The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

I just did my LAST wood/cloth/smith writ - warning too all

• diabeticDemon18
    diabeticDemon18
    ✭✭✭
    Garetth wrote: »
    Those proposed changes are just a bunch of bull crap. They will never be implemented.

Survey reports have 5 times better chance to give a Nirncrap stone Huh? Well if my math is correct 5 x 0 is still 0.

I have literally framed 1000's of nodes in Craglorn and have never seen a nirncrap stone. If I hadn't seen one for sale in a guild trader outlet I would say you were lying about their existence.

You folks are just plain loony!

5 x 0 may still be zero... but 5 x 0.05 is 0.25 ;)
  • Garetth
    Garetth
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL 5% chance! Then you woke up :)
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We first introduced Crafting Writs and Survey Reports in Update 5. Our primary goal for this system is to provide an alternate, rewarding way to level up your crafting skills. The major incentive to complete writs is intended to be the large chunk of inspiration you receive—which we do recognize isn't as valuable to those of you who have already maxed out your crafting skills. So far, we've taken a few measures to improve writs and their rewards (especially for max-level crafters), such as increasing the gold modifier on the quests. You should always gain money per completed writ.

When we released the system, it contained a bug that resulted in Blacksmithing Survey Report nodes yielding Nirncrux trait stones at a 100% rate (significantly higher than intended) and Clothier Survey Report nodes yielding them at a 0.05% rate (much lower than intended). The other Survey Reports were yielding Nirncrux trait stones at the correct rate.

We've since fixed the bug so that all Survey Report nodes have the same chance to contain Nirncrux trait stones. This, the intended rate, is five times greater than that of regular nodes. We want the Nirncrux trait stones to be rare, but for Survey Report nodes to provide a higher chance for you to get them. We are reading your feedback about the current drop rate and will take your thoughts into consideration as we go forward.

Right now, we're discussing a number of changes and improvements to the Crafting Writ system. None of these are set in stone, but we'd like to share some of our thoughts with you. One change we’re considering is raising that number for Crafting Writ rewards by adding a chance to score boosters (resins, tempers, tannin, etc.) for completing writs. We've also been talking about lowering the total number of items you need to make for Woodworker, Clothier, and Blacksmith Writs, based on your feedback.

Long term, we'd also like to add Master Crafting Writs, which would be tailored and exclusively available to players that are at maximum crafting ranks. The Master Crafting Writs would be befitting of those who are masters of their chosen craft and would require the creation of powerful items for special rewards.

We've also seen your feedback about the overall difficulty of reaching Craglorn Survey Reports, and are planning to make adjustments. We want writs to be a positive, fun experience.

We hope this helps explain our intent for Crafting Writs, what we've changed so far, and where we hope to go with them. We'd love to hear your thoughts.

How about looking into the fact that Enchanting Writs use bloody Kura's every single time, which are extremely rare cause for some reason Craglorn wants to drop Rekura's more often then the VR10-14 Potency Runes.
  • Unknown_poster
    Unknown_poster
    ✭✭✭
    Those proposed changes are just a bunch of bull crap. They will never be implemented.

Survey reports have 5 times better chance to give a Nirncrap stone Huh? Well if my math is correct 5 x 0 is still 0.

I have literally framed 1000's of nodes in Craglorn and have never seen a nirncrap stone. If I hadn't seen one for sale in a guild trader outlet I would say you were lying about their existence.

As of right now, nirncrux drop from bs, cloth, and wood nodes in Upper craglorn only. If you're farming lower you are never going to get a crux. I spent a couple weekends farming crux right after their release learning all the different spawn points and so on just making circle after circle. Fighting the same 4-5 people on farming at the same time as me for a race to the nodes.

The rate I found was about one of either type every 3-4 hours of constant circling in upper craglorn only. Sometime I would get one in 5 minutes, sometimes in 6 hours. Just like mileage, your rng may vary. Good luck, because it looks like they plan on making 9 trait crafting the gate to any future high level set crafting. Want to make those 10 trait sets next year? Well you get to stop and farm for hours on end to get what you need to make stuff to research the 9th trait that will get you there. Thank god I will be done with all 9th traits by then.

