The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Tacos in ESO

Darkonflare15
Darkonflare15
✭✭✭✭✭
new-recipes.jpg

Did not know there putting Tacos in Eso. Now I am super excited for Tacos.
Who is excited for them like I am?
Edited by Darkonflare15 on December 29, 2014 7:20PM
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope the ArchMage banishes tacos from Tamriel.

lawrence-schick.jpg
    Edited by kewl on December 23, 2014 8:53PM
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ya I don't see this as lore friendly.

Not a big deal but I'm surprised this made it past Schick.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmm tacos :heart:
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the tacos are from Riverhold, which is a city in Elsweyr. It may not be far off lore-wise because River hold is in the dessert region of Elsweyr. Plus I always thought Khajit had a Spanish accent. I also like that is says ultimate tacos for the purple recipe. I like that more than consummate.
    Edited by Darkonflare15 on December 21, 2014 5:10AM
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    I wish ZOS would leave this kind of stuff out of the game. But oh well I will just totally ignore them, hopefully they do not go back on their promise to leave all existing recipes from the game and replace them with the likes of this.
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fishy stick tacos for everyone!!
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

SOMEONE FIND A PICTURE OF A KHAJIIT WEARING A SOMBRERO IMMEDIATELY!
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭

SOMEONE FIND A PICTURE OF A KHAJIIT WEARING A SOMBRERO IMMEDIATELY!

cute-animals-in-sombreros-005.jpg
  • Layenem
    Layenem
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Darkonflare15‌

YES HAHAHAHAHA
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TACOS

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM

I will level up my provisioning just for the sake of making tacos. I will make a guild called Taco Bell, and sell tacos to the citizens of tamriel!!

Ok, i am not going to actually do any of that, but, tacos!:D
    Edited by Cody on December 30, 2014 5:49AM
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    They added these Taco recipes to the game so Taco Tuesdays would be better for role players.
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they just change the name to corn rolls or something a little less real world culturally specific. First it starts with tacos then before you know it we will be having Imperial bacon and mammoth cheese burgers.

Closer observation: The beef tacos contains not beef but 'red meat'. Meaning probably venison, mutton, pork, bear meat etc are now all just 'red meat'. Could also be a realistic refection that a taco can contain anything that can vaguely be classsifed as 'red meat'.

Also why the jiggins does the boiled creme treat have pumpkin in it? Double jiggins radish too?!
    Edited by SantieClaws on December 30, 2014 9:01AM
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as I get a goat cheese and apple salad made with organic kale, I'll be happy. Maybe poppy seed dressing as well.
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    TACOS

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM

I will level up my provisioning just for the sake of making tacos. I will make a guild called Taco Bell, and sell tacos to the citizens of tamriel!!

Ok, i am not going to actually do any of that, but, tacos!:D

You should though. It's a franchise just waiting to happen. Tamriel is a totally untapped market for fast food chains.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imperial bacon and mammoth cheese burgers.

And now I'm hungry...
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Could also be a realistic refection that a taco can contain anything that can vaguely be classsifed as 'red meat'.

Chicken Tacos are not done then?
    Also why the jiggins does the boiled creme treat have pumpkin in it? Double jiggins radish too?!

I have no problem with the Pumpkin, since it can be quite sweet, especially if cut up small and caramelised, but Radishes are odd.

Really though it should be variations on milk, eggs and moonsugar. (Creme is french for patisserie custard, which is milk egg and sugar).
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kewl wrote: »
    I hope the ArchMage banishes tacos from Tamriel.

lawrence-schick.jpg

Yah know.. @ZoS_LawrenceSchick does not bring up a name.. wonder if he retired...
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They bumped off the loremaster? We are all dooomed. Ok that's it. ESO is certainly going F2P now.

The tacos were the sign all along .....
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they can have quiche without France, why not tacos without Mexico? ;)
  • Emencie
    Emencie
    ✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    If they can have quiche without France, why not tacos without Mexico? ;)
    I was thinking the same thing. Corn based flat bread with some sort of meat based filling, folded in half. I mean, don't tacos predate Europeans in the Americas?

