The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Need to run repair after patch-install?

Elsterchen
Elsterchen
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi there,
I just finished patching 1.5.6 and as stated in the title I now have to run the repair function as the only option available. This is weird, tiresome and I sure hope its not intended as well. I do hope I am the only one with this issue, thou.
I'll let you know if the repair "works" or not, but maybe its worth a check from your side.

edit1: Now I am back at patching again, repair worked somehow but looked buggy to me i.e. repairing 150% , jumping between the different "download packages" (don't know how u call that but it looks like seperate packages to me as each starts with a defined size and gets a seperate "%-completion-bar"-thingy).

edit2: Applying patch is buggy it will run smoothly till 99% completion and then jump back to 7x% completion. As far as I have noticed this happened 3 times now (might be more often since i don't stare at the launcher all the time), jumping back to 78%, 75%, 72% respectively.

edit 3: Now i get error 302_Patch_error-corrupt-dest ... -.-

edit 4: Despite the error message I was able to enter and play the game, which ran smoothly... at least for now.
Edited by Elsterchen on November 27, 2014 11:32AM