Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Overview of new costumes/mounts/pets [PICS]

• Aenra
    Aenra
    ✭✭✭✭
    underwhelmed...
    what exactly is it most of you find so endearing?

Tribal pack? Almost identical to the Argonian tier 1 racial crafting results
    Woodland scouts one? Never seen a low tier Bosmer crafted armour before? I have
    Pony guar? Reskin of the 20euro pet they sold a couple of months ago
    Mounts? Which one? The white mane for example? If i spent 50k for the gaited, plus all the money to top it in stable, would i really buy this one, only because it has a white line on top?

- It is well and good both costumes and appearances are on a par with ESO's style thus far (ie nothing overtly "shiny", ie nothing to indicate i got reasons to worry about)

- It is very disconcerting to see what the amount (of definitely) some effort taken in preparation for the store move results to;
    I need to remind anyone that may be interested to listen that games with high quality but underwhelming stores (see: TSW) have seen their revenue drastically reduced after the first few months post transition.
    One should strive to be both fair (and i'll be honest, i believe they will), and enticing.

If this is going to work in a manner that both allows ZOS to make the income they need and gives us the reassurance that nothing "dodgy" will ever enter our store..

They need to work on the wares more. Fast. Am saying that knowing that additional services will be added. Store wares are king in microtransactions.
    Pride, honour and purity
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wizzo91 wrote: »
    You know what would be great: If all these items would also be available ingame through quests, with gold or raids.

But I highly doubt this will be the case.

I also really have a bad omen towards thieves guild and other new PVP elements added. I supect them being tied to the cashshop somehow..

Everything in the future will be tied to the cashshop somehow. That's the problem with cash shops, development focuses on how they can monetize content.

@Holycannoli , @Wizzo91‌

Nah, of course they will be available through in game means...

at a drop rate somewhere about 10% of VR12 Warlock Signet meets Useful Undaunted gear set...

I know this, because ZoS assured us it would be that way.

See, nothing to fear.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...and the hundreds of brides colliding with a hundred jesters in Cyrodiil......

...will be epic.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    ...and the hundreds tens of brides colliding with hundred ten jesters in Cyrodiil......

...will be epic.

hundreds vs hundreds! that's so beta
  • augustgrace
    augustgrace
    ✭✭
    A few of the items are definitely tempting.

But please don't gender/race lock the costumes, it's silly when games do that.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleakraven wrote: »
    Kurimugann wrote: »
    One good thing is that now there will be a variety in mounts. Its not that I do not like White or Brown horses, but nobody gets the Black one ever. (now we hope they are not Better than ingame horses)
    They aren't. They are the same as the current mounts. Our riding skill will replace the horse's skills (speed, stam, carrying)

.....so what happens to my 2 horses i leveld to 50? just wipe that too huh
    Nope. You might want to check out this thread for more info, but the gist of it is that whatever are the maximum stats are for all of your current mounts become what your riding skill is. So if you've got a pack horse with 50 bags, and a speed horse with 50 speed, now your riding skill becomes 50 bags and 50 speed, and that's in effect regardless of which horse you ride.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Darkrogue671
    Darkrogue671
    ✭✭✭
    After seeing the Woodlands Scout "Costume" Package, I got a little upset. None of the motifs really fit a scout/ranger character unless I want to look more assassin(esque) or tribal. But in the costumes, it was like the devs said "Oh yeah, we've had that all along."

Pffffft!

That's why you should have added a class specific to the motifs for armor and weapons, but then again, I'm still running around with a sword that has a purple blade and a shield with a bright blue paint job and there's nothing I can do about it. The motif should be the overall cultural traits of the look, hence the name "motif". The actual functionality and identifiable aspects of the weapons and armor would be more class specific, i.e. an assassin and thief would both have medium armor but they would look very different within the same motif. Same as a priest to a druid... or a knight to a sellsword.

Can't wait for even more surprises down the road. :\
  • UrODelA
    UrODelA
    ✭✭✭
    Elder_III wrote: »
    12 month subscribers are getting something special, which they didn't say exactly what, but it sounds like a unique mount just for us..... I'm hoping for a Senche Tiger.

my definition of special and my insistent wish are one and the same...
    UrODelA wrote: »
    great idea ^^, would love to pat my own Silt Strider ( hatchling) mount...

...pet or mount would be of the same sense of pleasure ^^.

Edited by UrODelA on January 22, 2015 5:50PM
    ~ schwanzlurch est UrODelA is the SalamandeR ist der ~
  • Bethruz
    Bethruz
    ✭✭
    firstdecan wrote: »
    I can't wait to see the armies in Cyrodiil fighting each other in wedding dresses.

