The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Enchanting really sucks!

• SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel some relief that I got the final hireling skill unlocked though at level 32. If you shop around, you can find a few good deals. My recent purchase was about 400g each for about 10 blue V9 glyphs, and 500g for a few blue V14 glyphs. The level is much more important than the quality, but the most important is that they are custom made. After gaining the XP, I was able to make about half my money back selling the deconstructed stones. That's the main reason quality can be important depending one the price they ask, will you make any money back after you deconstruct.
    Edited by SFBryan18 on January 12, 2015 10:57AM
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SFBryan18 wrote: »
    I am now at level 32 after painfully spending a lot of gold on custom high level glyphs to deconstruct. It might be easier now, but it is still very expensive.

It is either very expensive in term of time, or it will be in terms of gold. It isn't possible to level Enchanting without paying one way or the other.
    Edited by Iluvrien on January 12, 2015 1:08PM
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel some relief that I got the final hireling skill unlocked though at level 32. If you shop around, you can find a few good deals. My recent purchase was about 400g each for about 10 blue V9 glyphs, and 500g for a few blue V14 glyphs. The level is much more important than the quality, but the most important is that they are custom made. After gaining the XP, I was able to make about half my money back selling the deconstructed stones. That's the main reason quality can be important depending one the price they ask, will you make any money back after you deconstruct.

The problem with that is it's statistically inconsistant, you might get twenty in a row that give you nothing back, or twenty in a row that give almost everything back.

I get what you are saying and the reasons why it is that way, but unless you are deconstructing in the hundreds the ratios are too random to be relying on mats back.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem with that is it's statistically inconsistant, you might get twenty in a row that give you nothing back, or twenty in a row that give almost everything back.

I get what you are saying and the reasons why it is that way, but unless you are deconstructing in the hundreds the ratios are too random to be relying on mats back.

Helps to have the skill points for extracting better materials.
  • Kcttocs
    Kcttocs
    ✭✭✭
    I had a few VR level toons that I would bank some of the glyphs I picked up as loot to decon on my low level enchanter and that helped me stay above my level crafting wise. Lot of sound advice above... it's not too hard, or at least I didn't think it was but then I have only recently maxed out my enchanting. Now I am just having a hard time finding mats as I have used most of it enchanting my armor every 3 levels at Vet rank, but now that my 4 toons are vr14, it shouldn't be long.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I do, all three in enchanting, it helps but it's so unreliable even with the extraction maxed out that I felt obliged to raise the point.

I put the extraction points in all the crafts (except provisioning and alchemy) because it not only gives better results in Deconstruction/Refinement, but also in what you get from the hireling.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do, all three in enchanting, it helps but it's so unreliable even with the extraction maxed out that I felt obliged to raise the point.

I put the extraction points in all the crafts (except provisioning and alchemy) because it not only gives better results in Deconstruction/Refinement, but also in what you get from the hireling.

Kind of funny how the game randomly spits money at us. Yesterday, I got wax from only one refinement of rawhide. I felt like I hit a jackpot.
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Islyn wrote: »
    You need to give someone rekutas/denatas and like at least lvl 7 potencies and some trash essence to make glyphs for you to decon. I am AD NA master enchanter and will help. See me at @Islyn in game. :-)

Thank you for helping me get to level 25 in just a couple hours, you rock! I am now level 46 and should max soon.

IMHO, I have found The Noore guild store in Malabor Tor has the cheapest runes.
    Edited by GlassHalfFull on January 12, 2015 5:01PM
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The enchanting writs help a lot, as long as you've got the right level potency runes. It's some bonus inspiration from the writ itself on top of whatever else you're doing for inspiration (by which I mean it won't replace the need to decon a bunch of glyphs - it just supplements that), and you get a green glyph of the highest level you can craft out of it (so you can decon that), as well as some gold and the possibility of a survey to grab some quick runes.

I finally got to level 50 the other day, and I'd say that the writs definitely helped with that.

Also there's the fact that I was trading green, blue, and purple glyphs back and forth with an alt that is my secondary enchanter (I believe my secondary is at about level 35, and I leveled a 3rd alt to about 20-25 in enchanting so that the hirelings could bring halfway decent potency runes), while grabbing every single rune I see while playing to keep this going, and deconning every single glyph that drops for me.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am now at level 32 after painfully spending a lot of gold on custom high level glyphs to deconstruct. It might be easier now, but it is still very expensive.

Farm Dungeons and Delves with Undead and Daedra. They drop glyphs by the ton. Public Dungeons are even better, like Sanguine's Demesne. That is how I leveled my Enchanter from about 22 to 50 in a short period of time. Sure I would get a nice boost from making a Kuta Glyph or a Rekuta Glyph or learning a new Essence or Potency, but all the levels came from deconning. You only have to get to like 40 IIRC, to get the max potency level.

Just note, with Public Dungeon Undead Farming, you will have all the potency runes you need, along with Essences and Ta's.

Edited by Nestor on January 12, 2015 10:37PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Kind of funny how the game randomly spits money at us. Yesterday, I got wax from only one refinement of rawhide. I felt like I hit a jackpot.

Yeah, I get that fairly regularly, and I'm building up a nice little reservoir of Grain Solvent, but enchanting is utterly random with me. But it's different for everybody I guess.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule