The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Update 6 Guide: Provisioning"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article "Update 6 Guide: Provisioning."

Learn about the provisioning changes set to arrive in Update 6 in this helpful guide!
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • HeroOfEvbof
    HeroOfEvbof
    ✭✭✭
    Does there appear to be a purposeful bias towards Health food?
    Fish can yield meat. Game animals and domestic animals can yield meat. What this means is that without looting cities and bandit dungeons, we will always be able to turn up meat.
    Realizing we can buy fruits, vegetables, tonics, tea and booze stuff from grocers it still seems that the bias is on meat.
    apud me omnia fiunt Mathematicè in Natura - Rene Descartes
  • MercutioElessar
    MercutioElessar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many new recipes have been introduced.

How many?
    And by the way: How many are in the game, right now?

If I've ever offended you,
    just know that from the bottom of my heart,
    I really don't give a ***.

• Tendrielle
    Tendrielle
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds very cool. Only one thing concerns me: wouldn't it be more interesting if you'd nerv the buffs generally to allow having both a drinking and a food buff active?
    Edited by Tendrielle on January 19, 2015 5:15PM
  • HeroOfEvbof
    HeroOfEvbof
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of grocers - will the grocer assigned to Bangkorai get fixed?
    The grocer for the Bangkorai zone is in a village where player choices can lead to the village being deserted. This really stinks.
    I have had guildmates question the grocer before leaving the village once and for all and the grocer never mentions where they are going to relocate their business.
    apud me omnia fiunt Mathematicè in Natura - Rene Descartes
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but this is not really much of an improvement. Until you can stack beverages with food you're wasting a big portion of the craft. I cannot fathom how any improvement to drinks would put them even close to par with food especially in PVP. Seriously, go back to the drawing board.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay! Thanks!
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • henryabelarwb17_ESO
    What will happen to the current ingredients we have stored in the bank?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weberda wrote: »
    I'm sorry but this is not really much of an improvement. Until you can stack beverages with food you're wasting a big portion of the craft. I cannot fathom how any improvement to drinks would put them even close to par with food especially in PVP. Seriously, go back to the drawing board.
    Ideally, one food and one drink should stack. They did not say it would not, so that is something. They do listen to feedback.
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JasonLeavey‌ Thanks for the info!

Recipe Hunter here and since finding out that the green recipe for Saltrice Slurry doesn't exist, I'm down to needing 2 blue and 9 purple recipes to max out what is currently available in game.

Looking forward to testing this on PTS!

My questions would be:

Are you converting recipes already known to ones that would be useful in 1.6? If yes, what percentage would you say? If no, why not?

Anyone else notice the current hireling only matt "Tomato" appears to be used in a simple lower level green recipe in one of the newer images.

SELL!!!!! SELL!!!!!! :)
    Edited by Stonesthrow on January 19, 2015 5:33PM
  • Blackmoon777
    Blackmoon777
    ✭✭✭
    Drink buffs have been improved greatly to make them competitive with food buffs.

so we cant use both drinks and food at the same time?
    your plan to make them stackable was nice, why u changed it?
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ideally, one food and one drink should stack. They did not say it would not, so that is something. They do listen to feedback.

The last statement about being "competitive" says to me that they will not stack. Since most player fights in Cyrodil last less than 5 seconds the total available resource pool at any given instant is far more important than regen over time.

Somebody will run the numbers and do tests on the PTS when this comes out. I'm willing to bet real money that the results bear me out. I am really disappointed in ZOS now. Lag is one thing. Giving a player a useless crafting ability is just as bad.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're not very imaginative then.
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    Does there appear to be a purposeful bias towards Health food?
    Fish can yield meat. Game animals and domestic animals can yield meat. What this means is that without looting cities and bandit dungeons, we will always be able to turn up meat.
    Realizing we can buy fruits, vegetables, tonics, tea and booze stuff from grocers it still seems that the bias is on meat.

There is nothing unusual about this. Health is the primary stat is most games I have ever played. Staying alive is the MOST important attribute. That's why, currently, we receive 15 HP for every attribute point compared to 10 MG or 10 ST. Those later 2 categories are secondary and dependent upon your ability to live in any game. :smile:
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • Blackmoon777
    Blackmoon777
    ✭✭✭
    That's why, currently, we receive 15 HP for every attribute point compared to 10 MG or 10 ST. Those later 2 categories are secondary and dependent upon your ability to live in any game.

In 1.6 your HP:MP:STAMINA will be close to 1:1:1 not as it is now 1,5:1:1

and my Q is:

are there now vet10 or vet10+ recipes? or vet5 is still max lvl?
    Edited by Blackmoon777 on January 19, 2015 5:44PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The last statement about being "competitive" says to me that they will not stack. Since most player fights in Cyrodil last less than 5 seconds the total available resource pool at any given instant is far more important than regen over time.

Somebody will run the numbers and do tests on the PTS when this comes out. I'm willing to bet real money that the results bear me out. I am really disappointed in ZOS now. Lag is one thing. Giving a player a useless crafting ability is just as bad.

You can interpret the word to mean that.

It may also mean that people will be less likely to ignore one because it is weaker.

I think they will stack. When is the only question.

