The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for “Your Guide to ESO Plus™ Premium Membership”

• Satyros
    Satyros
    ✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    So, if you are already a subscriber (If you are reading this you are, or your a troll that is just registered on a game site that you dont play) nothing is changing for you.

...except from the Developer's priorities. If the cash shop is what is continuing to make them money after the initial box price then where is it logical to expect that their focus will be placed? Solo quest zones? New endgame content? Both of these may well need a fully levelled character to enjoy. I think it more likely that the focus will be on idiotic vanity items that new buyers will want, and have access to, from day one.

I expect content releases to slow even further (if possible) even if they don't just stop.

This change will affect us all, even if it isn't something that slaps everyone directly in the face.

Exactly.
    Just like it did in TSW.
    The game STILL has only one single raid after all this time.
    But it also has an HUGE amount of costumes.
    Why? The month-long freeloaders won't ever see the raid. But they'ld pay a couple of euros for a costume since they are advertized constantly.

You hit the nail in the head.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How you gonna handle bots and gold sellers in f2p? Idiots
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Miszou
    Miszou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soris_ESO wrote: »

Charge $60 for the game up front?
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Now, now. Please don't tell me this came as a surprise to you folks.

honestly no surprise... the deafening silence for 2 months among free to play rumors and time card pulls it screamed free to play
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miszou wrote: »

$60 ?? it'll be $5 within the first 10 days of release just like it was the first time they released it.
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sure, you'll get a lot of short term subscribers, but the game is going to lose so many long term subscribers. I'm so sad that a game that I love is dying :(
    We need Mannimarco in here to raise this game from the dead.

that's not gonna work there are tales told of people in F2P MMOs who try to sell real things for real money to innocent players, stuff like this is very likely to happen down the road and zenimax will be powerless to stop it as these people will function like bots.
  • Pysech
    Pysech
    Soul Shriven
    Lets see what happens.
    Edited by Pysech on January 22, 2015 10:21AM
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shroud of the Avatar. Made with the players For the players. Open world PvP (outside of towns) Housing and basements already in, massive crafting system. Only in Alpha stage at moment but you can play now and test WITH them not FOR them.[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to check them out.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Miszou
    Miszou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sindala wrote: »

$60 ?? it'll be $5 within the first 10 days of release just like it was the first time they released it.

Really? $5 for a brand new PS4 game? Or are you suggesting that PC and console owners should pay a different price for the game..?
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Robbmrp‌, if you're looking for a RvR focused game, Camelot Unchained is approaching alpha testing and worth a shot.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how does this affect Crafting? Will people still be buying crafted items or will the Crown rewards make them obsolete? If that's the case they just killed off peoples major sources of income in the game. I've never played on a MMO after it went free to play so please be kind when replying :cold_sweat:

NA Server - Kildair
  • stevenbennett_ESO
    stevenbennett_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Whiners gonna whine… ::sigh::

Honestly, while I kind of liked the subscription model, I can only see this as a positive thing. First, all my friends who bought the game but couldn't manage to keep up the subscription will be able to come back -- plus! Second, as I fully plan to keep my subscription, I get lots of nice bonuses -- plus! Third, it becomes a LOT easier to convince other friends to come join me -- plus!

I guess the real question is what is going to be on the Crown store. The FAQ says "convenience and customization items for your characters, as well as services and content". Lets look at that.

- Content: they're referring to DLC here, which are going to be the big ticket items. I really like that if you have an ESO Plus subscription, you get all of that *without* spending your Crowns. I don't see a big issue with that one, and it's generally a plus.

- Services: This is an interesting one. Probably they're referring to name or appearance changes. Maybe moving characters from one account to another? No server migration here since there's only one server. Perhaps they'll sell extra character slots as a "service"? I'd use my Crowns for that, definitely - I need more chars. But again, nothing which is bad for the game that I see and in most cases gives us something useful. Another plus.

- Convenience & Customization: The FAQ says this refers to things like Pets and Mounts. I guess most of you who are complaining are concerned it will include things like game changing items - but honestly, I doubt it. Most of the best items in the game currently are ones you craft, not that you find. I would be very surprised and a little disappointed if that changes due to the Crown store. But even if it does, it's not worth throwing a hissy fit. I say lets wait and see about what they *actually* put on the store before you judge it.

As for you elitist naysayers who are complaining about an influx of casual players - go back to your ivory castle and shut the door behind you, please. There have always been a *lot* more causal players than hardcore players and always will be. Just because we don't put ridiculous numbers of hours into the game doesn't mean we don't support it just as much - I've been playing since beta myself. Just because we aren't as expert as playing the game as you are doesn't make us any less a part of it. If you don't like playing with casual players, join a guild which caters to your kind and stick with them. We'd rather not play with someone with your attitude problems anyway.

Honestly, the switchover to B2P doesn't bother me nearly as much as adding the consoles to the current Megaservers. (Check out the FAQ under "Do my crowns and purchased items come with me if I switch megaservers?" -- it makes it pretty clear that consoles are going to be on the current megaservers...) I'd always thought that consoles were going to be off in their own isolated world. The advantage of that is we get to play the game with friends on consoles. The disadvantage is that consoles are kind of terrible at things like group chat and the like. I have to wonder if they're planning a built in voice chat or something for playing in groups with a mix of PC/Mac and Console.
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deleted
    Edited by Zyle on March 4, 2015 12:53AM

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • HippieTheGreat
    HippieTheGreat
    ✭✭✭
    Now, now. Please don't tell me this came as a surprise to you folks.

honestly no surprise... the deafening silence for 2 months among free to play rumors and time card pulls it screamed free to play

Agreed. The silence said alot more than anything, as sad as that sounds.

