The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

4k resolution?

diverje
diverje
✭✭
This afternoon I purchased a "4k" monitor and was a little disappointed that ESO doesn't seem to support any resolution greater than 1920x1200 on my system. Of course, I decided I'd get sneaky and modify the user settings file and boost it to the resolution I desired. Sadly, this too doesn't appear to work and seems to limit me to the aforementioned resolution.

Will there be 4k support (If so, how far out?) or is there a work around to getting the resolution up? It looks of guar dung. :-(
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm 100% for anything that makes ESO look even more gorgeous, as long as those people with meh computers can still play at reasonable settings. It would be a move in the wrong direction if ZoS increased the minimum system requirements just to give us 4K, which in reality is still a work in progress for the industry.
  • diverje
    diverje
    ✭✭
    True, true. Though I don't think it would be increasing the minimum requirements to allow for a higher resolution if your computer supports it. (Of course I could understand one's argument for perhaps requiring better textures and such, but I think for now I'd just be happy with running at native resolution :-D)
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Try this ;)

http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU

Works on my rig. even tho its downsampled. But at least you get 4k on your 4k Screen with that. I hope you have at least like 780s SLI.

4k with my 780Ti makes trials unplayable =(
  • diverje
    diverje
    ✭✭
    Cursory glance looks like it's for Windows?
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    diverje wrote: »

yea, it is. You on Macintosh or sumthin? If so, i have no idea.

The Windows ESO Client supports Resolutions up to 4k if your Monitor supports it though.
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @diverje‌,

could you try the trick that @gitalien has posted in this thread?

The thing is, any app running in a HiDPI environment needs to signal it's awareness of it to the OS by calling the right APIs, or else the OS will tell it that that it's running in a normal DPI environment (i.e. maximum reported display resolution is half of the physical one) and scale it appropriately.
    Edited by KhajitFurTrader on November 24, 2014 8:42AM
  • diverje
    diverje
    ✭✭
    diverje wrote: »
    yea, it is. You on Macintosh or sumthin? If so, i have no idea.

Yep, that's why I posted in the Mac Tech support. ;-D Thanks, though!

@KhajitFurTrader‌, thanks for the link! That works splendidly! I appreciate the explanation – I guess that might explain why I couldn't simply override the file.