The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Sypher - Dragonknight 1vX PvP + NB Preview

Sypher
Sypher
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I'm sure you guys are tired of these videos (I am too). I can't wait for 1.6 to have a more diversified pvp experience when it comes to optimal class builds.

Until then... Enjoy some footage of my DK and a preview of my next NB 1vX video at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGr-xPppEYo

Thanks for watching.
DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Impressive Sypher! :D And music on top, as always! ^5
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice, I'm waiting relatively impatiently for some greater diversity too. Until then, nicely done as always.
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly skipped all the DK crap and went straight to the NB part.

It was pretty cool, I WANT to comment on your use of the resto staff... but I suck compared to you, so I can't really tell you how to play or anything:)

I have a good feeling about 1.6 as well. Hopefully it sees the end of all these ridiculous perma block shield builds and diversifies the builds players use.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    I have a good feeling about 1.6 as well. Hopefully it sees the end of all these ridiculous perma block shield builds and diversifies the builds players use.

The permablock was not adressed in 1.6, but they still plan to change it eventually:
    Q: Is block casting still going to be possible?

Yeah, block was definitely something we talked about changing, we had a lot of really good ideas for changing it, but there’s so much stuff that went into this it’s something we didn’t have time for. It’s still on our radar and it’s something we plan to address in the future, but we wanted to focus on adding these specific features first.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/2014/12/champion-system-details/
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It was pretty cool, I WANT to comment on your use of the resto staff... but I suck compared to you, so I can't really tell you how to play or anything:)

Oh please tell me, I can always use insight about stuff to improve my gameplay, what is it that you had in mind?
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sypher wrote: »

Oh please tell me, I can always use insight about stuff to improve my gameplay, what is it that you had in mind?
    its a negative comment, I have recently developed a general dislike of resto stave users due to the fact resto staff heavy attacks can no longer be interrupted.

it's ok though. I can make an exception here:) and again you are far better than me, I have no right to pass any kind of negative judgment on you.

If you want me to make a constructive comment, I would advise just sticking with invasion/shield charge for your gap closer. Ambush, despite what countless other NBs may tell you, IS NOT an effective gap closer. Trust me, you will be far better off if you only use it for stealth openers. I don't care what Krim and whatever other NB master may tell you, ambush is not good for pure gap closing. Heck it is almost useless against venom arrow spammers, as it is interruptible.

You use a shield with your NB build. so, for gap closing, you will be better off sticking with shield charge for your gap closer. You will have to use stamina with your magicka build, true, but trust me, you will be better off for it.
    Edited by Cody on December 31, 2014 7:09AM
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

its a negative comment, I have recently developed a general dislike of resto stave users due to the fact resto staff heavy attacks can no longer be interrupted.

it's ok though. I can make an exception here:) and again you are far better than me, I have no right to pass any kind of negative judgment on you.

If you want me to make a constructive comment, I would advise just sticking with invasion/shield charge for your gap closer. Ambush, despite what countless other NBs may tell you, IS NOT an effective gap closer. Trust me, you will be far better off if you only use it for stealth openers. I don't care what Krim and whatever other NB master may tell you, ambush is not good for pure gap closing. Heck it is almost useless against venom arrow spammers, as it is interruptible.

You use a shield with your NB build. so, for gap closing, you will be better off sticking with shield charge for your gap closer. You will have to use stamina with your magicka build, true, but trust me, you will be better off for it.

Ah yes, I am very annoyed by the fact that you can't bash heavy attacks. Even though I still do resto-heavies, I try my best not to do it right in peoples faces and make a gap before doing it as if they could still bash it.

As for the gap closer. Ambush imo is more versatile as it helps me gap up and down as opposed to the straight line invasion has. Also, while rooted I can still use ambush, while invasion can't be used while rooted (this is really helpful against talon spam). The last reason I believe it's better is the 36% increased damage on your next attack. This is crucial to increase burst DPS and a Ambush+Soul Harvest combos is insanely deadly. I do see as to how it's not reliable at times, you make valid points. I just prefer it for my play style.

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sypher what sets do you use on your Nightblade by the way?
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As far i can see you don´t got a siphon ability on your mainbar, so you don´t got the 8% Magicka Boost.
    Well you basicly run the same skills like me, but i changed VoB with Soul Tether.
    I run Cripple, Incapacitating Strike on my second bar and Soul tether on my first bar, its fine.
    Anyway you´re already on the softcap, if you don´t want to swap bars for incapacitating strike or if you need vob, its ok too.

Nice animation cancel btw, looks good :)
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    As far i can see you don´t got a siphon ability on your mainbar, so you don´t got the 8% Magicka Boost.
    Well you basicly run the same skills like me, but i changed VoB with Soul Tether.
    I run Cripple, Incapacitating Strike on my second bar and Soul tether on my first bar, its fine.
    Anyway you´re already on the softcap, if you don´t want to swap bars for incapacitating strike or if you need vob, its ok too.

