The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Overview of new costumes/mounts/pets [PICS]

• DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draugr Polymorph = shut up and take my money.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This all looks... tolerable. Except the Jester. God help me, if I see a Zerg of jesters in Cyrodill, I may just vomit.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Love the piebald destrier, striped senche & royal court jester outift.

A senche mount would be cool.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    roechacca wrote: »
    I like things like Minecraft where you have to go out in the environment and actually accomplish things in order to get a .... HOLY CRAP ! IS THAT A PANTHER ?! /swipecard

Pretty much my reaction. Not a fan of this change, but I have to admit I could see myself rocking some of those costumes in Cyrodiil.
  • folklore
    folklore
    ✭✭
    Incredibly happy the first initial items are tied in with ESO. I love them all.
    DERPCHU@TWITCH
    POCKY | SORCERER | VR5 | ALDMERI
    FOLKLORE | NIGHTBLADE | VR5 | EBONHEART
    COOKIE | TEMPLAR | ?? | EBONHEART
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They also showed the Glass armor, the Ebonheart PVP armor from QuakeCon and the Thieves Guild armor, all of which will probably only be available from the C-Store.
    Edited by Faulgor on January 22, 2015 6:32AM
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • asteldian
    asteldian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    They also showed the Glass armor, the Ebonheart PVP armor from QuakeCon and the Thieves Guild armor, all of which will probably only be available from the C-Store.

And that will be a tell tale sign of things going downhill. If gear stays bland except what you can buy with cash, then the b2p model already heads down a bad road.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I was asking for a chef costume..

I liked the idea of the jester costume before I saw it. I don't like the mask bit. I would like it if I could see my characters face - I am assuming that is a mask - looks like one.

The fact I like these two costumes does not in any way imply my endorsement of the B2P change. I have made my feelings clear in other threads.

I don't like the idea of anything in a store than cannot be obtained in game via some means - even if it is a fairly rare drop there should still be a chance of getting all items in game.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • JoffyToffy69
    JoffyToffy69
    ✭✭✭✭
    If we sub, do we get these items? Like that epic panther?
    Do these count as items obtained if we cancel the sub?

Would this in turn make items in the crown store limited time offers?
    Because if they were permanent, theoretically, you could wait a year, sub once, and get all the mounts for the year, compared to being subbed the entire year.
    ....Unless mounts, pets, costumes etc get removed too upon sub cancellation... which would kind of suck...

Also depends on the rate of vanity items that are released. If they continuously pump them out, I would be in favor of a limited time offer. Prevents the once a year sub getting everything.
    Fun comes from diversity, balance kills diversity.
    Former Empress Serabii
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think if you buy things in the store you will keep them because you bought them with crowns you got as part of the sub you did pay for.

I think if you unsub it will be access to DLC areas, dungeons etc that they will revoke. I don't think they will actually remove items from your inventory.

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

• Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This all looks... tolerable. Except the Jester. God help me, if I see a Zerg of jesters in Cyrodill, I may just vomit.

Just wait... I'm sure you'll see zerg of Jesters going against zerg of people in wedding dresses.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • KleanZlate
    KleanZlate
    ✭✭✭
    I trust the thief/assassin guild armors will be craftable items but not exclusive to the crown store. They did say they'd be adding more armor sets as well as costumes didn't they?
  • nilldax
    nilldax
    ✭✭✭
    I guess that "Jester" will be popular among hard-pvp'ers...

Anyway, if it will be possible i would like to see "Pecopeco" from Ragnarok Online as a mount xD
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the jester might appeal to those playing the DB questline when or if we ever get it. Cicero and all that.

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sad.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Draugr Polymorph? the skeleton was going to far as it is but that is just as bad.

Today Draugr Polymorphs, tomorrow Fairies costumes....Aghh!! that will not work.