Its a shame, I liked ESO but I honestly don't see this helping the current community. Console players, SURE! but they will be on separate servers from the current players.

B2P, with an optional sub....I dunno. Could be fine, could just suck. One thing though, ALL of the ESO f2p/b2p screamers and original ESO haters are going to NEVER let the ESO community forget this :)

• Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dekkameron wrote: »
    Incoming in the shop soon..

Lockboxes with "potentially" special loot in them.....

Holy dear gawd NOOOOooOOOOooOOooooooo!!!! This happens and I'm done for sure. I came from that "other" game in part because of this. Plus the PvP was horrid.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And soon, you get to buy lots of pvp equipment in the game store, making it p2w. Im dissapointed.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Robbmrp‌, if you're looking for a RvR focused game, Camelot Unchained is approaching alpha testing and worth a shot.

Thanks! I'll take a look at that one too!
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Klashnikov
    Gotta admit, this is pretty scary. Hope you know what you're doing Zos. I'm not going to stop playing the game simply because I like Elder Scrolls. However, even I have my breaking point. If this gets too out of hand I may even have to stop playing. Lets just hope they really read the feedback and care about the consumer.
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LAG is only going to get worse.
    1 update every 6~8 months.
    P2W.
    Lore breaking mounts.

edit: +trolls
    Edited by tplink3r1 on January 21, 2015 6:34PM
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For anyone who missed the ESO Live they just held on twitch I made some notes regarding the PC/Mac changes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vv95seu817g88ln/ESOB2P.txt
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Jamesbr1b14_ESO
    EVERY other game I've played that went F2P (read: P2W!) became an intolerable waste of my time and sanity! The community dissolved into pre-pubescent, keyboard smashers that the games catered to by "dumbing down" the game, thus turning it into a WOW type scenario that any 5 year old with access to the internet could play.

I will start my search for another game, but give the benefit of the doubt for (perhaps) a week to see how the wind blows with your "new" changes. It is sad that you didn't even make it a year before you went this direction. VERY sad! Judging by the six pages of comments above mine, this isn't a popular decision except for the "live-in-their-parent's-basement" crowd or the teens and those that have never seen a game go F2P before and watched the community turn into talentless hacks like Paris Hilton without the benefit of money.

My one word to describe this move: PATHETIC!
    Edited by Jamesbr1b14_ESO on January 21, 2015 6:19PM
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Elder Scrolls Online has been a first rate game world and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. However it's never been a first rate online game. Rather, for me at least, it's been a splendid single player game that I could chat about with others while playing.

I swore off cash shop based games after Lord of the Rings Online. The model makes sense. It dominates online gaming but it's simply not for me.

So much talent, effort and even love went into creating ESO.

Many thanks for a wonderful experience. I don't feel cheated or abused. And I was coming to the end of my personal player lifecycle anyway. This change did nothing to hasten that. I certainly got my money's worth.
  • zZzleepyhead
    zZzleepyhead
    ✭✭✭
    Jasonn wrote: »
    My heart sunk when I read this :(
    This is devastating news. Nothing says F2P, but can one assume? I mean that's basically what this is right?
    I feel so cheated and lied to. I would have never touched this game if I knew it was F2P. They can say they listen to their community, but it looks like they're wallets spoke louder. I don't know what to say I'm *** devastated... there is no going back now is there... ):
    MASSREFUNDSPLEASE
    Edited by zZzleepyhead on January 21, 2015 6:26PM
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tplink3r1 wrote: »
    LAG is only going to get worse.
    1 update every 6~8 months.
    P2W.
    Lore breaking mounts.

Yeah, that's my only true fear right now. Servers can't handle the current load, so how they're supposed to cope with the b2p rush in just two months is beyond me. It's going to be messy.

I've still got way more than a year worth of time on my account, so I'll see how the game will (d)evolve, I suppose.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This looks tolerable to me as a player, but it's going to hurt Zenimax's bottom line over the long term. For the small price of free, I would have given them this idea:

After you have paid a full year of subscription fees the cost goes down to $5 per month. For extra revenues, introduce player housing as DLC.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • infoub17_ESO22
    After month three after supposed live (not beta) I knew it would go to this. F2P will blow because the community will drop to mega trolls and pay 2 win will suck. The game will now be unbalanced even more so and will go on being hacked in PVP as it has since day one.
  • jmunkxb14_ESO
    O NOZ TEH SKYZ R FALLINGZ!!!!!!! I don't understand why people think that these models are pay to win. 1. You are here, so you are subbing, so you get exp and gold boost (10% omgz teh overpowered). 2. They aren't selling Vet gear or anything (only thing that I am not sure about are health pots and soul gems. Everything else is for vanity.) Kwitchurbichen. Thanks.
  • zZzleepyhead
    zZzleepyhead
    ✭✭✭
    This and StarCraft 2 were the only games worth my time and with this news I think it might be time to give up this hobby. Its going in a terrible direction. Dev boycott, do something. NOBODY, besides the players who want to troll in zone chat, what this decision! WHYY1!?!! my brain is exploding right now guys what do I do?!?
    Edited by zZzleepyhead on January 21, 2015 6:31PM
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This does not sound as bad as everybody making it out to be. I am going to stay and see how this turn out. Instead of giving up like most people are doing.
  • blade360pcb16_ESO
    blade360pcb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    R.I.P. ESO
This discussion has been closed.