The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Help a newbie out?

MadSuperHero
MadSuperHero
Soul Shriven
Hey! As you can probably tell, I'm new to ESO. Now, I'm not new to the elder scrolls or anything like that,but I have never played an MMORPG before. Could someone link a guide or something like that to how MMO's work. For example how does PvP work. When I first started the game up, the first thing I have done is run at players and try to bash them with a sword. It was only 20 minutes later that I figured out that I couldn't kill players when someone said "look at this f*ck head trying to kill me" It would be much appreciated. Thank you
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PVP is only possible in Cyrodiil (zone in the center of the map), which you can access at level 10. All the other zones are PVE-only, which means that you can't attack other players.

Try to do a few quests until you understand your class and weapon skills well enough and then you can jump into PVP.
    Wololo.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello and welcome. Here is a small bit of material I put together that might help new players, and it includes info on PvP. Hope it helps.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always /playdead when people accidentally attack me. :p
    I would wait until level 15 with any serious involvement in Cyrodiil, that's when you get weapon swap. Very useful.