Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®4: NA megaserver for maintenance – May 24, 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC) – 3:00PM EDT (19:00 UTC)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/475853/
Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 28, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)

Help a newbie out?

MadSuperHero
MadSuperHero
Soul Shriven
Hey! As you can probably tell, I'm new to ESO. Now, I'm not new to the elder scrolls or anything like that,but I have never played an MMORPG before. Could someone link a guide or something like that to how MMO's work. For example how does PvP work. When I first started the game up, the first thing I have done is run at players and try to bash them with a sword. It was only 20 minutes later that I figured out that I couldn't kill players when someone said "look at this f*ck head trying to kill me" It would be much appreciated. Thank you
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PVP is only possible in Cyrodiil (zone in the center of the map), which you can access at level 10. All the other zones are PVE-only, which means that you can't attack other players.

Try to do a few quests until you understand your class and weapon skills well enough and then you can jump into PVP.
    Wololo.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello and welcome. Here is a small bit of material I put together that might help new players, and it includes info on PvP. Hope it helps.
    Fifth anniversary year for ESO - share your best memories! :-)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"Light and darkness?

"Whose light? The muted, sterile glow of Coldharbor? The ominous, deep shades pulsing like menacing glares in the depths of the Ashpit? The jarring kaleidoscope of the Shivering Isles?

"Whose darkness? The shade cast by Mara's robes as she watches over her children? The cloak of Stendarr covering those in dire peril? The occult pathways of Arkay? Light and darkness, indeed."
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always /playdead when people accidentally attack me. :p
    I would wait until level 15 with any serious involvement in Cyrodiil, that's when you get weapon swap. Very useful.