The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Error 108 - Unable to log into the game / random connection losses (EU)

Harleyquincey
Harleyquincey
✭✭✭
Hello there.

I am constantly receiving the following message upon login:

"Error 108 (7:5:313:0)
Login failed. Please try again. Should the problem persist, contact Customer Support: https//help.elderscrollsonline.com/."

I was able to lo in twice but got kicked out of the game after roughly 10-15 minutes each time. My spouse had this a few times just now as well but was able to log in finally and so far has remained logged in.

A friend of mine had the same issue once, another friend however is fine.

I'd wager this is login server / zoning server issues, from my p.o.v. and experience so far with the game systems.

(I did of course relaunch the game several times)
Edited by Harleyquincey on November 21, 2014 2:16PM
EU Server
Clavius Lydoris Probus - Imperial Dragonknight Tank
Co-Founder of [Black Manticore Brigade]
Proud member of [Sigma Draconis] and [House Zar]
  • Duccea
    Duccea
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, exact same error message. I had issues logging in, then it was fine for a while until I went for a dungeon and got kicked off the loading screen.
    I then was unable to log in for a while and after finally making it in, I got promptly kicked off the next loading screen again.

Others in the group are having the same issues and we've been trying for 40 minutes now to get that pledge run startet since someone always randomly gets booted from the game and then can't log back in for some time.
    Options
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Error 108 indicates that there is an issue with connectivity, as you both have mentioned. So that we can narrow down the possibilities of what exactly is going on, do you both mind trying some basic troubleshooting for us?
    1. Add eso.exe, the launcher, and account.elderscrollsonline.com as exceptions to your firewall and anti-virus software.
    2. If you're still getting booted or seeing error 108, configure your router to open the following outbound ports:
      • TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
      • TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507
      • TCP / UDP Ports 24300 through 24331
      Please also note that Ports 80 and 443 should be open to allow general HTTP and HTTPS access.

Additionally @Duccea‌, can you let us know which dungeon you and your groupmates are getting kicked from? And are you also playing on the EU server? Please let us know if the steps didn't resolve the issue and we'll gladly continue troubleshooting!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Duccea
    Duccea
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_TristanK‌
    We were trying to enter Fungal Grotto for today's veteran pledge. We finally managed to do this after about 50 minutes and people getting randomly kicked from loading screen.

The exo.exe and launcher are already excepted from my firefall, but I'll redo the exceptions just to be safe. I'll also check if those ports you mentioned are open before playing next time and will let you know if that helped.

Thanks for the suggestions!
    Options
  • Harleyquincey
    Harleyquincey
    ✭✭✭
    Update:
    It does actually seem to be on our side and related to a big ISP down here in Germany that is having quite some performance issues. Wasn't showing up as that earlier since the transfer rate when we tested the connection was excellent. Checking more into this, we found out that this does not hold up for a long time and drops significantly (and randomly).

Consider this solved :)
    EU Server
    Clavius Lydoris Probus - Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Co-Founder of [Black Manticore Brigade]
    Proud member of [Sigma Draconis] and [House Zar]
    Options
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, thanks for letting us know, @Harleyquinceyeb17_ESO. Hope the ISP issue gets resolved soon (or has already been resolved). @Duccea, are you and your teammates still having issues when you try and run dungeons?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Duccea
    Duccea
    ✭✭✭
    No, we've been able to run dungeons fine since the issues on the 21st. I suppose they were also linked to those German ISP issues during the weekend. :)
    Options