Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where's the KUTAs ???

Awetopsy1703
Awetopsy1703
✭✭
In the beginning my enchanting hireling would bring atleast 1 KUTA a week now i cant remember seeing 1 from a field run or hireling in many many weeks are they extinct ? or did the spammers max out the total number of them allowed ingame and just setting on them in the bank ?? who knows :neutral_face:
  • eserras7b16_ESO
    eserras7b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's less Kuta's now indeed but i've got to say that i Had too meny of them, doing legendary gliph was easy, now it's way harder
    Eptackt - Argonian Templar
    Belegrand - Redguard Nightblade
  • Kalman
    Kalman
    ✭✭✭✭
    I picked up a Kuta last night just outside of Davon's Watch (Cadwell's Gold vr6). I got one from one of my hirelings yesterday as well.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the beginning my enchanting hireling would bring atleast 1 KUTA a week now i cant remember seeing 1 from a field run or hireling in many many weeks are they extinct ? or did the spammers max out the total number of them allowed ingame and just setting on them in the bank ?? who knows :neutral_face:

First, do you have L3 in the Extraction Passive? If not, your not going to get a Kuta from your Hireling

Second, is your Hireling L3? If not then your chances of getting a Kuta is basically nill, even with the Extraction at L3.

I get between 2 and 6 Kutas a week from my Hireling, the rest a mix of Green, Blue and Purple in roughly equal proportions. Since a couple days after the patch that helped with Enchanting Inspiration I have amassed 28 Kuta's, 27 of them from my hirelings.

I have found maybe 3 Kuta's in the world in over 800 hours of playing. Granted, I am not one that farms Rune Nodes unless I happen to see one as I go along.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been getting Kuta and Rekuta, not all the time, but often enough to say they are in there.

I just need about a dozen to level up enchanting to level40.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Awetopsy1703
    Awetopsy1703
    ✭✭
    Hmm im not sure i have level 3 hirelings on 2 of my VR14 toons for enchanting and in the beginning i got plenty of KUTAs but for some reason i havent gotten one in a very long time , im one of those that stops at every aspect rune pod and its usually a TA or other but never a KUTA .
    I figured it might be like the rare motifs that are one patch really plentiful then next they are rare . Guess i need to go to the temples and pray harder lol :smiley:
  • tengri
    tengri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3/3 Hireling does deliver... maybe 3 or 4 per week on average, I dont really count here. But it happens.

I step on the breaks for every red glowing rune thingy... havent got a Kuta from there in weeks though. But it happened before.

And dont forget to pick up every heavy sack you stumble upon - could be a very nice surprise in those indeed... and it did happen just last week: 2 Kuta in one sack! (*) (*)
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I am still getting Kuta from my hireling, it's been with greater infrequency for at least a month. Went from 2-4/week to 0-1/week. I did just get a Kuta from a rune yesterday, but those drops also seem more rare. Not only that, but my provisioning hireling brings me way too many grapes, hop, and other common items, while tomato and oats are more rare than they used to be. Just saying. Could just be RNG, but if it's happening to lots of players, maybe something is up.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As someone who flips Kuta and Rekuta on the markets, I've noticed both dropping in price over the last few weeks. You personally may not be receiving as many from hirelings, but it's never been cheaper to buy one if you need it.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Awetopsy1703 I noticed the same thing after the v1.5 update when I respec'd points out of Rune Extraction. I've had the 3/3 hireling for some time, and there was a bug (I thought it was fixed) where if you didn't have points in Extraction, the hireling would *NOT* deliver Kuta. I put points back in yesterday, and the 2nd delivery had a Kuta in it. This could be RNG, of course, but it seems suspect.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ Would you please verify the hireling Kuta bug was resolved (e.g., to get Kuta, you don't need points in Extraction) in v1.4.5?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    As someone who flips Kuta and Rekuta on the markets, I've noticed both dropping in price over the last few weeks. You personally may not be receiving as many from hirelings, but it's never been cheaper to buy one if you need it.

That's probably from the Enchanting Writs. If you luck out and don't get Map III, then you can get 4 Rekuta/Kutas for each writ. If you get Map III, then bring a friend or two or be able to handle 6 VR11 Wasps with 5500 Health each.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have got more KUTA this week (12) from fishing, then I have from hirelings or harvesting (including surveys) (3)

Random is random tho and some weeks are good, others bad
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've got 2 level 3 hirelings... I have yet to get more than 1 Kuta a month.
    Vehemence
  • alkoriak
    alkoriak
    ✭✭✭
    It's been almost a whole week where all my characters have no Kuta's at all and most of the time not even an aspect rune. And all have 3/3 hireling and aspect extraction. I don't think it's RNG, it's most probably a side effect of some variables in the last patches. It's to the point that I'm considering distributing those 6 skill points elsewhere ...
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About every 4th delivery on my Enchanter. Everything but the visual nonsense, as I can see em' across a valley.

