Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My internet works fine but I cannot connect to the game or my account...

Kildayen
Kildayen
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello, support team! I am beyond frustrated right now and I really hope someone here can help me.

I have been playing this game since beta and I have not experienced this problem until last night. I play on a PC that is more than capable to handle anything this game throws at it. I have not changed anything or downloaded/updated any add-ons. I experienced this problem yesterday for the first time.

Last night I was playing and the game stopped responding to me. I finally crashed to desktop without any error notice. I thought I was lagging out, but that was not the full story. I got an error that the server was down for maintenance, yet it was not. I was still speaking to my guild in teamspeak and none of them were booted. I tried starting from the patcher several times and it would not connect. I kept getting the same error. After about 15 minutes everything went back to normal and I was able to log on again.

It just happened again tonight. I was playing the game all day and did not have any issue. Then right as my guild was zoning into Sanctum, the fun started. I was wondering why everyone was just standing there and I then realized that I was experiencing this bug again. This time I was not able to fix it though. I read online that others were having this issue and I tried deleting my patcher as per instructed for a fix. The problem I am having now is I cannot connect to my account page. It keeps timing out. I am able to read the forums here and log into them and post, but nothing else. I cannot connect to my account. I cannot download the patcher again. I tried starting the game directly from the ESO.exe and when I attempted to log in I got the same error. Everything else works for me. I can log onto websites but nothing when it comes to this game. I also tried logging into the game from my Mac, and I got the same problems.

It seems as though something is blocking me from your servers. I don't know what else to do. I reset my modem, powered everything down, and even ran outside and did a rain dance, yet nothing will fix this.

Please help me before I start punching puppies or throwing knives at my cat.

Please <3

Thanks.
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahhh, this exactly! :( Same issue here, please help us! ::cries::

Been happening to me since Christmas Eve night!
    ->--Willow--<-
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P. S. This has been happening to me for four days now. I'm currently at the point of apologizing to the puppies and figuring out how to dispose of my cat. :P LOL!
    ->--Willow--<-
  • Kildayen
    Kildayen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Livvy wrote: »
    P. S. This has been happening to me for four days now. I'm currently at the point of apologizing to the puppies and figuring out how to dispose of my cat. :P LOL!

LOL!

Have you ever called a store to check if something is in stock and they put you on hold before you even get to ask them... and you are on hold for 20 minutes... 30 minutes... and then someone picks up and hangs up on you for no reason at all? If you have had that happen to you and you have experienced the anger that comes with an experience like that, you might know how I feel right now.

This is pissing me off beyond belief. Especially because I have no damn clue why it is happening or what to do to fix it. This was raid night for me, and I am sitting here in lala land doing nothing because of this bug.

PLEASE.FIX.THIS.

Thanks.
  • Kildayen
    Kildayen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS: While you are at it, can I please get you to change my username here to my in-game name? Part of my surname is being displayed, and I do not appreciate that invasion of my privacy. I would like my forum user name to change to Kildayen (my in game name) ASAP.
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL!

Have you ever called a store to check if something is in stock and they put you on hold before you even get to ask them... and you are on hold for 20 minutes... 30 minutes... and then someone picks up and hangs up on you for no reason at all? If you have had that happen to you and you have experienced the anger that comes with an experience like that, you might know how I feel right now.

LOL... And when the first person picks up before they put you on hold and says "Store name, do you mind holding for a moment?" and you're about to give your reply and the hold music is already blasting in your face...

OMG please help us.

Edited by Livvy on December 29, 2014 4:29AM
    ->--Willow--<-
  • C3N50R3D
    C3N50R3D
    ✭✭✭
    Try opening an admin command window and typing
    ipconfig /flushdns

Verify that you can connect to your account through a browser without the game running on your main PC or another one to make sure your account is not locked.

Start control panel -> windows firewall and delete ESO.exe and the launcher exe and restart the launcher and click yes when it asks to allow through the firewall.

Run the game consultant in the launcher directory and check the report for errors like no response to server pings.
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C3N50R3D wrote: »
    ipconfig /flushdns

Verify that you can connect to your account through a browser without the game running on your main PC or another one to make sure your account is not locked.

Start control panel -> windows firewall and delete ESO.exe and the launcher exe and restart the launcher and click yes when it asks to allow through the firewall.

Run the game consultant in the launcher directory and check the report for errors like no response to server pings.

Wow...thank you for this!

I just went through all of these steps and can now log in to the game, and access my account page! Thank you thank you thank you!

I do have one question though about the game consultant I ran. I noticed this in the ping results:

Pinging launcher.bethesda.net with 32 bytes of data:
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

However, I am able to start the launcher and log in. Is there still something wrong that needs to be fixed? Will this keep happening?