A good way to track how many nodes you have actually farmed is to look at and keep track of the node farmed achievement. When nirncrux started I was at around 4k nodes farmed on the achievement, now just over 6k. I feels like I've done more, but thats just the mind-numbing part of farming setting in.
    Edited by Unknown_poster on November 19, 2014 10:14PM
  • Garetth
    Garetth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would rather find another game to play. Dragon Age arrives today so that is a start.
  • GunemCleric
    GunemCleric
    ✭✭✭
    We first introduced Crafting Writs and Survey Reports in Update 5. Our primary goal for this system is to provide an alternate, rewarding way to level up your crafting skills. The major incentive to complete writs is intended to be the large chunk of inspiration you receive—which we do recognize isn't as valuable to those of you who have already maxed out your crafting skills. So far, we've taken a few measures to improve writs and their rewards (especially for max-level crafters), such as increasing the gold modifier on the quests. You should always gain money per completed writ.

When we released the system, it contained a bug that resulted in Blacksmithing Survey Report nodes yielding Nirncrux trait stones at a 100% rate (significantly higher than intended) and Clothier Survey Report nodes yielding them at a 0.05% rate (much lower than intended). The other Survey Reports were yielding Nirncrux trait stones at the correct rate.

We've since fixed the bug so that all Survey Report nodes have the same chance to contain Nirncrux trait stones. This, the intended rate, is five times greater than that of regular nodes. We want the Nirncrux trait stones to be rare, but for Survey Report nodes to provide a higher chance for you to get them. We are reading your feedback about the current drop rate and will take your thoughts into consideration as we go forward.

Right now, we're discussing a number of changes and improvements to the Crafting Writ system. None of these are set in stone, but we'd like to share some of our thoughts with you. One change we’re considering is raising that number for Crafting Writ rewards by adding a chance to score boosters (resins, tempers, tannin, etc.) for completing writs. We've also been talking about lowering the total number of items you need to make for Woodworker, Clothier, and Blacksmith Writs, based on your feedback.

Long term, we'd also like to add Master Crafting Writs, which would be tailored and exclusively available to players that are at maximum crafting ranks. The Master Crafting Writs would be befitting of those who are masters of their chosen craft and would require the creation of powerful items for special rewards.

We've also seen your feedback about the overall difficulty of reaching Craglorn Survey Reports, and are planning to make adjustments. We want writs to be a positive, fun experience.

We hope this helps explain our intent for Crafting Writs, what we've changed so far, and where we hope to go with them. We'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thank you for the clear and detailed explanation and additional information. I appreciate it.

I will still hold off until a few things change as the rewards still do not fit the economy, i.e. I can make more gold selling the materials, but I see that there is hope that this may be enhanced in a future release for those of us who have long since mastered all crafts.
    Gunerm Cleric ~ Dragon Knight, Tank ~ vr14
    Cruleg Nimec ~ Dragon Knight, DPS ~ vr14
    Gunem Cleric ~ Templar, Heals ~ vr3
    Cleric Gunem ~ Sorcerer, TBD ~ vr1
    Daggerfall Covenant (only) ~ NA
    Guts n Glory & Guts n Glory EOC ~ Guildmaster ~ GnG ~ MMO Dark Guild
    Daggerfall Cosa Nostra ~ Founder ~ DCN ~ DC guild leaders only (no cross faction PvP guilds)
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What is your solution to my level 12 Sorc with 50 in Provisioning, who cant travel to Coldharbor to complete even ONE WRIT? Or my level 17 Enchanter/Alch who has to turn in at a level 40 zone? Why the heck did ZoS tie the level of the writ TURNIN to the level of the crafting skills instead of the level of the character? How about letting everyone turn in at their starter cities?
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Garetth
    Garetth
    ✭✭✭✭

As of right now, nirncrux drop from bs, cloth, and wood nodes in Upper craglorn only. If you're farming lower you are never going to get a crux. I spent a couple weekends farming crux right after their release learning all the different spawn points and so on just making circle after circle. Fighting the same 4-5 people on farming at the same time as me for a race to the nodes.

The rate I found was about one of either type every 3-4 hours of constant circling in upper craglorn only. Sometime I would get one in 5 minutes, sometimes in 6 hours. Just like mileage, your rng may vary. Good luck, because it looks like they plan on making 9 trait crafting the gate to any future high level set crafting. Want to make those 10 trait sets next year? Well you get to stop and farm for hours on end to get what you need to make stuff to research the 9th trait that will get you there. Thank god I will be done with all 9th traits by then.

