The Firesong DLC and Update 36 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Make dungeons and trials cross faction in 1.6 or future patch plz.

Cody
Cody
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Many threads may have already been made; but I want to make this anyway.

There is absolutely no good reason why we can't do dungeons cross faction. It would make finding groups MUCH faster, would allow friends and guildies to play with each other much easier, and would be an interesting experience to play with one of your sworn enemies:D

It would also be nice if craglorn was made cross-faction. Its a group only zone, finding groups for the quests there would likely be much quicker if we could do cross-faction grouping.
  • Cogo
    Cogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um, no. No and no. Did I say no?
    Oghur Hatemachine, Guild leader of The Nephilim - EU Megaserver
    Orc Weapon Specialist and Warchief of the Ebonheart Pact - Trueflame Cyrodiil War Campaign
    Guildsite: The Nephilim

    "I don't agree with what you are saying, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"
    -Voltaire

    "My build? Improvise, overcome and adapt!"
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    factions exist for a reason. ive explained this more times than I can count going back to 6 months before ESO was even released and no. the factions are at war. Darth Vader doesn't slaughter the Rebels during the week, and hang out with his Jedi buddies on the weekend having a beer. Factions are created to SEPERATE and create animosity between faction players. communication between factions of any kind ruins that in all MMOS. playing WOW for 7 years i never heard the ALLIANCe players say"hey it would be cool if we could run dungeons with the HOrde players". it destroys faction pride and for those new to MMOS I understand the confusion but its a core element of most MMOs.
    Sorry but this isn't WoW. Also Rift does it just fine. The concept is that the Factions are putting their differences aside to defeat greater foes, in that it doesn't matter if they hate each other if there's nobody left on the world to hate because the stronger foes wipe them all out. This is very easily explainable and perfectly doable. Also, sorry to burst your bubble, but Paul Sage said the week Craglorn came out that they are working on this very thing, that is making instanced content cross faction. It's obviously low on their priorities or we'd already have it.

    Also while your making WoW your reference, Factions mean little there either. You can Faction change back and forth (for a fee) almost as you please. You can also Race change (for a fee) nearly as much as you like. The only thing you cannot do in WoW with regards to Factions is Cross-Faction instanced content, but you do in fact put your differences aside to defeat stronger foes. This can be seen all over the place where there are neutral cities/areas on the battlefront where both factions interact, to a point ofc.
    Edited by DeLindsay on January 16, 2015 9:25AM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can I get a dev to move this to general discussion plz?
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭
    factions exist for a reason. ive explained this more times than I can count going back to 6 months before ESO was even released and no. the factions are at war. Darth Vader doesn't slaughter the Rebels during the week, and hang out with his Jedi buddies on the weekend having a beer. Factions are created to SEPERATE and create animosity between faction players. communication between factions of any kind ruins that in all MMOS. playing WOW for 7 years i never heard the ALLIANCe players say"hey it would be cool if we could run dungeons with the HOrde players". it destroys faction pride and for those new to MMOS I understand the confusion but its a core element of most MMOs.

    You are not Darth Vader! At best, you are a mere Zabrak (and no, you cant be Darth Maul either...).

    Even some Zabraks (like Bao-Dur, who helped jedis rebuild the council) can become respectable people under the Republic.

    I mean, its a war, but it does not mean everyone is involved in one faction because they are ethnically/geographically told to be.

    Every ES has been a statement of it, so there is no need for you to explain yourself anymore. We just agree to disagree.


    And now please stop talking about Star Wars in an ES forum or you will force me to transform into my Full-Power Super Saiyan form to beat the hell out of you with my ebony jedi sword, capisce?
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    Many threads may have already been made; but I want to make this anyway.

    There is absolutely no good reason why we can't do dungeons cross faction. It would make finding groups MUCH faster, would allow friends and guildies to play with each other much easier, and would be an interesting experience to play with one of your sworn enemies:D

    It would also be nice if craglorn was made cross-faction. Its a group only zone, finding groups for the quests there would likely be much quicker if we could do cross-faction grouping.