My VR9 main picks em' up fairly often in Craglorn, couple of times a week at least.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haven't seen one from a hireling for a very long time now (two months).

I'm far more likely to get no Aspect rune at all, from a hireling who keeps telling me they are giving me the best materials :(
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My VR9 main picks em' up fairly often in Craglorn, couple of times a week at least.

Methinks you confuse KUTA with TA :P Sooo many of us call Craglorn The Land of the Ta!

Glad someone gets Kuta there.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Islyn wrote: »

Methinks you confuse KUTA with TA :P Sooo many of us call Craglorn The Land of the Ta!

Someone must be finding them, or demand has really dropped off. Back around the raise to VR14 Kuta and Rekuta would sell for over 4,000 and 1,000, and you could sell them in a day if you priced less than that. Last month Kuta started sitting on the market at 3000 and Rekuta at around 800. Today if you are looking to unload them fast, mid 2000s and under 700 is what you're looking at. But I can still get 3000 for Kuta, and a solid 700 (at least in an AD kiosk) for Rekuta if I'm willing to wait a few days.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fair enough - but I think it is:
    • More people are geared - and do not need.
    • More people have maxed enchanting/have hirelings.

Do you think that may account for the difference?
    Edited by Islyn on November 24, 2014 2:29PM
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fair enough - but I think it is:
    • More people are geared - and do not need.
    • More people have maxed enchanting/have hirelings.

Do you think that may account for the difference?
    The max geared is more likely, though I don't know what quality the new monster sets people have been hunting drop as.

Since these are components and not glyphs, more maxed enchanters would actually increase demand. I suggested hirelings earlier, another poster said surveys maps, so I don't know.

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haven't seen one from a hireling for a very long time now (two months).

I'm far more likely to get no Aspect rune at all, from a hireling who keeps telling me they are giving me the best materials :(

I'm still getting them, but not very often, I got a rekuta yesterday, and a Kuta on Friday.

I also just picked up a kuta in the field, not really that relevant, but I'll be using it tomorrow with a level 9 potency rune, just so I get a bigger amount of XP when I finally get the last rune identified and get a new dye. :grinning:
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're still dropping. Just this past week I remember commenting out loud to myself "Yowza, I've been on a roll lately" when I received Kutas more often than I'm accustomed to.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Someone must be finding them, or demand has really dropped off. Back around the raise to VR14 Kuta and Rekuta would sell for over 4,000 and 1,000, and you could sell them in a day if you priced less than that. Last month Kuta started sitting on the market at 3000 and Rekuta at around 800. Today if you are looking to unload them fast, mid 2000s and under 700 is what you're looking at. But I can still get 3000 for Kuta, and a solid 700 (at least in an AD kiosk) for Rekuta if I'm willing to wait a few days.
    Perhaps demand for Kuta has dropped because more players realize the very small gain between Kuta and Rekuta is not worth all the extra gold.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Taself
    Taself
    ✭✭✭
    Get Kuta's regular from my hireling's, usually at least 3 a week. Then find a few as well. People still want them as well sold 20 in a guild store last weekend for 4k each. Sold same day I put them up. Have been seeing them sell for over 5k at times. Nice little earner when you get them.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I didn't want to believe but...

I hadn't had a Kuta since the change to extraction. RNG I kept telling myself.

But yesterday I bit the bullet and spent three precious points.

First delivery Rekuta, then today Kuta.

Again, too early to say if it's not RNG, but it's very suspicious.

Interestingly, I have yet to see any benefit when deconstructing glyphs...
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »

Perhaps demand for Kuta has dropped because more players realize the very small gain between Kuta and Rekuta is not worth all the extra gold.
    Which would be a plausible theory, but as you'll note from my post you quoted, Rekuta has fallen as much if not more so.
  • whsprwind
    whsprwind
    ✭✭✭
    I have 8 enchanter hirelings - all passives in the Enchanting line except hireling passive 2/3

I get about 1-2 Kuta a day
    Most i got was 4 Kuta a day
    Very rarely do I not get a single one for a day.

Hireling 2/3 > Hireling 3/3
    NA(PC) - EP
    - Dragon Knight Amuro X

"Of course you're a victim... what are you going to do about it? Transcend your own suffering and be a good person!" -jbp
  • Skullemainia
    Skullemainia
    ✭✭✭
    Or I'm lucky or I'm a verry good finder but I have a VR3 char. and I loot every sack, every chest, every whatsoever I come across and I find KUTA almoust every day. (and I play +- 2hours a day) ;)
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I get em' often enough to use them on a regular basis. There are some things that just sing with a Kuta involved.
  • Jagath
    Jagath
    ✭✭✭
    I found two in a heavy bag just yesterday. Plus my hirelings bring them at least once every 3 or 4 days.
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just picked up 2 in a heavy bag in The Hall of Dead, about a minute after finding a Imperial motif there :)

I reckon ive been getting 2 kuta a week for the last few weeks.
    Edited by Shader_Shibes on December 7, 2014 1:03AM