The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Lack of training dummies

ThunderCat
ThunderCat
✭✭
Greetings,

I would like to ask what the reason for the lack of a training dummy is.

I see this feature as a must have for all theory crafters out there who are trying to come up with either new and quirky builds or those who try to squeeze every single drop of DPS they can.

I am aware that this issue might have been raised previously, but if we can't have it on the live server for whatever reason, at least have it on the PTS.

This way, it should give people more incentive to do something on the PTS.
Sigma Draconis [EU][DC]
Head of Trials
ThunderCatVoB - V14 - Nord Templar Tank
Benjamin Dover - V14 - Dunmer DK DPS / Tank
William Shagwell - V14 - Altmer NB DPS
AA: 8m 33s, HR: 9m 43s, SO: 72m 58s
  • Lykurgis
    Lykurgis
    ✭✭✭
    Ya this has been a sorely needed feature from the get go. Would be nice to see an official response on if they are considering it or just planning on ignoring theorycrafters forever.

We Kill Bosses (NA Server, AD)
    The Purple Guild (NA Server, AD)
    world first naked AA run
  • Shinra
    Shinra
    ✭✭✭
    Right now the best builds don't matter that much. And the developers don't want them to matter any more than they do now. End of story.

Because the variability in the different builds that are viable right now will suffer greatly.
    Edited by Shinra on November 28, 2014 7:36AM
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shinra wrote: »
    Right now the best builds don't matter that much. And the developers don't want them to matter any more than they do now. End of story.

Because the variability in the different builds that are viable right now will suffer greatly.

Have you tried endgame content?
    Try to answer this without an optimal build. Good luck! ;)
    Wololo.
  • Spark
    Spark
    ✭✭✭
    I like this idea. Still, to be honest, I would prefer the dummies to be on the actual server as well (so we can use the equipment that we already have). It's possible you have already seen this recent thread: [link]. Linking it anyway, in case people wanted to add their voice in.

@Shinra Are you certain it would work that way though? I'd imagine people would be able to find more viable builds if DPS testing was made easier. I mean, even with the same build, different players would reach different DPS, so this way people might find it easier to find what works for them. And if someone wanted to use a specific weapon type for "fluff" reasons, it'd be easier for them to optimize their output with it, wouldn't it?
  • tino.antoninieb17_ESO
    Shinra wrote: »

Actually i dont agree with any of the above statements. Possibility to tune up stats and rotations is very important for versatility and not killing it . Not having empiric test is not pushing people towards versatility or making people play more casual builds. Thats pure illusion.
    Mammoths and giants are used even today for dps check - however that test might and is unreliable. Lots of people are using them to do what they could do on training dummies. Number of people who are doing that is showing demand for training dummies.
    Training dummies is used for training as well - so people can learn and reach automatisation with their rotations. Perhaps there was legit reason in class and magic/stamina imbalance why developers didnt want to introduce dummies. Now they more or less have balanced game and they should introduce dummies. There must be some reason why developers are not introducing dummies - but all of those reasons are reliq of developers starting idea of play however u want ( to be honest eso today is offering more flexibility than most of other games do ). Those developers should go to vet city of ash or sanctum or vet arena and try to clear it without holly trinity groups and by the way that is most recent content which should be indication where this game goes .
    Ignorance is not bliss.
    Edited by tino.antoninieb17_ESO on November 28, 2014 8:25AM
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are slacking.

Too busy with turkeys and stuff.