A good way to track how many nodes you have actually farmed is to look at and keep track of the node farmed achievement. When nirncrux started I was at around 4k nodes farmed on the achievement, now just over 6k. I feels like I've done more, but thats just the mind-numbing part of farming setting in.

I didn't specify "Upper" Craglorn cause it goes without saying if you are try to get nirncrap stones.
  • Unknown_poster
    Unknown_poster
    ✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »

What is your solution to my level 12 Sorc with 50 in Provisioning, who cant travel to Coldharbor to complete even ONE WRIT? Or my level 17 Enchanter/Alch who has to turn in at a level 40 zone? Why the heck did ZoS tie the level of the writ TURNIN to the level of the crafting skills instead of the level of the character? How about letting everyone turn in at their starter cities?

You can port to Coldharbour at anytime by using travel to a guildie, grouping with a friend, or paying someone to group with you and take you there. The turn-in location is in the city even if you haven't restored the city yet. The turn in for pre vet level 50 writs is around 300g. You have missed their point in adding the crafting writs. They don't want people having lowbie crafting alts anymore, so they gate writ content so you actually have to work on said alts to make em viable. Post vet turn ins are in Belkarth, main lower crag city. The gold jumps to 600 at that time. But as many people above and below have posted or will post, most of the writs are money/time wasters for master crafters.

Edit* If I wasn't clear, "travel to" to coldharbour works on any level toon.
    Edited by Unknown_poster on November 19, 2014 10:51PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't want people having lowbie crafting alts anymore, so they gate writ content so you actually have to work on said alts to make em viable.

They fixed that in a recent patch. Now as long as you have the Material Passive, you can deconstruct higher level items for materials in order to make higher level items. Prior to this, you were always not able to pull the materials out of items you were way under leveled for. I think a patch reduced the range that you could pull out materials, but they did fix that issue so the Material Passive is what counts, not the character level. So, yes you can park a low level crafter some where and send them materials and loot from a high level character to work with.

They have also adjusted the drop off locations so that you are not quest or leveled locked from dropping off the writ. The only part that is leveled is the Crafting Surveys, or maybe they fixed that too, but not sure. However you can get the Inspiration and gold and other rewards for the writs, even if you are L1 if you can make the items needed for the writ

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Unknown_poster
    Unknown_poster
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    They don't want people having lowbie crafting alts anymore, so they gate writ content so you actually have to work on said alts to make em viable.

They fixed that in a recent patch. Now as long as you have the Material Passive, you can deconstruct higher level items for materials in order to make higher level items. Prior to this, you were always not able to pull the materials out of items you were way under leveled for. I think a patch reduced the range that you could pull out materials, but they did fix that issue so the Material Passive is what counts, not the character level. So, yes you can park a low level crafter some where and send them materials and loot from a high level character to work with.

They have also adjusted the drop off locations so that you are not quest or leveled locked from dropping off the writ. The only part that is leveled is the Crafting Surveys, or maybe they fixed that too, but not sure. However you can get the Inspiration and gold and other rewards for the writs, even if you are L1 if you can make the items needed for the writ

You want the best gold/rewards from the writs, you have to be vet. That's gating.
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad to hear they've got some things in the pipeline for master crafters, if they do what they're saying I will gladly jump back into the writ pool.

It would also be nice if these crafting writs would have a chance to drop dwemer frames or pages from the motif, and additionally any new styles or traits they introduce. Performing writs could be a nice way for crafters to get ahold of what they're after without having to grind a dungeon (this would obviously be slower than doing a grind but would provide an alternative.)
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom wrote: »

This is welcome news, but I have to wonder why this wasn't done in the first place. Didn't they realize how many players have already maxed out all crafts? And I'm anxious about what happens when they do implement Master Crafting Writs. If it goes the way they did the current system, we'll be asked to craft Legendary items for a chance at what......some gold, a sapphire if really lucky. I like the game, but have developed low expectations from ZOS when it comes to their improvements, and even less regarding their communication.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Garetth
    Garetth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fear not. It would take ZOS a full year to implement the stuff that Jessica is talking about. Longer if they want it to work correctly.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You want the best gold/rewards from the writs, you have to be vet. That's gating.

No it's not.