Thank you so much again for all of the help!
    Edited by Livvy on December 29, 2014 5:13AM
    ->--Willow--<-
  • C3N50R3D
    C3N50R3D
    ✭✭✭
    I remember one of them times out. I think it is an alternate server. I will have to check my logs to verify. Glad you are up and running now. :smile:
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember one of them times out. I think it is an alternate server. I will have to check my logs to verify. Glad you are up and running now. :smile:

Yay, that would be great news! Thank you so much again! :D

->--Willow--<-
  • stevenbennett_ESO
    stevenbennett_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I had this same problem last night connecting to the Wifi at my mom's house (where I'm staying for the holidays). I'd been able to connect to her Wifi and use ESO just fine before Christmas. We thought perhaps it might be one of the devices we recently added to her network after Christmas (a Chromecast, Epson Wifi Printer, and a Mac Mini), but powering them off didn't fix it. As an experiment, I switched my Wifi from her Wifi router, to the Xfinitywifi access point (which is actually running from her same cable modem, I believe…) and it worked just fine. (I'm running on a 2013 Macbook Pro 15" running Mac OS X 10.8.5, BTW...)

I found that particularly strange behavior to start happening just then. Either something has changed on the ESO connection side in the last week, or Comcast/Xfinity has suddenly changed something to provide different access through it's Wifi hotspots and it's cable connections.

If it continues tonight, I may try some of the suggestions above to see if I can figure out more about it.
  • C3N50R3D
    C3N50R3D
    ✭✭✭
    Might be related to the lawsuit. http://slashdot.org/story/210875
    Google how to turn public sharing off.
  • Chrisdredd18
    Chrisdredd18
    Soul Shriven
    ipconfig /flushdns

So, I did all of this and I'm still unable to log into the game. It's been happening for about a day now. It's annoying me to the point where I'm just about to unsub because this is simply unacceptable. Prior to yesterday, I was able to do everything perfectly fine(Though there were some in-game glitches that should have never made it out of the beta, I was still at least able to log in). Any advice for people who this didn't work for?
  • blaforest666ub17_ESO
    blaforest666ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue here. It's definitely not my firewall, as I have done everything one can possibly do with a firewall that would fix most issues. Not the router, as every other online game I've tried playing has worked. Not my internet, as everything is running fine. Not the PC, as it still runs all my high end games. Running out of options. Tried re-installing. Tried deleting the launcher and re-installing. Tried repairing the launcher. When I do manage to get passed the launcher, and to the log in screen, I can't log in. And everytime I try, the log in error number is a different code. 201, 315, 108, 202. How could so many problems centering me as the problem change around like that on a game that's worked absolutely fine the passed 10 months? Just started having these problems 3 days ago.

I'm hoping ZOS can provide some insight. I'm not raging, nor am I going to quit playing, I'd just like an informative response as to why both myself and as it seems others, both new and veteran players, are having these issues all of a sudden, and if we can expect a fix. We are paying for game time here after all.
    Edited by blaforest666ub17_ESO on December 29, 2014 11:56PM
  • stonehelm66
    stonehelm66
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the same problem as blaforest666 above me. Absolutely nothing is working for me. I am getting all different kinds of error codes also. 201, 108, 315, 202....
  • Chrisdredd18
    Chrisdredd18
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue here. It's definitely not my firewall, as I have done everything one can possibly do with a firewall that would fix most issues. Not the router, as every other online game I've tried playing has worked. Not my internet, as everything is running fine. Not the PC, as it still runs all my high end games. Running out of options. Tried re-installing. Tried deleting the launcher and re-installing. Tried repairing the launcher. When I do manage to get passed the launcher, and to the log in screen, I can't log in. And everytime I try, the log in error number is a different code. 201, 315, 108, 202. How could so many problems centering me as the problem change around like that on a game that's worked absolutely fine the passed 10 months? Just started having these problems 3 days ago.

I'm hoping ZOS can provide some insight. I'm not raging, nor am I going to quit playing, I'd just like an informative response as to why both myself and as it seems others, both new and veteran players, are having these issues all of a sudden, and if we can expect a fix. We are paying for game time here after all.
    Yeah, I'm getting a plethora of error codes as well, which I wasn't getting until last night. I don't like to pull out the "I'm going to quit" card but it's honestly on the horizon. I played in the beta and I decided to wait a while before trying it again. I literally just bought the CE 9 days ago and have been playing, and enjoying my time, quite a bit since but these issues are just annoying me to no end. I quit WoW because the developers were out of touch with the community, I quit EvE for the same reason. I will quit this game if the staff for this game can't at least tell us what is going on. I saw no Twitter posts about it, I saw no "News" posts about it and I've seen no posts on the forums about it. I'm sorry, I find that a tad ridiculous.
  • C3N50R3D
    C3N50R3D
    ✭✭✭
    315? Error codes possible solutions here. http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/61678/login-error-codes-their-meaning-and-solutions#latest
    Any errors in the game consultant log?
  • blaforest666ub17_ESO
    blaforest666ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    It said 315 but apparently that's the same as 301, which is the ports on the router. I just opened the ports it recommended and still nothing. I'm gonna give it some time now and see if anything happens later on. Right now, I've been getting the same error the passed 3 times. Error 301.
    Edited by blaforest666ub17_ESO on December 30, 2014 1:24AM
  • gunplummer
    gunplummer
    ✭✭✭
    Might be related to the lawsuit. http://slashdot.org/story/210875

That's just so....Wrong!