• Fruity_Ninja
    Fruity_Ninja
    ✭✭✭
    i wonder how they are going to manage the changeover of recipes and ingredients in already in our inventory?

do we get equivalent recipes (of ones we have already learned) already researched on our characters?

what about if we have stacks of the key ingredients in our bank to craft the food/drink we use all the time, do we get the equivalents put in our bank? this one is particularly important, i know in my case i spent a lot of time purchasing or farming the ingredients and keeping them well stocked. that allows me to constantly craft the food/drink buffs i need for all of my characters.
    Edited by Fruity_Ninja on January 19, 2015 5:43PM
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've already answered what would happen to existing ingredients multiple times in the forums. Common ingredients will go "stale" and gain value (so they can be vendored), while rare ingredients like tomatoes will be converted into different but equivalent ingredients of the new system.
  • henryabelarwb17_ESO
    They've already answered what would happen to existing ingredients multiple times in the forums. Common ingredients will go "stale" and gain value (so they can be vendored), while rare ingredients like tomatoes will be converted into different but equivalent ingredients of the new system.

yeh so like a stack of salt u buy for 10k can be sold for 100g :P and what about the food? if we have stacks of purple food will it get stale too or converted? can someone point me to where they discussed this?
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we lose the good recipes we already have? Will I lose the ability to cook those purple foods I already know the recipes for (or their new versions?)

What happens to all the potatoes I have in the bank?
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's why, currently, we receive 15 HP for every attribute point compared to 10 MG or 10 ST. Those later 2 categories are secondary and dependent upon your ability to live in any game.

In 1.6 your HP:MP:STAMINA will be close to 1:1:1 not as it is now 1,5:1:1

and my Q is:

are there now vet10 or vet10+ recipes? or vet5 is still max lvl?

Vet 10 recipes were confirmed in an ESO Life episode.
  • Fruity_Ninja
    Fruity_Ninja
    ✭✭✭

So we will need to reacquire relevant ingredients after the patch?

When you say 'gain value', did they give any indication of how much? And existing food we already have crafted, will that still work on my chars? If so, I'd be liable to just craft as much as I can and give it out to my characters to use in the interim whilst I acquire new, fresh ingredients for the new recipes.

All this information would really help in planning. Thanks for your reply.
  • Max2497
    Max2497
    ✭✭✭
    Originally, there was talk about making "meals" that would basically act like food and drink. Have these been scrapped? I was really hoping for those or the stacking of food and drink with this patch.
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    The increases that an epic food recipe gives you now are somewhere in the 10% range of what an epic recipe will give you after 1.6 hits since all the stats are getting blown up…

Curious as well as to what happens to currently crafted stacks of food, wether they get buffed up or go stale for vendoring. Made a couple dozen stacks a few weeks ago to see what happens to them on PTS.
  • Halfrica
    Halfrica
    Soul Shriven
    I like this idea. It will definitely be nice to have more bag space too.

If stacking is something not being implemented there should be the option of crafting a food that buffs max stats as well as regeneration with nerfed values. Soups perhaps? It would be the same way tri-pots and consummate food works now. Just a thought :smile:
  • bkzland
    bkzland
    ✭✭
    Drink buffs have been improved greatly to make them competitive with food buffs.

This won't matter as long as we have mandatory minima on maximum health to survive one-shots as well as scaling off of the maximum values. Maybe if drinks had more diverse effect, instead of only buffing regeneration values, e.g. increase move speed for buff duration, of crit intensity, things not currently buffable easily.
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to this update quite a bit but I must say I'm disappointed in how little they're telling the provisioners who have maxxed our skills and gotten all the max recipes we need.

I would like to know explicitly what happens to our current stock, recipes, and crafted food and drink. I understand that they said our old ingredients would gain value, but they also said to keep leveling after v14 and caused a riot when they changed their minds. I'm fine with things changing but I would very much like to know how it will affect me so that I may plan accordingly.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    MrGhosty wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to this update quite a bit but I must say I'm disappointed in how little they're telling the provisioners who have maxxed our skills and gotten all the max recipes we need.

I would like to know explicitly what happens to our current stock, recipes, and crafted food and drink. I understand that they said our old ingredients would gain value, but they also said to keep leveling after v14 and caused a riot when they changed their minds. I'm fine with things changing but I would very much like to know how it will affect me so that I may plan accordingly.

PTS… PTS…

coming soon
  • black-gryphonb14_ESO
    The problem I see first off is that the "Update 6 Guide: Provisioning" doesn't really tell you one blasted thing of importance...absolutely no details on which to base legitimate questions:

- What happens to the 200+ Recipes we currently have learned (or are available)?
    - What happens to the stacks of food we have made for our various leveled alts and guild mates?
    - 'They say...' that some ingredients will be 'stale' and given a value - does that mean they can't be used, not even in the legacy recipes? Which implies the legacy recipes disappear?
    - Some ingredients aka 'Additives' are rare...is this something like Tomatoes and Oats? What is going to happen to those...some of us have been saving them for the Provisioning revamp...is this now a useless endeavor?

So many questions...and absolutely no 'hard' details.

Oh, and for those that say "Watch the video" - for some of us that isn't feasible, so a text version in the forums would be greatly appreciated.
    Aaelefein, a Veteran Templar of the 14th Level seeking to complete his Master Crafter Certification but still needs to finish exploring Craglorn in order to acquire all the knowledge pertaining to the Nirnhoned Trait.
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice pictures, nothing new or informative in the txt.

Tell us what happens to what we already have!

Seriously, marketing might tell you this generates buzz. You're posting on the game forum, everybody here is subscribed.

Fluff posts without the important information generate irritation which is a kind of buzz I guess. It's the kind of buzz you get by kicking a beehive though.
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since most player fights in Cyrodil last less than 5 seconds the total available resource pool at any given instant is far more important than regen over time.
    True, drinks will likely be pointless for PvP. My hope is that the regen is so good that drinks will be preferred for tanks and healers in long, drawnout boss fights.
    Lag is one thing. Giving a player a useless crafting ability is just as bad.
    Not even close to comparable in severity. Lag should be priority #1
    Heck, I wouldn't care if they removed Provisioning from the game altogether if that somehow magically fixed the lag.
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.