The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What happened to the lag?

Breg_Magol
Breg_Magol
✭✭✭✭
Typical .. now my lag seems to have gone .. ZOS when can I get it back?
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Typical players never happy. Complain that there is lag they get rid of lag complain cause there is no lag.
    tumblr_m26nvnNG5o1qkk10ro1_500.jpg
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No lag makes it harder to cap keeps!
  • Breg_Magol
    Breg_Magol
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol ..Seriously though, went back to Cyrodil this arve ... around 20 players give or take and it was as smooth as a photoshopped babe's bum! :smiley:
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. It's super classified information that could lead to a lot of anger and upset people. I don't wanna release this information but for you I will.
    when they say they are working on it sometimes it means they actually are working on it and its not a secret cover up or some illuminati thing.

Now I told you so keep it secret. We don't want some people finding out this information so sssshhhh.
  • Breg_Magol
    Breg_Magol
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. It's super classified information that could lead to a lot of anger and upset people. I don't wanna release this information but for you I will.
    when they say they are working on it sometimes it means they actually are working on it and its not a secret cover up or some illuminati thing.

Now I told you so keep it secret. We don't want some people finding out this information so sssshhhh.

(Whispers back in conspiratorial tone) ... Right ... do I have to eat my monitor after I've read the message?

You know ... to keep it from falling into the wrong hands ... loose lips sink ships an' all!

Edited by Breg_Magol on November 30, 2014 7:37AM
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No but this message will self destruct in 5 seconds. If your my age you'll get that joke and go go gadget chopper!

Wait Inspector gadgets exploding messages where a reference to get smart, which was made by Mel brooks, Mel has 3 letters in the name..........Halflife 3 confirmed!
    Edited by ers101284b14_ESO on November 30, 2014 7:53AM
  • Breg_Magol
    Breg_Magol
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hehe ... I was nearing @ the end of my military service when Inspector Gadget first aired ... just to provide some perspective ;)
  • snowmanflvb14_ESO
    snowmanflvb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No but this message will self destruct in 5 seconds. If your my age you'll get that joke and go go gadget chopper!

Wait Inspector gadgets exploding messages where a reference to get smart, which was made by Mel brooks, Mel has 3 letters in the name..........Halflife 3 confirmed!

no it was also mission impossible back in the day ( not the crap movies but the good show)
    Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!
  • snowmanflvb14_ESO
    snowmanflvb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Breg_Magol wrote: »
    Hehe ... I was nearing @ the end of my military service when Inspector Gadget first aired ... just to provide some perspective ;)

ok grandpa. I had to wait 3 years after it aired to retire from service.
    Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So let me get this right, even lag got nerfed now?
    How will A. D. take keeps?
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So let me get this right, even lag got nerfed now?
    How will A. D. take keeps?

Don't worry they still have healing springs exploit.
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No lag = online players per server less than 100k ;)
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • Rodario
    Rodario
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shhhhhh!!! You'll jinx it!
    Edited by Rodario on November 30, 2014 9:08AM
    Victoria Lux - Templar Tank
    {EU/DC}
  • Darthryan
    Darthryan
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm I played last night 25 vs 25 on us thornblade and we had *** lag and half of our group crashed.
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breg_Magol wrote: »

ok grandpa. I had to wait 3 years after it aired to retire from service.

Heard of "Mine is bigger" One upmanship but "I'm Older than you are" contest?
    :wink:
    Thanks for your service soldiers. :-)

Edited by Vizier on November 30, 2014 10:17AM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No but this message will self destruct in 5 seconds.

Isn't it against the TOS to discuss forum moderation :wink: ?
  • Lord_Kreegan
    Lord_Kreegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bunch of youngsters in this thread claiming to be old...

Unless you grew up with The Beatles, Frankie Valli, Viet Nam, hippies, the sexual revolution (that actually was fun...), women's lib (that actually wasn't fun), Martin Luther King, micro skirts (God, I miss those...), the original Green Bay Packers and Bart Starr, and only three channels of black&white TV, then you're nothing but a bunch of punks...

GET OFF OF MY LAWN!
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It rage quit in frustration because of all the lag
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't know what to do with 60-100fps again lol...my eyes aren't used to non-lag.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whuuuuut? I think it's time I went back to Cyrodiil!
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is no lag because there is no one playing...
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Darthryan wrote: »
    Hmmm I played last night 25 vs 25 on us thornblade and we had *** lag and half of our group crashed.

The lag is certainly better but it is still present in some of the larger battles in Cyrodiil, especially if one faction is backed up to one of its home keeps with nowhere to go. I experienced some significant lag last night on Thornblade NA. Once the battle thinned, the lag disappeared, fortunately.

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    No but this message will self destruct in 5 seconds.

Isn't it against the TOS to discuss forum moderation :wink: ?

Yes, and you are discussing it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come over to EU, plenty of lag to go around.

Or as Sheogorath would say, LAAAGGGG FOR EVERYONE!
  • jeanette
    jeanette
    ✭✭✭
    Damn, now I have nothing to blame when *** hits the fan :(
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LAG is still present and with patch 1.5.6 delayed sound effects and at times weapon effects. Heck just earlier today in Thornblade I had a enemy player in front of me that I was wacking away on and doing no damage at all. We were attacking a keep and it turned into a large battle. The delay of the effects were so bad it was pathetic and of course there was no sound effects either. And to think we are paying for this. Glad my sub is about to end.
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Improved lag? Please, pass me some of what you're smoking. Its even worse now, ever since their 6GB "sound system overhaul", client side sounds just completely drop out in large battles when the server fries and display the same lag as skills. Every single person in my raid had all game sounds drop for the duration of the Alessia siege yesterday.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Actually a lot of people have said that lag has gotten better and not just him.
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I defy you to come into thornblade during primetime and partake in a scroll keep siege.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so it lags on one server for one group during one hour of one day. Yep must be screwed for every one all the time