The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Xp and Grouping, solo duo and party

like1tiger
like1tiger
✭✭✭
Hi all
Just wanted to put a question out there and ask
Why do you get more xp per kill on mob with a 2 people party? but less with 3 and even less with 4?
example
I have been grinding my alt through to 50
Killing one Ogre alone not in a party 148xp
Killing one Ogre in a party with a friend 180xp (198xp with mara)
Killing one Ogre in a party of 3 128xp
Killing one Ogre in a party of 4 98xp
(think the figures are aprox right not at home to check going of memory)

The more people you have the less you get. Now i thought it was a certain amount of xp per kill and it was shared but it doesn't explain the xp gain when in a party of 2 ppl, we used a ring of Mara and that gave us more xp when duo which is expected with the 10% increase in xp.

You don't have to actually be in a party if 3 people ungrouped kill the mob the xp goes down by in the same way as if you were grouped.
Has anyone else tested this. It seems its much better to take one friend grinding then it is 2 take 2 as your then get less XP.

TLDR anyone in a party bigger then 2 people is leeching XP?.
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the issue pretty often that a arse sticks on me and my friend and just stalks us all day to leech xp and we get way less! They follow us everywhere.
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    like1tiger wrote: »
    Hi all
    Just wanted to put a question out there and ask
    Why do you get more xp per kill on mob with a 2 people party? but less with 3 and even less with 4?
    example
    I have been grinding my alt through to 50
    Killing one Ogre alone not in a party 148xp
    Killing one Ogre in a party with a friend 180xp (198xp with mara)
    Killing one Ogre in a party of 3 128xp
    Killing one Ogre in a party of 4 98xp
    (think the figures are aprox right not at home to check going of memory)

The more people you have the less you get. Now i thought it was a certain amount of xp per kill and it was shared but it doesn't explain the xp gain when in a party of 2 ppl, we used a ring of Mara and that gave us more xp when duo which is expected with the 10% increase in xp.

You don't have to actually be in a party if 3 people ungrouped kill the mob the xp goes down by in the same way as if you were grouped.
    Has anyone else tested this. It seems its much better to take one friend grinding then it is 2 take 2 as your then get less XP.

TLDR anyone in a party bigger then 2 people is leeching XP?.

Had this issue recently and just to make sure we weren't going insane we tried it solo, in a 2-man group and a 3-man group.

So you are absolutely right and it certainly make no sense whatsoever.
  • like1tiger
    like1tiger
    ✭✭✭
    yea its crazy so if you are actually grouping up in 4 man groups like you are supposed to do u will be losing half your xp on every mob
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    like1tiger wrote: »
    yea its crazy so if you are actually grouping up in 4 man groups like you are supposed to do u will be losing half your xp on every mob

I'm not sure about the specific numbers, but that makes sense. Grouping is meant to let you complete quests and kill more stuff faster. It also allows you to defeat bosses which would be impossible to take on alone. Your XP gained per normal enemy should suffer a little bit in order to account for your greatly increased speed and efficiency.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not suffering a little bit, and you get more if you have some help, but not a lot.

I think the whole no Kill Steals is out

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/139954/dungeon-experience-depends-on-number-of-players
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ohioastro
    Ohioastro
    ✭✭✭✭
    You kill mobs far, far, far faster in a group of 4 than solo. It's an amazingly efficient way to level up with the current setup. You arguably "lose" in sparse locations with limited mobs, but you gain a ton in being able to plow through triples and more effortlessly, as opposed to having to work slowly to deal with them solo.
  • like1tiger
    like1tiger
    ✭✭✭
    Ohioastro wrote: »
    You kill mobs far, far, far faster in a group of 4 than solo. It's an amazingly efficient way to level up with the current setup. You arguably "lose" in sparse locations with limited mobs, but you gain a ton in being able to plow through triples and more effortlessly, as opposed to having to work slowly to deal with them solo.

Guessing in dungeons that would be good

When Grinding it gets more annoying.

The biggest problem is having people not in your group "Tag" the mobs and run of helping themselves to the xp while you do all the work though. This happens quite a bit. quite annoying

Have u tried grinding in a group of 4? in a group of 2 you can easily keep up with the mob spawns therefore anything over 2 doesn't help at all just lowers efficiency.

I know its grinding and a lot of people don't approve but there is actually people that enjoy to lvl from 1-50 this way especially when some of us are levelling out 4th characters

Edited by like1tiger on November 17, 2014 10:28PM