The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Server to Server to PTS

theschmids_ESO
Honestly the NA server came back on-line and the new patch is downloading as I type this thus this question probably has been asked already, please forgive me. You have characters A, B and C on the NA server. You also have characters X, Y, and Z on the EU server. To gain access to the PTS one has to apply the patches. Does that mean you will only be able to play that character on said megaserver in the PTS environment? Or can you go back to the server you were on before without the patches from the PTS? Thanks
It's not the destination but the journey.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure what you are asking. But your characters are on the server that they are on and that is where they stay, with one exception. They periodically copy over your Live characters to the PTS and not sure how often they do that. But they never get copied back to the Live server from the PTS.

If there is a patch waiting for either the PTS or the Live server, that will be downloaded and installed before you can play the game or test the PTS. PTS is always patched ahead of the Live server as it is intended to test the patches and updates on that platform. Then the Live server gets the update once it is ready.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• LPabon
    LPabon
    PTS is not a patch its a separate client you can go back and forth like choosing 2 different games Your question is confusing sorry as far as i know only NA server toons are copied to PTS Server. The copied toon on the pts dose not reflect the original toon on the NA Server for example. Your PTS toons progress in level and your NA client toon stays the same way you left it from the last time you played on the NA Server
    PTS patch today (Nov 19) wiped all characters and then copied all EU characters from Live to PTS. Version remains at 1.5.2 so not even up to Live version.
    Edited by LPabon on November 24, 2014 7:34PM
    Like a cyclone, imperialism spins across the globe; militarism crushes peoples and sucks their blood like a vampire.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PTS is not a patch its a separate client you can go back and forth like choosing 2 different games Your question is confusing sorry as far as i know only NA server toons are copied to PTS Server.
    They were, I believe when the next update hits the PTS they will be using the copy from the EU server.

OP if I understand your question, patches and updates only effect the server they are applied to. So which ever update applies to the PTS will not effect live and vice versa. Also nothing you do on the the PTS will effect live.

Character copy is new, automatic and does not update on the PTS as you progress on your live account. They do a one time mirror of one of the live mega servers, taking turns which one with each update. This also means any characters you have on the PTS will get wiped from time to time. Do not consider any characters you make on PTS to be permanent or recoverable after a wipe happens.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Dubah
    Dubah
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not quite sure what you are asking. However hopefully I understand and make sense with the answer lol. So the character copy is new. However at this time no characters on the NA megaserver are on the pts and patching the pts is completely optional. If you only want to load into and play the characters on the EU/NA megaserver you only need the updates that loads up with live. However if you want to play on the pts you must download/patch the pts first. Hopefully that is the answer you are looking for.