Today Guar Mounts, tomorrow Sport's Bike mounts....if they ever added that I would just leave out of sheer disgust.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on January 22, 2015 9:13AM
  • Fruity_Ninja
    Fruity_Ninja
    ✭✭✭
    I am hopeful that one of the new costumes allows you to change into different underwear. I really think mine needs a change, I've been wearing it for 9-10 months now.

Sort of unhygienic if you ask me...
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been asking for a choice of underwear since the start as well. At least what we have now is better than the itchy sackcloth things we had in beta.

• yngvilrundeb16_ESO
    Except from the chef, blacksmith, wedding dress and jester, I'm not very impressed with the costumes. That black and maroon dress is heinous, it looks like it was made in MS Paint. How about some more fancy wear ZoS, with intricate, ornate details? We have saved Nirn after all.
    (*) Vaetilda, NA & EU (*)
  • skoomatrait
    skoomatrait
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS pls tell us how the wedding dress will be looks on male char
  • Wizzo91
    Wizzo91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what would be great: If all these items would also be available ingame through quests, with gold or raids.

But I highly doubt this will be the case.

I also really have a bad omen towards thieves guild and other new PVP elements added. I supect them being tied to the cashshop somehow..
    [EU]

Wizzo - Stamina DK - 50 - DC
    Wizzox - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Vilest Wizz - Magicka Sorc - 50 - DC
    Wiser Wizz - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Wizzo X - Magicka NB - 50 - AD
    In Rainbows - Stam Sorc - 50 - AD
    Fake Plastic Tree - Stamplar - 50 - EP

6XX CP

• Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wizzo91 wrote: »
    You know what would be great: If all these items would also be available ingame through quests, with gold or raids.

But I highly doubt this will be the case.

I also really have a bad omen towards thieves guild and other new PVP elements added. I supect them being tied to the cashshop somehow..

Everything in the future will be tied to the cashshop somehow. That's the problem with cash shops, development focuses on how they can monetize content.
  • istateres
    istateres
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where is this from??
  • Naivefanboi
    Naivefanboi
    ✭✭✭✭
    wow, theres the dog pet we should have had since launch. i never wanted to earn that anyways. nah just buy in the cash store like true gamers would.
    first mount that isnt a horse is in the cash shop? lol shocker. even better to watch this be celebrated.wonder how long before they put the beta monkey pet up on the store lol.rediculous.just gauranteees ill never spend a crown im enjoy watching them expire in the mail.
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kurimugann wrote: »
    One good thing is that now there will be a variety in mounts. Its not that I do not like White or Brown horses, but nobody gets the Black one ever. (now we hope they are not Better than ingame horses)
    They aren't. They are the same as the current mounts. Our riding skill will replace the horse's skills (speed, stam, carrying)
  • Naivefanboi
    Naivefanboi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bleakraven wrote: »
    Kurimugann wrote: »
    One good thing is that now there will be a variety in mounts. Its not that I do not like White or Brown horses, but nobody gets the Black one ever. (now we hope they are not Better than ingame horses)
    They aren't. They are the same as the current mounts. Our riding skill will replace the horse's skills (speed, stam, carrying)

.....so what happens to my 2 horses i leveld to 50? just wipe that too huh
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^ Valid question :sweat_smile:
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • tunepunk
    tunepunk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think i will buy any costumes or mounts, even though they look neat. I'd rather pay for more dungeons, quest lines and other content to explore.
  • DezIsDead
    DezIsDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm honestly upset. All I wanted was a clanfear mount. Tsk tsk ZOS. Could you imagine riding around in a jester out fit on a clan fear?
    Dez Is Dead vr16 AD Sorc
    Rez Dez vr16 DC sorc
    Aimer Cantentius VR16 DC NB AKA Needs Vigor
    Vanreimus Comeback DC DK
    Ihealedurmum VR8 AD temp
    Unonti VR crafting sloot
    Zoschasedawaymyfweinds EP Temp
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a Senche Tiger mount and a shirtless costume, or the other way with a Senche Panther mount to where maybe I could get by Draugr Polymorph costume as Skeletor.