Thanks! I'm still iffy about my NB bar set ups. So I'm going back and forth with things. I think having soul tether on the first bar is a better idea. Thanks for your input!

• Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks! I'm still iffy about my NB bar set ups. So I'm going back and forth with things. I think having soul tether on the first bar is a better idea. Thanks for your input!

The ulti i use the most is always on my bar i use the most. But when i hop on my NB its hard to decide which to go with. Since most of the killing happens on bar 1 I usually ran with incapacitating strike on it and soul tether on my second bar which was resto.

Playing NB is nothing like being on my Sorc or DK, and because of it my NBs bars are totally different than how my sorc and DK are because NB's have to rely on swapping bars more than other classes and if you cant swap bars its game over.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sypher what sets do you use on your Nightblade by the way?

Pretty standard stuff, x5 seducer x5 warlock x2 torugs. 2 Spell damage on the rings, 1 stam regen on my necklace.

The ulti i use the most is always on my bar i use the most. But when i hop on my NB its hard to decide which to go with. Since most of the killing happens on bar 1 I usually ran with incapacitating strike on it and soul tether on my second bar which was resto.

Playing NB is nothing like being on my Sorc or DK, and because of it my NBs bars are totally different than how my sorc and DK are because NB's have to rely on swapping bars more than other classes and if you cant swap bars its game over.

Yeah, so many swaps. But it's definitely a fun class to play.

Oh and speaking of animation cancelling. I think I might have pulled off the most flawless animation cancel for this NB ever...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ADelziHVQM
    Edited by Sypher on December 31, 2014 7:04PM

• frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Talking about alot of weapon swapping, do you or anyone have any idea if you can still hold block while swapping your weapon? I have this feeling that I get cc'd alot because people use stuns anytime I weapon swap, which I do alot obviously as a DK.
    Edited by frozywozy on January 1, 2015 12:41AM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »

Talking about alot of weapon swapping, do you or anyone have any idea if you can still hold block while swapping your weapon? I have this feeling that I get cc'd alot because people use stuns anytime I weapon swap, which I do alot obviously as a DK.

There is a small opening on your block while weapon swapping for you to get knocked down.

• Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oh and speaking of animation cancelling. I think I might have pulled off the most flawless animation cancel for this NB ever...

Ambush, Ult, Bash, looks so epic :)

Btw try the second skill in S&B for Duels, it stack with Shadow Image.
    As non-vamp i reduce the dmg by DK whips to nearly 230 as example.
    Its compareable to Mutagen, but i like the extra slow and the possibility to hit 3 Enemys at the same time with the S&B Skill.

If you reduce the enemy standard spamskill with a dmg of ~500-550 you´re at around 80 DMG reduction, on 3 Enemys its already 240. (if they attack you all the time)
    Mutagen/Rapid Reg heals every 1,x Seconds for ~90-110 (depends on Weapondmg) so i think its worth it ;)
    Well it depends on the actual situation but to see ~400 Dmg Shards is actually rly funny.

Edited by Soulac on January 1, 2015 1:33AM
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ambush, Ult, Bash, looks so epic :)

Its compareable to Mutagen, but i like the extra slow and the possibility to hit 3 Enemys at the same time with the S&B Skill.

If you reduce the enemy standard spamskill with a dmg of ~500-550 you´re at around 80 DMG reduction, on 3 Enemys its already 240. (if they attack you all the time)
    Mutagen/Rapid Reg heals every 1,x Seconds for ~90-110 (depends on Weapondmg) so i think its worth it ;)
    Well it depends on the actual situation but to see ~400 Dmg Shards is actually rly funny.

Ah yes, I do use the skill in duels on my DK and NB, or defensive posture. I really like it.

• AltusVenifus
    AltusVenifus
    ✭✭✭
    Where do you find these guys that don't instantly break your fear... hilarious that you found 3 in a row...
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does low slash special effect (damage reduction) get applied even if the target blocks the attack? Because the old crippling slash did not root target when blocked, not does blood craze from DW add any bleed when blocked...
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

Does low slash special effect (damage reduction) get applied even if the target blocks the attack? Because the old crippling slash did not root target when blocked, not does blood craze from DW add any bleed when blocked...

It still applies the damage reduction.

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Where do you find these guys that don't instantly break your fear... hilarious that you found 3 in a row...

a lot of people use magicka builds nowadays; they don't have the stamina to break CCs.

course, there are some that do have the stamina for it; those are the ones to look out for.
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Either they ran out of stamina chasing me / getting feared / shade .. Or they are just 'slow'