    But there are good reasons. The first comment has them. It makes sense that ppl of opposing factions can't group. Say, if they did, they would be executed by their kings.
    What you're saying is kinda like...
    Cody wrote: »
    Many threads may have already been made; but I want to make this anyway.

    There is absolutely no good reason why we can't kill with one button/have jetpacks and fly. It would make killing enemies/getting to places MUCH faster, would allow friends and guildies to kill each other much easier/to have jetpack races, and would be an interesting experience to kill/win one of your sworn enemies just by pressing one button/in a race like that:D

    It would also be nice if craglorn was made to have a gas station where we can fuel our jet packs and rocket boots. Its a large zone, moving between places so that group members can all rally would be much quicker if we had jet packs and rocket boots.
    I couldn't choose which analogy to use. Had even more than 2..
    Edited by Artis on January 17, 2015 12:30AM
  • Dreamo84
    Dreamo84
    ✭✭✭
    Better yet, give us a PvP opt out and let us carebears play nice while the PvPers can do their thing. Win win!
    Dream it, wish it, do it... or something...
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Artemis wrote: »
    Cody wrote: »
    Many threads may have already been made; but I want to make this anyway.

    There is absolutely no good reason why we can't do dungeons cross faction. It would make finding groups MUCH faster, would allow friends and guildies to play with each other much easier, and would be an interesting experience to play with one of your sworn enemies:D

    It would also be nice if craglorn was made cross-faction. Its a group only zone, finding groups for the quests there would likely be much quicker if we could do cross-faction grouping.

    But there are good reasons. The first comment has them. It makes sense that ppl of opposing factions can't group. Say, if they did, they would be executed by their kings.
    What you're saying is kinda like...
    Cody wrote: »
    Many threads may have already been made; but I want to make this anyway.

    There is absolutely no good reason why we can't kill with one button/have jetpacks and fly. It would make killing enemies/getting to places MUCH faster, would allow friends and guildies to kill each other much easier/to have jetpack races, and would be an interesting experience to kill/win one of your sworn enemies just by pressing one button/in a race like that:D

    It would also be nice if craglorn was made to have a gas station where we can fuel our jet packs and rocket boots. Its a large zone, moving between places so that group members can all rally would be much quicker if we had jet packs and rocket boots.
    I couldn't choose which analogy to use. Had even more than 2..

    alright. enjoy seven hour searches then
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Artemis wrote: »
    Cody wrote: »
    Many threads may have already been made; but I want to make this anyway.

    There is absolutely no good reason why we can't do dungeons cross faction. It would make finding groups MUCH faster, would allow friends and guildies to play with each other much easier, and would be an interesting experience to play with one of your sworn enemies:D

    It would also be nice if craglorn was made cross-faction. Its a group only zone, finding groups for the quests there would likely be much quicker if we could do cross-faction grouping.

    But there are good reasons. The first comment has them. It makes sense that ppl of opposing factions can't group. Say, if they did, they would be executed by their kings.
    What you're saying is kinda like...
    Cody wrote: »
    Many threads may have already been made; but I want to make this anyway.

    There is absolutely no good reason why we can't kill with one button/have jetpacks and fly. It would make killing enemies/getting to places MUCH faster, would allow friends and guildies to kill each other much easier/to have jetpack races, and would be an interesting experience to kill/win one of your sworn enemies just by pressing one button/in a race like that:D

    It would also be nice if craglorn was made to have a gas station where we can fuel our jet packs and rocket boots. Its a large zone, moving between places so that group members can all rally would be much quicker if we had jet packs and rocket boots.
    I couldn't choose which analogy to use. Had even more than 2..

    The game is full of AD/DC NPCs in the EP zones, including adventurers in some delves/dungeons, members of various neutral guilds and some more. The same applies for AD and DC zones.

