The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

The curse of "Keen Eye"

kelly.medleyb14_ESO
kelly.medleyb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
So... I got keen eye and now I can't get anything done, there are stuffs EVERYWHERE!
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, this IS what you're doing from now on (just kidding ;))

I think these Keen Eye perks should be toggleable.
    I know it can be very distracting when you're on the way to do something important and that smokey glow pops up everywhere you go, it's hard to resist.
    Also for screenshots it would be nice if it would look like normal (would be a good thing for the follower markers as well, but that's a different story).

Maybe turning it on/off just by clicking on that skill's icon would be nice, I think, if they'll ever implement this option.
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Rodario
    Rodario
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raygee wrote: »

I think these Keen Eye perks should be toggleable.
    I know it can be very distracting when you're on the way to do something important and that smokey glow pops up everywhere you go, it's hard to resist.
    Also for screenshots it would be nice if it would look like normal (would be a good thing for the follower markers as well, but that's a different story).

Maybe turning it on/off just by clicking on that skill's icon would be nice, I think, if they'll ever implement this option.

The aesthetics penalty of these perks is the main reason I havent activated them, except for alchemy (because columbine is easy to miss in grass).

The other reason is that I feel almost all nodes (except ash, for example) are very easy to spot, so I don't feel the need for keen eye.
    Victoria Lux - Templar Tank
    {EU/DC}
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lolz. And.. this is why I only have keen eye level 1 on mats. When people I am traveling with go 30 yards off the road to pick a wormwood and hold up a group of seven players... sigh.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • renton1x1x1
    renton1x1x1
    ✭✭✭
    I can usuallly..... ohhhh lady' smock

*meh" i might a problem *cough* addiction
    Renton Sc Breton Sorcerer VR14
    Renton Tp Argonian Templar VR14
    Renton Dk Imperial DragonKnight VR14
    Renton Nb Khajiit Nightblade VR10 Vampire

www.alitheso.com Casual Social EU PvX Guild

Ebonheart Pact EU PVP Decimation Elite Azura's Star
    The Traveling Merchant
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/190077/the-traveling-merchant-eu-craglorn-trading-guild

So let me get this straight: You want to ride on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people and beg with him for your freedom. And you're telling me that you're completely sane? - Rimmer - Red Dwarf V - Quarantine
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only noobs use keen eye. ;) IMMA SO HARDCORE

http://youtu.be/f-mPnmfrm6I
  • Nivzruo_ESO
    Nivzruo_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is true, has made my questing take at least twice as long.
    Nelgyntc- V14 NB
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I put one point in Keen Eye in April, was dismayed when I discovered how annoying it looks and that it can't be toggled off, respecced immediately and never looked back. Almost all nodes are easily visible without it anyway, there's only a handful of ores and flowers I sometimes miss.
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lionxoft wrote: »
    Only noobs use keen eye. ;) IMMA SO HARDCORE

http://youtu.be/f-mPnmfrm6I

Now, when you mentioned it, I feel myself the same way.
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This was actually one of my favourite parts about rolling up an Alchemist character in Oblivion, and again later in Skyrim.

There is a whole lot involved in just running around gathering ingredients; killing things that are near ingredients; stealing ingredients from shops and houses; crafting potions and then going around the province selling them.

It was one of those things that reflected on Elder Scrolls' ability to immerse a player in a large variety of playstyles.

If anything, would like to see Alchemy get more reagents, particularly more diversity to them rather than just plants and fungi. Give me bear claws and imp galls on successful kills pls...maybe make them blue-quality reagents that make potions more powerful.

Would spend all day running through fields and forests gathering ingredients and not mind at all.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »

This was actually one of my favourite parts about rolling up an Alchemist character in Oblivion, and again later in Skyrim.

There is a whole lot involved in just running around gathering ingredients; killing things that are near ingredients; stealing ingredients from shops and houses; crafting potions and then going around the province selling them.

It was one of those things that reflected on Elder Scrolls' ability to immerse a player in a large variety of playstyles.

If anything, would like to see Alchemy get more reagents, particularly more diversity to them rather than just plants and fungi. Give me bear claws and imp galls on successful kills pls...maybe make them blue-quality reagents that make potions more powerful.

Would spend all day running through fields and forests gathering ingredients and not mind at all.

While I do agree there should be more alchemy reagents, I'd like to see them placed in more hard to reach places, like ore only in mines, wood in heavy forests, etc etc

So they aren't all over the place every time I run between quests and ore lying in the plains etc.
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh i know this curse very well!

I made a alt in DC two days ago and already he got keen eye 2/3 in BS, WW, alchemy and clothing. :P
    PC EU
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maotti_Nor wrote: »
    Oh i know this curse very well!

I made a alt in DC two days ago and already he got keen eye 2/3 in BS, WW, alchemy and clothing. :P

Try having 3/3 in all Keen Eyes lol, you won't be able to walk 2 meters and forget riding a horse!