If you want the best loot and gold from a mob you have to be a vet taking down vet ranked mobs. This is a leveled game, that's the way it works. If that's your logic, then everything in the game is gated.

If you are a master crafter, you get the high end writs and the high end rewards no matter what your character rank. You can be an L10 doing L50 Crafting and L50 Crafting Writs, there is no gate. They did fix the issue that made you have to go to a place your character could not get to because of their level.

And, besides, if you want the most benefit from the writs then you have be leveling your crafter as it's the inspiration gains that are the most beneficial, not the gold and rewards. That is what is intended for the Writs if you read the post from Jessica further up on the page.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Unknown_poster
    Unknown_poster
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

No it's not.

If you want the best loot and gold from a mob you have to be a vet taking down vet ranked mobs. This is a leveled game, that's the way it works. If that's your logic, then everything in the game is gated.

If you are a master crafter, you get the high end writs and the high end rewards no matter what your character rank. You can be an L10 doing L50 Crafting and L50 Crafting Writs, there is no gate. They did fix the issue that made you have to go to a place your character could not get to because of their level.

And, besides, if you want the most benefit from the writs then you have be leveling your crafter as it's the inspiration gains that are the most beneficial, not the gold and rewards. That is what is intended for the Writs if you read the post from Jessica further up on the page.

A bowl of ice cream with a speck of [snip] n it, is still a bowl of ice cream with [snip] in it.

Moderator edit per our rules on profanity
    Edited by ZOS_TristanK on November 20, 2014 4:10PM
  • Sandmanninja
    Sandmanninja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    I like the crafting quests. It's a bit more gold, as if I would simply sell the materials and I get some mats and have a chance to get a ressource map. It's fun for me and I try to do them every day.

Nirncrux is garbage anyway, who wants this trait ? O.o

This "garbage trait" is worth something if it completes a 9-trait set, which gives you a double boon buff.

So, hardly worthless.
    [Hard Mode Dungeoneers] is recruiting all players of all levels for this new Guild.
    THIS IS A NEW-BUT-GROWING GUILD. We are focused on doing vet pledges, vet dungeons, getting achieves, & doing hard mode bosses.
    Most active GMT+10 (Australia time zone) in the afternoon Mon-Fri and all day Sat/Sun.
    Pst/email for info/invites.
  • Mordria
    Mordria
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just did my last writ, they (blacksmith, woodworking, and clothier writs) Blah bla bla..

@‌ZOS_JessicaFolsom (i do not have energy to find other names)

You don't have to do them. It's totally optional, but they are very useful for leveling trade skills. I wouldn't be crafting tier 6 glyphs so soon had this not been introduced.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normal upper craglorn nodes have a 0.25% chance of Nirncrux per node
    Now the surveys in upper craglorn have a 1.25% chance of Nirncrux per node

The writs are only worth your time (you do get your money back) if you are leveling the trade skill or want the achievement. I am sure they will add in master writs someday. The 100% chance of Nirncrux from black smiting surveys was nice but we all knew it was a bug.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I have literally framed 1000's of nodes in Upper Craglorn, all my survey reports are in Upper Craglorn and I have never seen a nirncrap stone. If I hadn't seen one for sale in a guild trader outlet I would say you were lying about their existence.

Have you done the quest to clear Skyreach Hold and defeat Exarch Arnoth? I was told in chat that nirncrux does not drop from nodes until you complete that quest. I have no idea if that is really true, though. Could be an urban legend.

Beyond that, though, I think drop rate is 1 in 400. So if you got none in 2000 nodes, that is unlucky, but certainly not a statistical impossibility. It is probably equivalent to a 10-game losing streak in sports. Not common, but they happen.
  • AssaultLemming
    AssaultLemming
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Jessica it's nice to know they are working on them because currently they are totally unviable at max level.

Suggestions for improvement:

Chance to reward with blue/purple/yellow motifs
    Chance to reward with much more gold (10k)
    Chance to reward with trait item for research including nirn
    Chance to reward with rosin/dreugh wax etc
    Chance to reward with weapon/armor enchantment that gives a unique look or effect
    Chance to reward an additional daily writ
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just as an idea, why not have the max level crafters gain a worthwhile amount of
    gold and or maybe resins. This way players max level get rid of excess mats and gain gold and tempers they can use to make better gear.
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
  • tehsa
    tehsa
    ✭✭✭
    @‌ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Those sound like nice ideas. However, most of the complaints in this thread adress the time to farm the resources to craft the gear needed for blacksmithing/woodworking/clothier crafting writs. So lowering the amount of required gear would be the most practical solution. Also from a role playing point of view it'd be nice if the game would provide you with more of the raw resources to begin with. They want you to craft things for them, they can give you the materials, right?

