Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Justice System Questions for ESO Live

• Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will merchant prices increase with more crime points?
    Will what merchants pay thieves for non-fence items decrease with career crime points?
    If we kill a merchant, will he eventually put us on his Do Not Deal with /KoS list?
    Will a person be able to redeem themselves? (I am sorry, I will repay my debt to society.)
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    What steps will be taken to insure that the Justice System is not used to grief?

One example would be by players killing vendors, quest givers, bank NPCs, etc.

For areas like cold harbor where 'feeding' is not so easily accomplished will the guards of the hollow city (with all the things they no doubt see daily) even raise an eyebrow at a full WW or stage 4 Vampire?

No doubt some people enjoy being the wicked, bad boy, evil type. What is to keep a character from being perminatly locked out of play? Or if someone is wicked enough is loss of your character for an hour, day, month etc as they rot in prison a reality that will come to pass.

Does each city have its own jail? Will there be a big boys worst of the bad prison for each faction (and an achievment for have been sent there).

Will we see other players in the stocks?

Some historical societies in the real world have used brands, tattoos and other permanant body alterations to mark criminals. Will the justice system have this?

What questions have you expected to be asked and not yet heard?

What should we really truely need to know about the nity-grity nuts and bolts of the new Justice System?
    ** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 64GB DDR4 @ 3000, GTX 1080 ti, 4K Samsung 3d Display m.2 Sata 3 Boot Drive, m.2 x4 nvme Game Drive **
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IF vampires become KOS at Stage 4 is there going to be any adjustment to the Stage timers? Specifically, will we at least get a longer Stage 1?
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Questions:
    • Do Npc re-spawn if killed or are they gone for ever?
    • Are there certain Npcs who cannot be killed?
    • Do other players killing Npcs affect other players?
    • Do killing animals now consider a crime like pigs or chickens in towns or cities?
    • Do guards have patrols now through out the cities and towns?
    Edited by Darkonflare15 on December 5, 2014 4:23PM
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are you going to do to stop cities becoming permanent ghost towns as groups of powerful PCs just mow down every NPC in sight?
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
    Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
    Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
    Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
    Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
    Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
    Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
    Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
    Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
  • Bazzakrak
    Bazzakrak
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

I am interested in knowing about hirelings and the timing issues that has been going on for almost 6 months now with their mails.
    Will we see a "fix" to it, so that it is a viable for normal people to put in a 3rd skillpoint into their hirelings or will we still be ignored with our concerns in this regard ?
    We're born, we live, we die. And along the way, you do the best with whatever crap you step in :p

I'm stranded all alone in the gas station of love, And I have to use the self-service pumps <3

Post Hoc Ergo Proptor Hoc o:)

Motivation alone is not enough. If i had an idiot with me and i motivated him, then i will have a motivated idiot to do stuff :s
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the level of cooperation between the Justice system guys and the Provision system guys?

Is there a risk that the two new system could get in the way of each other?
  • WhiskyBob
    WhiskyBob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Will quest NPC's be protected from murder?

2. Will you somehow prevent high level players from butchering low level town?

3. Player cought by the guard refuses to pay, runs away and jumps off the cliff. He died. Does he still have a bounty on his head?

4. Player has 1m gold bounty on his head. Guard kills him, does it remove the WHOLE bounty and purges his criminal status?

5. What will law abiding players get from catching the criminals?

6. Will there be a bounty board in each major city?

7. If there will be bounty to be collected for criminals - arent you affraid people will just use their friends to abuse the system?

8. Will bounties be bound to account?

Edited by WhiskyBob on December 5, 2014 10:29AM
  • Rodario
    Rodario
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the final justice system have any kind of scoring system and/or leaderboards for the most notorious criminals and the best crime fighters?

Whoever picked the name Grey Fox better live up to it if that is coming.
    Victoria Lux - Templar Tank
    {EU/DC}
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How will the justice system impact players that don't want to participate? I've read the info on opting in, but if it makes containers unable to be looted without 'stealing' then it effects everyone, opt in or not. Is this going to make things like motifs and recipes, often found in homes and castles in chests/dressers/trunks/etc. much easier to come across for thieves? Telling us we can find those items elsewhere, in the 'wild', isn't good enough IMO, since it's much easier for someone to just stay in the city and gather to their hearts content.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will i be able to murder certain non quest and Merchant Npcs that do nothing but comment on nonsense or add atmosphere that constantly annoy me by repeating the one line or conversation that they know incessantly?

like that Khajiit in Elden, the one that talks about the "strange happenings have ended... it seems a deadric prince was involved! Sheograth himself"

i want to violently Werewolf murder him and the women he is talking too... idk why but those two annoy me more than any other NPC... except for Ibrula.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsLQujgIpLc

Actually can i just kill NPC quest givers too? I would love to remove this NPC from existance!
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanna kill Lady Laurent. Sadly, she is a quest giver. Please put a version of her somewhere where I can kill her. LOL

OK, silliness aside, while I understand that the Justice System is going to make snatching things out of baskets, crates and barrels, etc stealing... are places where those resources are NOT considered stealing going to be introduced/increased? How easy is it going to be to be any kind of crafter and NOT also a thief?

• Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the Justice system will be released in phases (therefore no enforcer roles yet), can we decide to kill and steal now and become enforcers later?
  • jeanette
    jeanette
    ✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    More questions, since it has been said the initial rollout will be much like Skyrim's justice system:

Will animals be able to witness crimes? (I'm still mad about that chicken in Skyrim that put a huge bounty on my head).

And will other players be able to witness crimes, or only NPC's? Ofcourse a player can't put a bounty on another playes head, but it would be difficult to steal in towns if the eye won't close when other playes have you within sight, thus making every NPC near see it.
  • Navaya
    Navaya
    ✭✭✭
    Hello!
    This is the patch I am looking forward to most so far and got a few question.

Questions:
    1: Will we see Dark brotherhood in Justice system?
    1b: And if so, will there be assassination quests on players?

2: Is there a "pay off crimes" cap?

3: Is the Guards in cities gonna be extra strong?
    3b: And will they scale to the criminal player?
    3c: And if we are a group that is just keeping on killing guards and everything in a town, will it then spawn a Boss like npc? Like the General of the city.

4: Will we get AP or any reward when killing players outside Cyrodiil?

5: Will we see Thief guild/Dark Brotherhood Motif styles in update 6?

Keep up the awesome work and I hope you will answer some of my questions :)

• BigDanT
    BigDanT
    ✭✭
    Considering that the thieves are going to be hunted by a large portion of the population, are Nightblades going to be able to re-enter a stealth mode IE use <CTRL> after using the Invisibility skill while invisibility is in effect? Please don't give me the use of Vampire skills on this subject as I have no desire to be a Vampire.

Is the Argonian Passive Amphibious, and Nightblade Passive Catalyst going to apply to all potions because currently they do not change the length of effect of the Invisibility Potion along with other types of potions? If not will the wording be changed on these passives or will the passives be changed to something more usable by the race and class respectively?

Also considering that the populous in general is going to be allowed to hunt thieves are the thieves going to be allowed to pick the pockets of Player Characters "In the Cyrodil PvP areas"? No reward without risk. Thieves will most likely be by themselves and I foresee large groups of hunters chasing thieves around a town.

Thanks for allowing these questions
  • GreyBrow
    GreyBrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will the introduction of the justice system allow me to kill/assault the other players that have been annoying me since launch?

Put in a 1 hour cooldown to avoid trolling, something, I don't care. But if we can't walk into town and crystal frag that one guy we absolutely hate to death at least once, you're gonna lose a lot of people.

Make it similar to GTAO, something. Just don't dumb it down and make it "family friendly" (more like noob friendly) like the disney channel... just like everything else in this game.
  • GreyBrow
    GreyBrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elf_Boy wrote: »
    What steps will be taken to insure that the Justice System is not used to grief?

Hopefully the justice system will finally allow Greifing. If you don't like it, go back to minecraft and live in your dirt house. This is the main reason so many people bought the game... they were expecting oblivion/skyrim style mayhem, and they got an easy version of the sims where nothing bad happens to you.
    xaraan wrote: »
    How will the justice system impact players that don't want to participate? I've read the info on opting in, but if it makes containers unable to be looted without 'stealing' then it effects everyone, opt in or not. Is this going to make things like motifs and recipes, often found in homes and castles in chests/dressers/trunks/etc. much easier to come across for thieves? Telling us we can find those items elsewhere, in the 'wild', isn't good enough IMO, since it's much easier for someone to just stay in the city and gather to their hearts content.

You seem to forget... this is elder scrolls online. I really hope there is no "opt out" option or you'll see a lot of people "opt out" of paying the monthly subscription. If you don't want to steal/kill/be killed, play sim city. In morrow wind, skyrim, oblivion, there were consequences for stealing, and you had to make a decision as to whether or not the consequences would be worth the action. This system was one of the main contributors to the success of those games, because you couldn't do anything like that in any other game at the time.

