing it's just most developers have never really made an effort to make it work. I hope they make the Justice System as deep and complex as possible.
  • Gokken
    Gokken
    Soul Shriven
    Sadly ZOS won't leave it like this, without PVP Justice could be a good idea, with PVP it'll be grief-ville :(.

I don't see the problem. As long as PvP flags can only be triggered by committing a crime against an NPC or stealing and a resulting death clears your crime rating by forcing you to pay a fine or even spend time in jail it should work fine. If it's totally open PvP then that would be a problem but even that can be controlled if its' done right (severe penalties for criminals and big rewards for bounty hunters). Open PvP doesn't have to just be ganking and griefing it's just most developers have never really made an effort to make it work. I hope they make the Justice System as deep and complex as possible.

again you said it yourself, serius rewards for bounty hunters and punishment for thiefs, Zeni said thiefs could go to a vendor and sell for a few extra gold a day. So in that theory you could find this vendor and just gank/camp that vendor everyday and kill everythief gaining tons of gold and ap.

The big problem in your system is it is totaly one sided, no one in the game will be a thief, if everyone can just cave your skull in with the help from 10000 gaurds+ you can use all the benefits of the cities as a "bounty hunter"

Why would I risk so much for gaining nothing?

Edited by Gokken on January 27, 2015 4:51PM
  • Gurchanar
    Gurchanar
    Thieves Guild? Need this, plox