    Obviously there is a war and you can not open other alliances zones/cities to the enemy factions completely, but a 4-man group exploring a dungeon in the depths of one of those zones is not something that rare to see.

    Lets see, the Undaunted themselves are made of races all across Tamriel. Wont my alliance (EP) execute me for doing quests for a Bosmer (daily gold pledge)?
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd really love to purposefully lose aggro and send a boss to @AbraXuSeXile‌ :P
    Edited by Yusuf on January 17, 2015 4:23PM
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    factions exist for a reason. ive explained this more times than I can count going back to 6 months before ESO was even released and no. the factions are at war. Darth Vader doesn't slaughter the Rebels during the week, and hang out with his Jedi buddies on the weekend having a beer. Factions are created to SEPERATE and create animosity between faction players. communication between factions of any kind ruins that in all MMOS. playing WOW for 7 years i never heard the ALLIANCe players say"hey it would be cool if we could run dungeons with the HOrde players". it destroys faction pride and for those new to MMOS I understand the confusion but its a core element of most MMOs.

    Well if you paid attention to the storyline of the groupdungeons i'm sure you realized that there are bigger problems at hand than the war there.

    Or how do you want to explain Ebonheart players saving the Summerset-Isles from Rilis or Aldmeri players saving the city of Wayrest from 2 undead siblings?

    Why shouldn't people from different factions band together to save the WORLD from the celestial serpent?

    Just a few excuses so people can wrap their head around this idea :)
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I very much support this. Besides sharing instance or a LFG tool is not the same thing as sharing the landscape (something that for obvious reasons would be impossible, except for Craglorn).

    So when the dungeon or trial is done, everyone is ported back to their own map. Is that really so hard to implement?

    Can be pretty tricky to find and make groups during off-peak hours, in my experience. Would be so much easier with a player pool from 3 alliances to pick from.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

    alright. enjoy seven hour searches then

    oh, I'm not against this change. I'm just trying to say, that there are reasons why it shouldn't be done. It is good and makes sense for you and some others..And I respect that and understand you. Others don't want alliances to interact - and I understand them too. (Besides, how's it gonna be? Why can't they see each other in zones, but can - in dungeons.. It kinda doesn't make sense.) And there are also players who would love having rocket boots or god mode available. Because it's more fun and save time for them.
    Also, let's not forget, that when you go to other fractions' zones you kinda go in the past. (before you complete them at least).
    Also, 7 hour searches take place because LFG tool doesn't seem to work, not because there're not enough players.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Artemis wrote: »
    Cody wrote: »

    alright. enjoy seven hour searches then

    oh, I'm not against this change. I'm just trying to say, that there are reasons why it shouldn't be done. It is good and makes sense for you and some others..And I respect that and understand you. Others don't want alliances to interact - and I understand them too. (Besides, how's it gonna be? Why can't they see each other in zones, but can - in dungeons.. It kinda doesn't make sense.) And there are also players who would love having rocket boots or god mode available. Because it's more fun and save time for them.
    Also, let's not forget, that when you go to other fractions' zones you kinda go in the past. (before you complete them at least).
    Also, 7 hour searches take place because LFG tool doesn't seem to work, not because there're not enough players.

    I don't just use the LFG tool when looking for dungeon groups. I also ask in zone, and it usually does not work.
    and its honestly unfair of you to compare my request to someone wanting god mode and invincibility: I want this change to find groups faster, not to make me a beast at the game
    Edited by Cody on January 18, 2015 5:53PM
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please. It's been mentioned countless number of times already - as long as we have Cadwell's silver/gold and do other factions' dungeons, there's nothing lorebreaking about doing those with other factions' players. If my EP can and, moreover, has to save altmer from Rilis, I might as well do it with actual altmer at my side, I fail to see how this would be more lorebreaking than the original idea.

    I don't know how it'd work with Craglorn but dungeons/Trials are instances so shouldn't be an issue at all. A group is made from diff alliances, ports to same instance of dungeon, does it together, disbands and goes back to their alliances. I understand current code doesn't allow that but doesn't sound like it should be overly complicated to add.

    We have 3 factions of players ALL complaining about being unable to fin a group. It makes no fricking sense these people can't just group together and solve all their problems>.<
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemis wrote: »
    But there are good reasons. The first comment has them. It makes sense that ppl of opposing factions can't group. Say, if they did, they would be executed by their kings.
    Yeah, because it's not like the 3 guilds are considered neutral in the alliance war or anything. And we all know that the rulers of the alliances are executing every single mages guild, fighters guild, and undaunted member they can get their hands on for daring to work with members of their guild across Tamriel. You're right, it totally makes sense that you can't work with other members of the undaunted from other alliances... In fact, it makes a lot of sense that High King Emeric is perfectly fine with you wandering off and taking care of a problem for his enemy Queen Ayrenn over at Tempest Island. Just don't you dare join up with any of Queen Ayrenn's subjects to do it! If you're helping out another alliance, that's fine, just no fraternizing!
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Artemis wrote: »
    But there are good reasons. The first comment has them. It makes sense that ppl of opposing factions can't group. Say, if they did, they would be executed by their kings.
    Yeah, because it's not like the 3 guilds are considered neutral in the alliance war or anything. And we all know that the rulers of the alliances are executing every single mages guild, fighters guild, and undaunted member they can get their hands on for daring to work with members of their guild across Tamriel. You're right, it totally makes sense that you can't work with other members of the undaunted from other alliances... In fact, it makes a lot of sense that High King Emeric is perfectly fine with you wandering off and taking care of a problem for his enemy Queen Ayrenn over at Tempest Island. Just don't you dare join up with any of Queen Ayrenn's subjects to do it! If you're helping out another alliance, that's fine, just no fraternizing!

    ^this

    The guilds are neutral, and even played a major part in the temporary truce in the main quest. All group instances already occur through the undaunted. That right there is already reason enough for cross faction grouping. It's already set up so well, there is little reason not to have it.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    and its honestly unfair of you to compare my request to someone wanting god mode and invincibility: I want this change to find groups faster, not to make me a beast at the game

    And someone wants rocket boots and a jet pack just to move around faster :) or god mode to farm AP faster :) I'm just saying, that some things make the game more comfortable for you but seem unfair to others.
    What if I don't want others to find groups faster because I feel like I deserve to have the advantage of fast grouping since I'm the part of a good guild?
    What I'm saying is there is a plenty of players out there to group with. Find a guild :) You can find 3 or 11 more people in ONE faction and don't need that cross-faction feature, do you? :)
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Artemis wrote: »
    But there are good reasons. The first comment has them. It makes sense that ppl of opposing factions can't group. Say, if they did, they would be executed by their kings.
    Yeah, because it's not like the 3 guilds are considered neutral in the alliance war or anything. And we all know that the rulers of the alliances are executing every single mages guild, fighters guild, and undaunted member they can get their hands on for daring to work with members of their guild across Tamriel. You're right, it totally makes sense that you can't work with other members of the undaunted from other alliances... In fact, it makes a lot of sense that High King Emeric is perfectly fine with you wandering off and taking care of a problem for his enemy Queen Ayrenn over at Tempest Island. Just don't you dare join up with any of Queen Ayrenn's subjects to do it! If you're helping out another alliance, that's fine, just no fraternizing!

    Ok but we are not only in those guilds. As a member of DC I also am a personal agent of King Emeric and kill AD scouts. In AD I am the part of that secret organization working on Queen Ayrenn. EP members have a large-scaled war with DC in Stonefalls.
    The point is, the guilds are neutral, the players ARE NOT.
    The guilds are neutral which means they don't take part in war and don't force their members to do it(it's not one of the things your membership there implies), but they can't and they don't forbid you supporting your alliance, and your alliance is at war. It doesn't matter that you are a member of the fighters/mages/undaunted, you are a part of your alliance as well. And you alliance is NOT neutral.
    Doesn't it make sense?
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Artemis wrote: »
    Cody wrote: »
    and its honestly unfair of you to compare my request to someone wanting god mode and invincibility: I want this change to find groups faster, not to make me a beast at the game

    And someone wants rocket boots and a jet pack just to move around faster :) or god mode to farm AP faster :) I'm just saying, that some things make the game more comfortable for you but seem unfair to others.
    What if I don't want others to find groups faster because I feel like I deserve to have the advantage of fast grouping since I'm the part of a good guild?
    What I'm saying is there is a plenty of players out there to group with. Find a guild :) You can find 3 or 11 more people in ONE faction and don't need that cross-faction feature, do you? :)
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Artemis wrote: »
    But there are good reasons. The first comment has them. It makes sense that ppl of opposing factions can't group. Say, if they did, they would be executed by their kings.
    Yeah, because it's not like the 3 guilds are considered neutral in the alliance war or anything. And we all know that the rulers of the alliances are executing every single mages guild, fighters guild, and undaunted member they can get their hands on for daring to work with members of their guild across Tamriel. You're right, it totally makes sense that you can't work with other members of the undaunted from other alliances... In fact, it makes a lot of sense that High King Emeric is perfectly fine with you wandering off and taking care of a problem for his enemy Queen Ayrenn over at Tempest Island. Just don't you dare join up with any of Queen Ayrenn's subjects to do it! If you're helping out another alliance, that's fine, just no fraternizing!

    Ok but we are not only in those guilds. As a member of DC I also am a personal agent of King Emeric and kill AD scouts. In AD I am the part of that secret organization working on Queen Ayrenn. EP members have a large-scaled war with DC in Stonefalls.
    The point is, the guilds are neutral, the players ARE NOT.
    The guilds are neutral which means they don't take part in war and don't force their members to do it(it's not one of the things your membership there implies), but they can't and they don't forbid you supporting your alliance, and your alliance is at war. It doesn't matter that you are a member of the fighters/mages/undaunted, you are a part of your alliance as well. And you alliance is NOT neutral.
    Doesn't it make sense?

    "find a guild" I DO have a guild, only most of them don't even come on anymore, and its a pain to find another one. Nor should I even have to use a guild. "Play how you want", the ever popular motto of ESO. It should not take seven hours to find 3 people for a dungeon Artemis. Stop defending it, its crap and you know it.

    The only valid excuse you have is lore wise; but have you ever considered the fact not EVERY SINGLE CITIZEN OF THE KINGDOM is part of the alliance war? Have you ever considered that there are people who just don't give a fudge about the alliance war, and would help members of other races regardless? I could sit here and give you the "War is stupid" speech, but that is beside the point. Im sure in these times of tamriel, there were friends and close people who did not give a flying cliff racing fudge about the war and race and all that crap, and were willing to help each other out. Not every single citizen of tamriel were nativist, isolationist, prejudiced, racist, paranoid, close minded followers of whatever banner their kingdom ruled. Many people likely were very open minded, and were more than willing to help out people of other races and alliances accomplish certain goals. Certainly enough to put aside their differences to stop an evil undead elf king from causing Chaos to all of tamriel, or to stop an evil spider cultist from abusing the power of the Obsidian Husk.

    I'm sorry Artemis, but I cannot understand why you want to keep finding groups so difficult. I will never understand it. I do not see how it taking seven hours to find 3 people for a dungeon is a good thing, and why it should not be fixed. there should not be a "just join a guild and forget about it" its a huge problem knowing that it takes seven hours with the group finder to find people for dungeons. If the finder will not work, then take it out of the game, as it may as well be a lie to our faces.

    Cross faction group finding is not so dang lore breaking, nor is it an "unfair advantage"(I have NO idea where the heck you even came up with such an idea to be honest), nor would it be forced upon anyone. If one heavily values their faction pride, then they can stick with all these guilds you love. You would not have to take advantage of this system. And before you say "that's not fair they get a faster system than me" Its your choice whether or not to use it. It honestly should still be faster the guild way if the guild constantly has people on, so please stop with the "unfair advantage" argument.

    Alright, im done, debate with whomever else you will, it's clear we don't agree and it's not worth having a 3 page argument over it.

    Edited by Cody on January 21, 2015 5:47AM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Artemis wrote: »
    Cody wrote: »
    and its honestly unfair of you to compare my request to someone wanting god mode and invincibility: I want this change to find groups faster, not to make me a beast at the game

    And someone wants rocket boots and a jet pack just to move around faster :) or god mode to farm AP faster :) I'm just saying, that some things make the game more comfortable for you but seem unfair to others.
    What if I don't want others to find groups faster because I feel like I deserve to have the advantage of fast grouping since I'm the part of a good guild?
    What I'm saying is there is a plenty of players out there to group with. Find a guild :) You can find 3 or 11 more people in ONE faction and don't need that cross-faction feature, do you? :)
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Artemis wrote: »
    But there are good reasons. The first comment has them. It makes sense that ppl of opposing factions can't group. Say, if they did, they would be executed by their kings.
    Yeah, because it's not like the 3 guilds are considered neutral in the alliance war or anything. And we all know that the rulers of the alliances are executing every single mages guild, fighters guild, and undaunted member they can get their hands on for daring to work with members of their guild across Tamriel. You're right, it totally makes sense that you can't work with other members of the undaunted from other alliances... In fact, it makes a lot of sense that High King Emeric is perfectly fine with you wandering off and taking care of a problem for his enemy Queen Ayrenn over at Tempest Island. Just don't you dare join up with any of Queen Ayrenn's subjects to do it! If you're helping out another alliance, that's fine, just no fraternizing!

    Ok but we are not only in those guilds. As a member of DC I also am a personal agent of King Emeric and kill AD scouts. In AD I am the part of that secret organization working on Queen Ayrenn. EP members have a large-scaled war with DC in Stonefalls.
    The point is, the guilds are neutral, the players ARE NOT.
    The guilds are neutral which means they don't take part in war and don't force their members to do it(it's not one of the things your membership there implies), but they can't and they don't forbid you supporting your alliance, and your alliance is at war. It doesn't matter that you are a member of the fighters/mages/undaunted, you are a part of your alliance as well. And you alliance is NOT neutral.
    Doesn't it make sense?

    disregard this reply, I deleted the body, but it's not letting me delete the post itself
    Edited by Cody on January 21, 2015 5:50AM
  • Lithium Flower
    Lithium Flower
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just as certain members of the undaunted who venture into enemy territory to fight evil look past the Alliance War so do a lot of PvErs, Casual Players and Hardcore PvPers.

    If your faction pride forbids you from considering grouping with other faction players for lore/realism reasons, I sure hope you don't do any pledge dungeons that are not located in your faction (2/3s of them) and also skipped Cadwell Silver and Gold otherwise your argument is hypocritical.

    If so, I have all the respect for you as a roleplayer and your playstyle. You'll have no trouble avoiding other faction players in dungeons. You can have your one-faction guilds and play exclusively with them and quit pugs with other-faction players out of protest.

    But the vast majority of players in eso do all types of pledges and group dungeons and Cadwell's gold and silver and there are in-game, lore-friendly, story reasons for having cross-faction grouping and areas.

    Your arguments would hold up if the Undaunted, Mages Guild, Fighter's Guild, the Main Quest and Cadwell's Almanac were not part of the game but they are, and cannot be ignored to shoe-horn a generic MMO idea (no cross-faction interaction) into this specific game, the main theme of which is that of the Vestige rising above faction loyalty in the interests of the greater good.