Will the justice system actually force people to make decisions, and provide negative consequences strong enough to deter players who aren't skilled enough to deal with the consequences?
    Edited by GreyBrow on December 5, 2014 12:25PM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreyBrow wrote: »

Hopefully the justice system will finally allow Greifing. If you don't like it, go back to minecraft and live in your dirt house. This is the main reason so many people bought the game... they were expecting oblivion/skyrim style mayhem, and they got an easy version of the sims where nothing bad happens to you.

You seem to forget... this is elder scrolls online. I really hope there is no "opt out" option or you'll see a lot of people "opt out" of paying the monthly subscription. If you don't want to steal/kill/be killed, play sim city. In morrow wind, skyrim, oblivion, there were consequences for stealing, and you had to make a decision as to whether or not the consequences would be worth the action. This system was one of the main contributors to the success of those games, because you couldn't do anything like that in any other game at the time.

Will the justice system actually force people to make decisions, and provide negative consequences strong enough to deter players who aren't skilled enough to deal with the consequences?

Of course in those games your "consequences" came from NPCs. The attitude you display in your own posts is exactly why many players are concerned about/asking for an opt out on the PvP. There are MANY PvEers who want to enjoy the challenge of being criminals a la what they experienced in Skyrim, etc. But they don't want to be forced into PvP conflict for those activities. Personally, I don't mind it. But because much of the player base WILL mind I think ZOS needs to take that into consideration....and look at posts like yours for the reason why.

• Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Justice Lead Scott Nixon

Which one is he?

GalleryChar_1900x900_JusticeLeague_52ab8e54d0a6f0.42170553.jpg
    Wololo.
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are definitely a few PvPers who just can't wait to take their bad attitude global. Most of y'all are great. My question: how does ZOS intend to thwart the rampant [snip] that a few are going to bring out of Cyrodil into the rest of Tamriel?

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on December 5, 2014 2:29PM
  • TheFibrewire
    TheFibrewire
    ✭✭✭
    when can we use the chairs and benches in the world other than /sitchair and also when will you guys add some collision detection on to the statues and rocks for weapons also when can we get more interactive objects like hanging fishes and weapons which are kept as fillers ?
    Edited by TheFibrewire on December 5, 2014 1:20PM
  • TheFibrewire
    TheFibrewire
    ✭✭✭
    can we see a more impactful outcomes of our decision of our quests like meeting with those NPCs which we didnt kill at later zones while playing?
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    After a guard kills you (u did try do run away after crime) will u end up in a prison naked (costume forced) or just respawn at a shrine
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happens when someone steals, without really meaning to? Is that person permanently on the thieves side.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    Justice Lead Scott Nixon

Which one is he?

GalleryChar_1900x900_JusticeLeague_52ab8e54d0a6f0.42170553.jpg

Not exactly on topic, but lol Aquaman... just lol
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreyBrow wrote: »

Be prepared to "opt out" of your monthly sub as you suggest, iirc they've already said you have to flag yourself in some way to participate.
  • Whisper292
    Whisper292
    ✭✭✭
    1. With the implementation of Justice and Champion systems, does this mean there's no Provisioning overhaul in this update?

2. Many of us are very concerned with how vampires and werewolves will be handled in town. Will they be accosted in the early stages and killed on sight in the later stages? If this is so, is there any hope of extending the feeding stages? Only 30 minutes in Stage One is absolutely unacceptable.

3. Will we be able to feed in town via some sort of seduction spell or enchantment and not aggro the victim? Roleplayers usually RP in town. If we RP for more than an hour or two, suddenly we're in town in Stage Three or Four with a gauntlet of guards to get past so we can leave town to feed.

4. Is there any chance of evening out the days and nights? The four/two split is kinda dumb and should be three/three.
    ---
    Love all, trust few, do wrong to no one. - William Shakespeare
  • shawtst0p15
    shawtst0p15
    Soul Shriven
    Hi everyone!

This Friday, December 5th, we'll be having a very special segment on ESO Live showcasing the Justice System with Justice Lead Scott Nixon. Scott will be giving a general overview of the Justice System, and will present various features that you can expect to see once the system is available including theft, burglary, assault, bounty, consequences of your actions, and more.

If you have any questions about the Justice System and aren't able to join us on Friday during the show, you can post your questions here and we'll do our best to answer as many as we can!

Will we get any new skill lines such as Thieving or Lockpicking to aid in our mischievous endeavors ?