The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

what is taking so long?

Hypertionb14_ESO
Hypertionb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
what the title says.

There has been no news or anything for update 6, not even the road ahead thing they were doing...

sorry but the game is in a really messy state still, half a year from launch...
I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Road ahead is planned after thanksgiving.
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geeze, it's still their holiday weekend. They won't be having maintenance on the main servers tomorrow probably also because of it. We might get a Road Ahead then and maybe 1.6 on the PTS later this week or sometime next week.

It would be nice to have 1.6 go live by Christmas but maybe it's not such a good idea to rush things.
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what the title says.

There has been no news or anything for update 6, not even the road ahead thing they were doing...

sorry but the game is in a really messy state still, half a year from launch...

They game is not in a messy state it is falling apart. Cyrodiil is a total mess. Delayed sound effects, Crashes, Serious Lag, and I could go on but what is the point. Patch 1.5.6 messed a bunch up. And to think we are paying for this.

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i imagine this or next week now that the holidays are coming to an end.

recently i have been having sound delays..... thats nice. its not distracting and very annoying at all! no no...
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather them fix what's on offer as content right now than introduce more bug ridden content, and the PvP that doesn't work and full of lag, or more areas which are focused on grouped content rather than solo.

But that's just me, I'm a simple man.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• fuzzbunnies
    I would place money on them just doping the update on live in the next 2 weeks.
  • Frenkthevile
    Frenkthevile
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want something before christmas holidays !
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really though? If they churn out Update 6 within three weeks, with at most two weeks on PTS, it won't be tested enough and would likely collapse ESO over Christmas due to the inevitable bugs which slip through the first update. Then they'll all go on holiday and it won't be fixed until January, leaving the whole holiday period without any working ESO at all.

They should get Update 6 on PTS soonish, fix a bunch of stuff that still needs to be fixed on Live before Christmas, and then roll out 6 in January after it has been thoroughly tested over the holidays.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • fuzzbunnies
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Really though? If they churn out Update 6 within three weeks, with at most two weeks on PTS, it won't be tested enough and would likely collapse ESO over Christmas due to the inevitable bugs which slip through the first update. Then they'll all go on holiday and it won't be fixed until January, leaving the whole holiday period without any working ESO at all.

They should get Update 6 on PTS soonish, fix a bunch of stuff that still needs to be fixed on Live before Christmas, and then roll out 6 in January after it has been thoroughly tested over the holidays.
    Or they just pump it out monday and spend their time till holidays fixing it which is where my bet is going.

• yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    background.jpg
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • rophez_ESO
    rophez_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Judging from the lack of activity on the dev tracker, I'd say a long Thanksgiving break is what's taking so long ;)
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    background.jpg

feels like it most days i been checking daily for a disappointing amount of nothingness
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    rophez_ESO wrote: »
    Judging from the lack of activity on the dev tracker, I'd say a long Thanksgiving break is what's taking so long ;)

I am glad somebody else noticed this besides me.

I would like to think numerous ZOS personnel who normally patrol the forums have been busy prepping for Update 6. However extended time off around the holidays and the possible usage of accumulated vacation days that would otherwise be lost after December 31 could be contributing to the delay as well. The ZOS team deserves their time off like any other employee for any other business.

The rumored massive size of the update could also be a factor in the delay. More time is needed to implement (and test -haha!) this update if it indeed contains everything people have been speculating - Champion System, Imperial City, Provisioning overhaul, skills update, etc.
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    Turkey poisoning, everyone dead or feels like it.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    so are they on thanksgiving break til next thanksgiving...?
  • Frenkthevile
    Frenkthevile
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pyatra wrote: »
    Turkey poisoning, everyone dead or feels like it.
    Give this man a medal.