The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Reddit AMA Today @ 1:00PM EST

• Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I pity you then, I`ve left companies were I was forced to act against my own personal moral compass. Do you think the non-decision making guys such as Gina et al earn far more than lets say 60-80k US a year before tax?

I couldn`t bring myself to blatantly being dishonest to my customers and betraying their trust for double that salary. I like being able to look in the mirror. You always have a choice.

This.^^

@Blud‌, I used to work for a company that was, in every way that counted, in the business of claiming to represent the opinions of the customer base of major corporations (of the FTSE 100 type) ... while twisting, modifying and flat out altering the data to fit the whim of the corporate clients (money men).

You know what I did once I realised? I bailed as fast as I possibly could. It wasn't as fast as I wanted to, but I sure as heck jumped on the first feasible opportunity. And that was even though my new job required a 6000 mile intercontinental move...

So you may think that a lack of integrity is the nature of the game but I would suggest that it is the acceptance of such, by people like you, that allow it to be the nature of the game.
    Edited by Iluvrien on January 24, 2015 9:07AM
    Options
  • Nikolas
    Nikolas
    ✭✭✭
    Blud wrote: »
    Nikolas wrote: »
    Well, only fluff related question. More PR than really answering questions.
    Hello. In the light of recent events I have few questions.

Now it's obvious that removeing 180 days subscription was first step in plan to go to B2P. So here is question. Why you didn't tell to players all truth from the beginning? You can't avoid rage topic anyway, but at least players don't feel themself abandoned. You can avoid speculation topics. You can tell truth. We mostly here adult people. But what you did is like a backstab. At least for me.

Also, recently you have a problem with player's trust. You change your mind too often. And now you don't telling truth, but just wait in silence. Any plans to change that pattern of behavior?

And the last one. How long players need to be subbed to get super reward you mentoined on Live Show (I mean 12 months loyalty reward)? I already asked this question on forum, but get only Mod answer like we don't know for now. I ordered imerial edition box and missed first month of playing only because of shipping time. And last time you were rewarding players with dwemer sphere I felt myself penalized for being loyal enough to order physical box with statue and other stuff. So, will I feel myself penalized in future when you will award 12 month loyalty reward? I'm not the only one. If you remember, there was a lot of problems with loyalty reward.

No answer :(

I don't know if you've ever had a corporate job, but compromises are made. It's not that these guys are schemers and liars. There are these people called "lawyers" and they tend to have an influence on corporate communications.

Were all these guys supposed to quit their jobs and the game they've been working on because they work for the fans? Because they are pure artists? Because they are rich and don't need the money from a stinking job? I mean we live in the real world, right? That's how it works.

They are just guys who have a job. They are creative professionals but they are not the money guys. The money guys (investors and people who manage the investments) have different priorities. They hire the creative types. The creative guys wind up also facing the fans, but no one ever knows who the legal counsel is who advises them on what to say or not say.

If you have a job and you understand this stuff, cut these guys some slack. It's not their fault. The system does kind of suck, but that's how it is.

I think they did a good job and said what they could.

Ok I can see your point. I agree in general. Even so, are we supposed to put money before ethics in our job? And, most importantly, since the gamers and the developers are NOT the ones that making the decisions, what are WE have to do? Stay in a game thats killing itself in every move? I am sure Blizzards have investors too. CCP have investors too. Square Enix have investors too. Besides investors the above three also have the BALLS to stay with subscription. Square Enix even has subs in PS4.

What I would like to say here is, it's just a game. We don't need to get worked up over this issue like it's the end of the world.

Wouldn't it be better, instead of crucifying the poor guys at ZOS, to go after some nasty oil company that supports human rights violations and environmental destruction? They lie plenty, too, but I think the stakes are much higher in that case. Why don't we care so much about that?

Maybe I should take my own advice.

No hard feelings, all. I'm out.

So we should excuse ZOS because there are WORST companies? I'm confused... Ofc no hard feelings mate, we just having a conversation :) My only hard feelings are with ZOS right now don't worry hehe, have a nice day
    Options
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait to play on PTS tomorrow… : P
    Options
  • OrangeTheCat
    OrangeTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RE: Addons for consoles

None, but...
    There will absolutely be numerous useful updates to the console UI, and some of the updates are based on popular PC add-ons. For example, a lot of the functionality in the "Loot Drops" mod is a part of the console UI by default. There are others add-ons we have drawn inspiration from as well, but I'm calling this one out specifically because I really like it.

Oh, so for the consoles, they suddenly start implementing basic MMO features that were too non-minimalist for PCs.

We were DEFINITELY beta testing their console version, folks. Nice of you Add on writers to design the Console UI! How much did they pay you by the way?

Pretty outrageous. Un-f****** believable.
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RE: Addons for consoles

None, but...
    There will absolutely be numerous useful updates to the console UI, and some of the updates are based on popular PC add-ons. For example, a lot of the functionality in the "Loot Drops" mod is a part of the console UI by default. There are others add-ons we have drawn inspiration from as well, but I'm calling this one out specifically because I really like it.

Oh, so for the consoles, they suddenly start implementing basic MMO features that were too non-minimalist for PCs.

We were DEFINITELY beta testing their console version, folks. Nice of you Add on writers to design the Console UI! How much did they pay you by the way?

Pretty outrageous. Un-f****** believable.

Only crazy people would have a problem with addons like Lootdrop, AI Research or Advanced Filters among others.

Now that they are including some on consoles perhaps opponents can drop the "ZoS did it this way by choice!" attitude and concede there are lots of non-intrusive, minimalist add ons that should be included in the game.

Options
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I still see no mention what so ever about completing the final phase of the CS - Removing Vet Ranks.
    Options
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like a recipe list that doesn't require meditating at a fire?

I'd actually like to be able to type/tag a map and have it stay for good.
    Options
  • frosth.darkomenb16_ESO
    frosth.darkomenb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, only fluff related question. More PR than really answering questions.
    Hello. In the light of recent events I have few questions.

Now it's obvious that removeing 180 days subscription was first step in plan to go to B2P. So here is question. Why you didn't tell to players all truth from the beginning? You can't avoid rage topic anyway, but at least players don't feel themself abandoned. You can avoid speculation topics. You can tell truth. We mostly here adult people. But what you did is like a backstab. At least for me.

Also, recently you have a problem with player's trust. You change your mind too often. And now you don't telling truth, but just wait in silence. Any plans to change that pattern of behavior?

And the last one. How long players need to be subbed to get super reward you mentoined on Live Show (I mean 12 months loyalty reward)? I already asked this question on forum, but get only Mod answer like we don't know for now. I ordered imerial edition box and missed first month of playing only because of shipping time. And last time you were rewarding players with dwemer sphere I felt myself penalized for being loyal enough to order physical box with statue and other stuff. So, will I feel myself penalized in future when you will award 12 month loyalty reward? I'm not the only one. If you remember, there was a lot of problems with loyalty reward.

No answer :(

I don't know if you've ever had a corporate job, but compromises are made. It's not that these guys are schemers and liars. There are these people called "lawyers" and they tend to have an influence on corporate communications.

Were all these guys supposed to quit their jobs and the game they've been working on because they work for the fans? Because they are pure artists? Because they are rich and don't need the money from a stinking job? I mean we live in the real world, right? That's how it works.

They are just guys who have a job. They are creative professionals but they are not the money guys. The money guys (investors and people who manage the investments) have different priorities. They hire the creative types. The creative guys wind up also facing the fans, but no one ever knows who the legal counsel is who advises them on what to say or not say.

If you have a job and you understand this stuff, cut these guys some slack. It's not their fault. The system does kind of suck, but that's how it is.

I think they did a good job and said what they could.

Ok I can see your point. I agree in general. Even so, are we supposed to put money before ethics in our job? And, most importantly, since the gamers and the developers are NOT the ones that making the decisions, what are WE have to do? Stay in a game thats killing itself in every move? I am sure Blizzards have investors too. CCP have investors too. Square Enix have investors too. Besides investors the above three also have the BALLS to stay with subscription. Square Enix even has subs in PS4.

What I would like to say here is, it's just a game. We don't need to get worked up over this issue like it's the end of the world.

Wouldn't it be better, instead of crucifying the poor guys at ZOS, to go after some nasty oil company that supports human rights violations and environmental destruction? They lie plenty, too, but I think the stakes are much higher in that case. Why don't we care so much about that?

Maybe I should take my own advice.

No hard feelings, all. I'm out.

So we should excuse ZOS because there are WORST companies? I'm confused... Ofc no hard feelings mate, we just having a conversation :) My only hard feelings are with ZOS right now don't worry hehe, have a nice day

"Hey, I just murdered one person, it's not that bad, there are serial killers out there!"

This would work out so well in court! :smiling_imp:
    Options
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mamericus wrote: »
    The fact that you need a "lead" e-commerce guy, potentially implying he has an entire team behind him, is scary.

Definitely understand, but it shouldn't be scary. Creating an in-game store hooked up to our account system is a huge undertaking, as is the creation of new pets, mounts, and costumes. Each takes coordination with multiple teams, including art, animation, in some cases audio. There are also in-game economy considerations. Lee has been reading the Crown Store wishlist thread daily. :)

But you'll have it all ready in only a month or so?
    How come you weren't that fast at fixing the game or adding content before??
    Or are you admitting that you've been working on this for months already.....
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
    Options