You could do that either by increasing the amount of nodes in the map locations (atm you get ~40-60 but only if you even get the map, so it's still a material loss), making the reward bags contain raw mats (I always deconstruct the ornate gear inside to get back some resources, the gold doesn't matter to me) or simply making the hirelings bring you more raw material (you usually get 0-4 per day per hireling, not counting trait stones and refining materials).

Personally I'd like the hirelings to bring more raw materials. Reason: usually you have the chain
    customer <- crafter <- supplier
    with hirelings maybe representing the supplier role.

You could say players can also be suppliers and making it a supply/demand relation with the market balancing itself, but that way we get players charging horrendous amounts of gold for something you get maybe a little gold back.

The enchanting/alchemy/provisioning writs are completely fine though. Maybe you could do a 50:50 chance for the enchanting writs to not only require only Intensify runes but also reducing ones.
    The idea to include legendary materials in master crafting writs sounds great.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can do three material writs per day. There is maybe 30% drop rate of survey reports. By doing three writs i may get one report per day, which gives me about ten nodes. So chance for a crux per day is 12.5%. That means i get one crux maybe once per week.

Compare that to my average of two cruxes per day when i did dedicated farming in upper Craglorn. The writ nodes need 20% drop rate of crux to get same yield as farming.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • PatchMax
    PatchMax
    ✭✭
    Have you done the quest to clear Skyreach Hold and defeat Exarch Arnoth? I was told in chat that nirncrux does not drop from nodes until you complete that quest. I have no idea if that is really true, though. Could be an urban legend.

My main (VR2) hasn't done that quest and just yesterday I got a nirncrux from a voidstone node in Upper Craglorn. So the urban myth suspicion seems confirmed. Could be a lot of the nirncrux rumours and frustrations ultimately come down to it simply being a very rare drop.
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that crafting writs initially counted towards your total quests (achievement requires 1000 to be completed), but since the latest patch not even that works...so i no longer have even that excuse to do the writs.

100 voidstone used for one emerald in return....d'oh

and who wants all those repair kits anyway?
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We first introduced Crafting Writs and Survey Reports in Update 5. Our primary goal for this system is to provide an alternate, rewarding way to level up your crafting skills. The major incentive to complete writs is intended to be the large chunk of inspiration you receive—which we do recognize isn't as valuable to those of you who have already maxed out your crafting skills.

I have been telling people that, and they keep saying where did I get that info from. Now at least I can say you've said it, thanks.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a lvl 39 crafter with lvl 36 enchanting. A completed writ brings me 1/10th of needed XP for next enchanting level. Which means I would have to do 10 of them to progress my enchanter for 1 level. I know it's supposed to be an alternate way of leveling up our crafting skills, but it is definitely not rewarding. At least according to the amount of inspiration we receive.
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    drschplatt wrote: »
    I figured out they were a waste of time after I did my first one, wasted 100 raw materials got a load of useless crap as a reward and decided never to do one ever again.

I guess you can get a nirncrux thing or two from them, but really just wait a few weeks and they'll be cheap to buy if you can get them from question/farming. It's much more valuable to make use of the raw materials to earn money rather than hoping you get lucky with a reward.

the idea is to find a survey report which leads you to 40-50 raw resource, that way you get more to refine hoping for gold matts.
    maybe if we only had to craft 2-4 instead of 6-9 items it would be not so frustrating.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Razzak wrote: »

I have a lvl 39 crafter with lvl 36 enchanting. A completed writ brings me 1/10th of needed XP for next enchanting level. Which means I would have to do 10 of them to progress my enchanter for 1 level. I know it's supposed to be an alternate way of leveling up our crafting skills, but it is definitely not rewarding. At least according to the amount of inspiration we receive.

Hey for enchanting 1/10th is good, but yeah I get what you're saying, it just doesn't work out a sworth the time and effort put in, it's not fun, especially as we run around like headless chickens looking for the mats.

Personally I would get another character to do enchanting, that way you can swap glyphs and get more exp.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule