The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Suggestion: ladders, grappling hooks, and siege tower.

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would add the ability to make cavalry charges/knocking down people. Maybe make it stamina based and so maybe people would start putting stam on their horses.

so many BE spammers would rage in the forums. lol
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moved to Feedback & Suggestions
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 from me.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol taking an undefended keep would be even easier then it already is...

1. Sneak entire group over the outter walls
    2. Set up 20 siege on inner flagging the keep in the process.
    3. Capture flags, no need to repair outer...

Regarding keep ninja-ing, I'd like to see ZOS implement some kind of warning system whereby if any hostile player is detected by NPCs at a keep there would be a system message (similar to a scroll message) warning that enemies have been spotted in [keep X].

As you say, it is far too easy currently to capture an undefended keep if there aren't enough people online for someone to be scouting them all. If a keep is flagged with no defenders inside, chances are it WILL flip. I'd like to see this possibility removed or drastically reduced by these warning messages I propose.
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    lol taking an undefended keep would be even easier then it already is...

1. Sneak entire group over the outter walls
    2. Set up 20 siege on inner flagging the keep in the process.
    3. Capture flags, no need to repair outer...

Regarding keep ninja-ing, I'd like to see ZOS implement some kind of warning system whereby if any hostile player is detected by NPCs at a keep there would be a system message (similar to a scroll message) warning that enemies have been spotted in [keep X].

As you say, it is far too easy currently to capture an undefended keep if there aren't enough people online for someone to be scouting them all. If a keep is flagged with no defenders inside, chances are it WILL flip. I'd like to see this possibility removed or drastically reduced by these warning messages I propose.

As I pointed out though, with the climbers debuff it would actually hurt you to climb inside, since you wouldn't count toward a flag tick, can use siege, or run a scroll. It would only be useful for populated keeps with enemies on the outer wall
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thank you to any of those suggestions. Keeps should feel powerful, safe, and significant. Implementing those suggestions would just bring an army of stealthed griefers infiltrating a keep before it becomes a target. It would trivialize the use of all siege weapons for the outer wall, weaken the ability to intelligently defend a keep with smaller numbers, and favor zergs who can spam every wall and use shear numbers without fear of bottlenecking.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vis wrote: »
    No thank you to any of those suggestions. Keeps should feel powerful, safe, and significant. Implementing those suggestions would just bring an army of stealthed griefers infiltrating a keep before it becomes a target. It would trivialize the use of all siege weapons for the outer wall, weaken the ability to intelligently defend a keep with smaller numbers, and favor zergs who can spam every wall and use shear numbers without fear of bottlenecking.

An Increased number of gaurds with the resources, tracking gaurd numbers hovering over a keep, and what should be routine checks by players still make keeps powerful and more coordinated. As for the sheer numbers argument, we see that already in the current system when 20 siege take a wall down in less than a few minutes. this also leads to more diverse tactics and coordination than the typical spam the bottleneck that currently happens. Don't worry, you'll still have turtleneck the inner keep, but you may just see some more interesting tactics than a solo person preventing the front door from being rammed down with 2 oil pots against a group of 10+
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good ideas.