    Dragonknight Smith of the Lith | Rayna Dreloth
    Templar Josephine Belmont | Catherine Belmont | Irene Belmont
    Sorceror Blathanna | Eta Carina
    Nightblade Adda Vorenor

    Ebonheart Pact | Daggerfall Covenant | EU | Champion Points ~ 800 | Crafter of all things
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemis wrote: »
    Ok but we are not only in those guilds. As a member of DC I also am a personal agent of King Emeric and kill AD scouts. In AD I am the part of that secret organization working on Queen Ayrenn. EP members have a large-scaled war with DC in Stonefalls.
    The point is, the guilds are neutral, the players ARE NOT.
    The guilds are neutral which means they don't take part in war and don't force their members to do it(it's not one of the things your membership there implies), but they can't and they don't forbid you supporting your alliance, and your alliance is at war. It doesn't matter that you are a member of the fighters/mages/undaunted, you are a part of your alliance as well. And you alliance is NOT neutral.
    Doesn't it make sense?
    Ah, so you've never done any of the group dungeons aside from those in your own alliance's zone, and you haven't done Cadwell's Silver or Cadwell's Gold right? Otherwise your argument doesn't hold water.

    Even then, it still makes no sense. The guilds are neutral. You are a member of the Undaunted. You work with other guild members, many of whom are from other alliances. It doesn't matter if you are a part of a different alliance, and if you would fight against a different guild member if you encountered them on the battlefield - while you are on a guild mission you are on the same side.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's as I've said before, and a number of you have said above here. It's more lore-friendly than lore-breaking to allow cross-faction. And here are the reasons:
    • Group Dungeons: You are not working for your alliance; you are joining in with a group of like-minded adventurers, who are the Undaunted.
    • Coldharbour: The Alliance leaders have sanctioned their members working together under the Guild-led invasion.
    • Craglorn: Whether the Alliance leaders support this or not is irrelevant; Craglorn is not in their territory. The Star-Gazers are asking for help from everyone.
    • Eyevea and The Earth Forge: These are Guild Sanctuaries, away from the warzone. Cross-faction makes sense here, because that's why they exist (Eyevea particularly).
    • Trials: Combine Group Dungeons reason with Craglorn reason.
    Assuming this is relatively easy to implement (it probably isn't), it would be even easier to avoid for those who don't want it with a toggle "Allow Cross-Faction Neutral PvE".
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • nemo284b16_ESO
    nemo284b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    Many threads may have already been made; but I want to make this anyway.

    There is absolutely no good reason why we can't do dungeons cross faction. It would make finding groups MUCH faster, would allow friends and guildies to play with each other much easier, and would be an interesting experience to play with one of your sworn enemies:D

    It would also be nice if craglorn was made cross-faction. Its a group only zone, finding groups for the quests there would likely be much quicker if we could do cross-faction grouping.

    I would love to see this!
    To quote the original Thief game: Join us, join us, join us now!
  • AH93
    AH93
    ✭✭✭
    100% support this suggestion.
    Platform: PS4 - EU
    Name: Leria Ancarion
    Alliance: Aldmeri Dominion
    Race: Altmer
    Class: Sorcerer
    Role: Magicka - Ranged DPS
    Activities: Solo, Crafting, PvE, PvP, Fishing


  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "LOL" about the whole idea. Miss that button now. :)

    Enodoc wrote: »
    It's more lore-friendly than lore-breaking to allow cross-faction. And here are the reasons:
    • Group Dungeons: You are not working for your alliance; you are joining in with a group of like-minded adventurers, who are the Undaunted.
    Yeah, just to potentially kill those people in Cyrodiil 10 minutes afterwards. Lore-"friendly".

    <3<3<3
    Edited by F7sus4 on April 21, 2015 9:05PM
Sign In or Register to comment.