What the heck is wrong with these companies?

• blaforest666ub17_ESO
    blaforest666ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Another update, onto error 108 and 201 again. Everytime i solve one error, I get 2 more. Then when I solve those, it's back to the first, and it keeps recycling like that. I've come to the conclusion this is a ZOS thing and I trust that they will fix it soon.
  • KaneK899ub17_ESO
    Another one with the same issue as OP. Everything in Cyrodil froze last night except me - I could still move, then I crashed a minute later. After that, nothing but error codes. I went to bed after the errors last night and only tried troubleshooting today after work.

Previously this was caused by a downed service in Singapore or Germany. Here's to hoping it's something ZOS can fix. I am getting dropped packets on hops 11-13, though.
  • C3N50R3D
    C3N50R3D
    ✭✭✭
    Did you try bypassing your router? Which outbound and inbound ports did you open?
  • KaneK899ub17_ESO
    TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
    TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507
    TCP / UDP Ports 24300 through 24331
  • C3N50R3D
    C3N50R3D
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah. That's what I see in Wireshark. Did you run Wireshark or just run a trace?
    Edited by C3N50R3D on December 30, 2014 2:06AM
  • KaneK899ub17_ESO
    Reinstalling ATM. Will give it a go when that finishes.
  • C3N50R3D
    C3N50R3D
    ✭✭✭
    Try a VPN to a proxy server close to Zeni servers and see if that makes any difference. Should help with those mid hops.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one ever answers this, but I will ask anyway... besides Comcast, what ISP are you people using?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I'm a little skeptical of if what I did will keep my problem at bay... I had multiple patch manifest errors again today and can't connect to lobby errors. However, neither of them prevented me from logging in immediately after the error. So not a big deal....at the moment I guess. At least I'm in much better shape than I was last night, and can log in to my account page.

Still concerns me that things aren't really fixed though. :(

Edited to add I'm using comcast as my service provider, to answer the question above. But I'm not using a comcast router. All tests of internet come back perfect. I feel like this seems to be a Zenimax/ESO issue they need to fix. I've been playing the game just fine since February...then Christmas Eve came along and it's been a mess ever since.
    Edited by Livvy on December 30, 2014 7:03AM
    ->--Willow--<-
  • C3N50R3D
    C3N50R3D
    ✭✭✭
    Zeni has a lot of issues they need to fix instead of adding more content especially the stuttering. :smile:
  • KaneK899ub17_ESO
    Now I'm a little skeptical of if what I did will keep my problem at bay... I had multiple patch manifest errors again today and can't connect to lobby errors. However, neither of them prevented me from logging in immediately after the error. So not a big deal....at the moment I guess. At least I'm in much better shape than I was last night, and can log in to my account page.

Still concerns me that things aren't really fixed though. :(

Edited to add I'm using comcast as my service provider, to answer the question above. But I'm not using a comcast router. All tests of internet come back perfect. I feel like this seems to be a Zenimax/ESO issue they need to fix. I've been playing the game just fine since February...then Christmas Eve came along and it's been a mess ever since.

You can feel that way all you want, it's a Comcast routing issue. You may not use their router (why would you, they give you a modem, not a router), but they still direct your traffic. ESO is now fine for me, too and I also have Comcast. Pretty sure it was a routing problem and nothing ZOS could have done about it. Makes sense given the dropped packets on my traceroutes.
    Edited by KaneK899ub17_ESO on December 30, 2014 1:10PM
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may not use their router (why would you, they give you a modem, not a router), but they still direct your traffic.

Actually, Comcast does supply a router. Here's a picture of it. :)http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/setup-a-wireless-network

I have Comcast’s Triple Play which includes TV, Internet and two phone lines.

The Technicolor single device they use to do all these functions includes:
    Modem
    Wired Router
    WiFi Router
    Two Phone connections

Since I could not disable the WiFi and wanted to use my own WiFi, I rejected this box and instead use a Comcast supplied uBee DOCSIS 3 modem, a TP-Link 8 port router, and a separate TP-Link wireless access point.

Hence my saying I did not have a router that Comcast supplied. Sure, it may not matter one way or the other in regard to this issue. But they do indeed supply routers...
    ->--Willow--<-