Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Dungeon NPCs Invisible

SlayerSyrena
SlayerSyrena
✭✭✭✭✭
Our group ran non-vet Vaults of Madness tonight and when we reached the very end, after killing the last boss, the NPC who would give us our skillpoint was invisible. We tried relogging but he never showed. We had to leave the dungeon without finishing the quest/getting our reward.

We then tried Blackheart Haven. When we got to the big room and killed the Ogrim boss, Shifty Tom's arrow appeared in the room, but the NPC himself was invisible. Again, we could not talk to him so we were not able to proceed.

Any assistance would be really appreciated.
PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 1600+
Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow

***Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order***
Guest on first ESO Live
My ESO fan art and comics
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They found a dungeon that didn't fulfill the quota of a minimum of 25 different bugs, so they had to make a few new ones.

Seriously though, this sounds like a new one. Usually when NPCs don't appear it's because the quests bug out because some dialog or something didn't finish before you moved on. This sounds like the quest advances but you just can't see the NPCs.. fun.
    Options
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @SlayerSyrena,

When these issues occur, please be sure to use the /bug feature within the game. These reports go straight to our developers, and contain useful information to assist with fixes. That said, we'll be happy to help.

Shifty Tom is a known issue that we're currently looking into in Blackheart Haven.

For the Vaults of Madness issue, what is the exact quest step that your group got stuck on?

Thanks for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Vaults of Madness it was the final interaction with the NPC that we could not do (after we killed the Mad Architect/Lich). We ran thru an entire dungeon and did not get our skillpoint due to that NPC at the end being invisible ...

I used /help in game. Does that also go to the people who take care of the bugs or should I do both next time?

Guest on first ESO Live
    Options
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @SlayerSyrena,

The /help request goes to our Customer Support department, who will generally respond within 24 hours.

Your best bet at the moment is to abandon the quest and attempt it again. Let us know if the issue persists the second time you complete the dungeon. We'll continue to look into it on this side.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tried to do Blackheart Haven again, two months later. Shifty Tom is still a no-show. Kind of frustrating ... :( (I did bug report it again.)

Guest on first ESO Live
    Options