The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dodge Chance - Set Bonus vs Shuffle, Do They Stack?

• lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So no more news on this then? Do they stack properly or not Zos? Come on work with us a bit here.
    Options
  • Merrak
    Merrak
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, I don't believe they will continue to enlighten their players on how to gear/spec properly. Especially with 1.6 looming around the corner.
    Merrak | Templar Main
    The Descendants | NA Server | Daggerfall Covenant
    Options
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see an explanation of exactly what
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    ... dodge does indeed stack. We're unable to get into the specifics of each ability interaction, but the dodge stat doesn't go to waste.
    really means. It's truly apalling that a statement like this stands. ZOS ought to explain to us how our abilities are supposed to work. Failing to do that is just covering for their unwillingness/inability to make those abilities work as they ought.

All of the abilities offering passive dodge are of patheticly low value. 15% would be an acceptable passive in the medium armor line, but it's an active skill. The only way we could get enough passive dodge to make a real difference would be to stack at least 2 sources, but we can't do that because they don't actually stack, no matter what arcane and inexplicable funny business they claim is going on behind the curtain in the interaction of these bonuses.

dodge does stack, we don't know how, therefore aliens
    ManIwishyouknew_zps307d8ea4.jpg
    Options
  • Merrak
    Merrak
    ✭✭✭
    0njn84dpc8c1.jpg

With Update 1.6 out on the PTS, I have decided to revisit my fun little confusion thread to see if if there was any headway...and I do have good news to report!

To get a random result, I would stop around 30 dodged attacks to see where I was, then recount what I had. The results are impressive. I'm certain there is still a bit of RNG here, but I imagine you will find similar numbers even after 1000 hits.

Here are the basics...

Evasion Only - Attempt 1
    • 160 Total Attempted Attacks
    • 31 Dodged Attacks
    • 19.38% of attacks dodged

Evasion Only - Attempt 2
    • 211 Total Attempted Attacks
    • 32 Dodged Attacks
    • 15.17% of attacks dodged

Hist Bark Blocking Only - Attempt 1
    • 164 Total Attempted Attacks
    • 31 Dodged Attacks
    • 18.90% of attacks dodged

Hist Bark Blocking Only - Attempt 2
    • 174 Total Attempted Attacks
    • 30 Dodged Attacks
    • 16.85% of attacks dodged

NOW it gets interesting...

Evasion + Hist Bark Blocking - Attempt 1
    • 123 Total Attempted Attacks
    • 31 Dodged Attacks
    • 25.20% of attacks dodged

Evasion + Hist Bark Blocking - Attempt 2
    • 143 Total Attempted Attacks
    • 33 Dodged Attacks
    • 23.08% of attacks dodged

Feel free to do your own testing, but I want to believe that this thread maybe made people aware that it wasn't working properly. :wink:
    Merrak | Templar Main
    The Descendants | NA Server | Daggerfall Covenant
    Options
  • seganku
    seganku
    Soul Shriven
    Now that these each grant Major Evasion, they shouldn't stack. Correct?
    Options