Against the army of jesters...
  • Bethruz
    Bethruz
    ✭✭
    This actually looks really promising...
  • Stalwart385
    Stalwart385
    ✭✭✭✭
    So this is what they have been working on with our sub money. Not what I payed for...
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say again, we were told we would be getting both senche and guar mounts, where the hell is my senche?
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Metrobius
    Metrobius
    ✭✭✭
    nilldax wrote: »
    I guess that "Jester" will be popular among hard-pvp'ers...

Anyway, if it will be possible i would like to see "Pecopeco" from Ragnarok Online as a mount xD

How could it be possible for them to use material from another copywriter IP?
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really want a Wamasu mount for my Argonian. Maybe a small one, so it's not larger than a horse :D
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on January 22, 2015 8:17PM
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    What??? NO KITTY CAT? I QUIT!

Just kidding. I am super excited about the horses and pets. The costumes though I can take it or leave it - unless there is some ability to customize by clothing type i.e. shoes, shirt etc.
    @ElizabethInAustin
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if the helmet toggle / hide helmet option will work on these new costumes? It works on some current outfits but not on others.
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • nilldax
    nilldax
    ✭✭✭
    Metrobius wrote: »
    nilldax wrote: »
    I guess that "Jester" will be popular among hard-pvp'ers...

Anyway, if it will be possible i would like to see "Pecopeco" from Ragnarok Online as a mount xD

How could it be possible for them to use material from another copywriter IP?

With that Pecopeco I was joking (this "animal" is just ostrich after steroids, for those who didnt knew that). I am just afraid of influences, let say... some culture or adding something that completely is not connected to TES Universe at all.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elder_III wrote: »
    12 month subscribers are getting something special, which they didn't say exactly what, but it sounds like a unique mount just for us..... I'm hoping for a Senche Tiger.

my definition of special and my insistent wish are one and the same...
    great idea ^^, would love to pat my own Silt Strider ( hatchling) mount...

...pet or mount would be of the same sense of pleasure ^^.
    You want to cut open a silt strider, hollow out a space in the shell, and "ride" it by grabbing/pulling/poking/twisting exposed nerves, organs and tissues? Ick. At least in Morrowind you never got a clear look at the "controls" in a silt strider.
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outfits toggle hood? Dye compatible?
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait to run around in a wedding dress in Cyrodil with my male nord riding a guar mount.

Hopefully they have pink unicorn mounts before end of summer.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice stuff look at all that pay to win LOL just joking, I hope that's the kind of stuff they keep in the store, along with other services.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    ...and the hundreds tens of brides colliding with hundred ten jesters in Cyrodiil......

...will be epic.

hundreds vs hundreds! that's so beta
    more like 20 vs 20 at least maybe 30 on each side anymore and PvP starts lagging

• Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a nice tuxedo costume and instead of a horse or a regular mount I want a dirt bike. I know people pay money to go dirt biking through Grhatwood
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a nice tuxedo costume and instead of a horse or a regular mount I want a dirt bike. I know people pay money to go dirt biking through Grhatwood
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-Thomas Pain

• TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    they should have it so these store brought costume's have an armor rating that overwrites the armor rating of the player's equipped armor as it would defiantly be annoying watching (and I quote) a Male Nord fighting in a wedding dress in Cyrodiil so if they want to act silly and wear that then they should have to pay the price and that is have 1 armor rating, this would make people in PvP act more serious and keep those outfits for outside a warzone.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on January 23, 2015 6:56AM
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So this is what they have been working on with our sub money. Not what I payed for...
    I agree and this is why certain aspects of the game are still broken as they were using our money to work on these childish toys instead of fixing the game like they should of.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A few of the items are definitely tempting.

But please don't gender/race lock the costumes, it's silly when games do that.
    it's even sillier when males wear dresses so they should be gender locked.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on January 23, 2015 7:01AM
  • daswahnsinn
    daswahnsinn
    ✭✭✭
    Males already do wear dresses, lol jk. I just can't for the animal costumes and see the furry RPing.

What type of zergballs will we see now? Maybe some AOE spamming wedding dress types, or some in teddy bear outfits lololol.

I just don't get the costume thing, but this is my first MMORPG.
    | | daswahnsinn | Vet 16 Nord Dragon Knight | Bow/Dual Wield/Two-Handed Sword| DPS | | Warrior of the EbonHeart Pact | |