Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Broken patch!!!!

Silica.Kun
Hi all, so to make this short... whenever I hit play my game crashed, I redownloaded the game using the disks, it installed. Then it started updating an 11000mb patch...ridiculous! I repaired (never completed) 4 times, turned my computer off, went to sleep. Woke up, opened launcher, now its doing some weird patch thing where it starts at 90mb remaining, downloads it, 1%, then 100mb remaining, downloads it, 2% and all this stuff. CAN I JUST PLAY THE GAME ZENIMAX??? Any fix?? Thank you.
Yours truly, Kea'ra
Female-Proud DC Member
  • kimboh
    kimboh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by kimboh on December 30, 2014 11:55PM
    <l Cygnus X|VR14|Sorc l>
    <| Romulus Prime|VR12|Temp |>
    <| Qwoptus |lvl30|DK|>
    <| DC|EU |>
  • Silica.Kun
    @kimboh , support in so useless, takes forever for a response...
    Yours truly, Kea'ra
    Female-Proud DC Member
  • Silica.Kun
    kimboh wrote: »

Devs say "We will fix bugs"...give us a 12gb patch
    Yours truly, Kea'ra
    Female-Proud DC Member
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We recommend running the repair option and letting it finish before closing down the client, as interrupting a repair can cause further damage to your game files.

Please note that after a fresh install or some time away from the game, your patcher may have to run through several updates before ESO is ready to be played. This might look like the game is redownloading but, again, we encourage you to leave the patcher sit and let it continue working.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Silica.Kun
    Ok. First off, the repair takes forever, restarts when I turn it off or even close the launcher, webgetrequest error, wants to repair LONG and several updates=11gb? Hmmmm
    Yours truly, Kea'ra
    Female-Proud DC Member
  • Silica.Kun
    It currently is doing that weird thing, and is at 47%
    Yours truly, Kea'ra
    Female-Proud DC Member
  • Silica.Kun
    @ZOS_TristanK‌ , It now is at 53% and is now wanting to do 6k mb.... :wink: This will take forever!
    Yours truly, Kea'ra
    Female-Proud DC Member
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭
    The repair function reminds me of my first experiences with the windows disk defragmentator.

I rather format and reinstall the OS than running that evil wicked damn utility any day of the week.

Jeeeezzz, how much I hated you, disk defragmentator!!
  • xaade
    xaade
    ✭✭✭
    11 mins for 6% isn't that bad.
    You're looking at 3 hours.
    Not a long time for an MMO.
    MMOs are massive disk space.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO uses a ton of disk space and one of those patches you are downloading is all new audio files. That patch is huge.

It also sounds like maybe your connection to the patch download website is being interrupted.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Silica.Kun
    @lordrichter , so Im to leave my computer on for 10-50 hours straight? Hmmm...mmo's are not what they used to be. WorldOfWarcraft you can play while downloading instantly, SWTOR you can play after small main download, TESO you have to go through about like 2 weeks to a month just to play the actual game!
    Edited by Silica.Kun on December 31, 2014 1:52PM
    Yours truly, Kea'ra
    Female-Proud DC Member
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO does not have a "play while downloading" option. I think that this is because they do local work to make things faster and that would be disrupted by having downloads running while you play.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Silica.Kun
    @lordrichter I know but with the ammount of $ ZOS makes, they should create a better non-crappy launcher.
    Yours truly, Kea'ra
    Female-Proud DC Member
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah there are some huge patches to download for sure and since something has gone wack with their ability to feed the files quickly like they use to, it takes forever. Something happened 1 1/2 months ago and tons of folks are complaining about the slow speeds. There is a lot of installing that goes on between the patches so that knocks out any chance to play while installing. :( Just wish they would figure out what the problem is with the speeds and fix it. I can download the entire game in minutes but a small five gig patch takes seven hours for me to get with a 1Gbps/1Gbps fiber connection that is clean from my house to their servers. Level3 can't find any issues from my system to theirs as to why all of the sudden my download speeds are 6kb/s now.
  • Silica.Kun
    @Seravi , I totally agree!
    Yours truly, Kea'ra
    Female-Proud DC Member