Seems like a suitable low technological food for high fantasy to me. Certainly not anymore or less lore breaking than...
    • Roast Pork
    • Spiced Wine
    • Quiche
    • Omelets
    • Liverwurst
    • Grilled Venison
    • Crab Cakes
    and of course...
    • Fish sticks.
    Edited by Emencie on December 31, 2014 6:19PM
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emencie wrote: »
    and of course...
    • Fish sticks.

Made with real crab meat, no fish included.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they just change the name to corn rolls or something a little less real world culturally specific. First it starts with tacos then before you know it we will be having Imperial bacon and mammoth cheese burgers.

Closer observation: The beef tacos contains not beef but 'red meat'. Meaning probably venison, mutton, pork, bear meat etc are now all just 'red meat'. Could also be a realistic refection that a taco can contain anything that can vaguely be classsifed as 'red meat'.

af42bfcd3410e8cbc36f94ee464f65f4.jpg

Here is the boiled creme treat from skyrim. It kind of look look like it has pumpkin in it. As for the radish, it could be a place holder or could be that the person who made the recipe like a little style in their sweets.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Emencie wrote: »
    • Fish sticks.

Called Fish Fingers in UK, It causes me a moment of What The...? every time I see it.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    Yah know.. @ZoS_LawrenceSchick does not bring up a name.. wonder if he retired...

He's employed by Bethesda Softworks not Zenimax Online Studios. He works with ZOS's writers and approves naming.

I don't think Shick has seen the tacos recipe yet. But once he does, I suspect this spell will be cast.

saSvyHo.jpg
    Edited by kewl on January 3, 2015 11:09AM
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kewl wrote: »
    Darlgon wrote: »

He's employed by Bethesda Softworks not Zenimax Online Studios. He works with ZOS's writers and approves naming.

I don't think Shick has seen the tacos recipe yet. But once he does, I suspect this spell will be cast.

saSvyHo.jpg
    No, the spell will not be effective. We need the enchant so we can expel tacos with our blade. It will be less messy that way.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why is everyone freaking out about tacos, but ignoring risotto? Italy is more acceptable than Mexico?
    Edited by Rosveen on January 6, 2015 7:15PM
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am more intrigued by the inclusion of Riverhold in the recipe name than I am by it being a recipe for tacos.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Why is everyone freaking out about tacos, but ignoring risotto? Italy is more acceptable than Mexico?

Multiple countres did Risotto themes, Paella in Spain for example.
    Edit ~ yes I know they aren't exactly the same, but similar enough that any world with rice would have done something along those lines. Similarly quite a few countries have their own variations of Pasty.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on January 7, 2015 10:38AM
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Edit ~ yes I know they aren't exactly the same, but similar enough that any world with rice would have done something along those lines. Similarly quite a few countries have their own variations of Pasty.
    I was thinking about the name more than the dish. Any culture could invent it, but only one culture called it risotto - before others languages borrowed the term.

We already have recipes for quiche, liverwurst, haggis, etouffee... I actually had to google the last one because I had no idea what it was. I don't think tacos are so out of place on this list. A taco is basically a tortilla folded around a filling. We could avoid the word tortilla and replace it with flatbread (which was used in the game before: Combwort Flatbread), but really, what difference does it make? It's the same thing.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I was thinking about the name more than the dish. Any culture could invent it, but only one culture called it risotto - before others languages borrowed the term.

We already have recipes for quiche, liverwurst, haggis, etouffee... I actually had to google the last one because I had no idea what it was. I don't think tacos are so out of place on this list. A taco is basically a tortilla folded around a filling. We could avoid the word tortilla and replace it with flatbread (which was used in the game before: Combwort Flatbread), but really, what difference does it make? It's the same thing.

Ah, right, yeah they should have leaned away as much as possible from real world terms for food, Tamriel lacks the linguistic roots for these terms.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule