The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We are currently investigating connection issues some players are having on the North American megaservers. We will update as new information becomes available.

Dungeon Experience Depends on Number of Players?

Nestor
Nestor
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
OK, I was in Sanguine's Demesne with my VR4 Sorcerer tonight and noticed something weird. The first 3 Mob Groups I fought solo, and they were 6 X VR3 Daedra, gave me 600 points of experience for each group of mobs. I took down a Boss Solo and got 600 points for that. So, 2400 points for 3 mob groups and a Boss.

Then, someone else showed up so I did a tag a long, not grouped, the experience gained was much higher. Both of us were doing damage to the mobs and Bosses. I did not write the numbers down for each encounter as I wanted to keep up with this other player. But I gained about 33,000 points total taking out the other 5 Bosses and various mobs along the way. I did not grind the mobs just the ones along the way to each Boss. Can anyone else test this, doing a mob group solo and then with another player or two and see if I was just experiencing a glitch or not?
Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Robocles
    Robocles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have an EP VR toon, I will gladly test this with you.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robocles wrote: »
    If you have an EP VR toon, I will gladly test this with you.

I am an AD doing the VR instance of EP

Edited by Nestor on November 14, 2014 4:54AM

Options
  • like1tiger
    like1tiger
    ✭✭✭
    For all grinding that we have been testing you get a base rate solo and that gets upped but about 10-15% in a duo group but it drops once u add a 3rd person.

example grinding ogres you get 158 solo, 186 in a duo and 135 in a group of 3. in a group of 4 is its 98 and in a group of 5 its 68, you don't have to actually be in a group for it to effect the xp.. If you have 3 people killing the same mob the xp drops.
    Edited by like1tiger on November 14, 2014 5:04AM
    Options
  • AssaultLemming
    AssaultLemming
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is really stupid if true. Why the heck does a duo get increased xp?
    Options
  • G0ku
    G0ku
    ✭✭✭✭
    it´s true. you get most exp out of being duo with no leechers around.

example ice atronarch spellscar:

solo: 972 exp
    duo: 992 exp
    with non-grouped leecher around who starts hitting the atronarch too: 870 exp
    - First AD EU Group to finish DSA VET -
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 30 - EU - DSA Conqueror (pre-nerf) flawless vMSA
    AD Argonian V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 15
    AD Bosmer V16 Nightblade Alliance Rank 16
    AD Kahjiit V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 10
    AD Dunmer V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 9
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10 - flawless vMSA
    DC Altmer V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 9 - flawless vMSA
    AD Breton V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10
    AD Altmer V16 Sorceress Alliance Rank 21
    AD Kahjiit Warden
    AD Altmer Nightblade
    Options
  • like1tiger
    like1tiger
    ✭✭✭
    Its defiantly true. I don't solo grind anymore I always grab another person who is soloing or a mate because u defiantly get more in a duo and less any other way.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NVM
    Edited by Nestor on November 17, 2014 1:19PM

Options
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I noticed when I installed "CombatCloud" is that against some opponents I get 4 points of XP and for others that were the same critter at the same level I was getting 42 points of XP. This puzzled me so I started testing what was different in the combats (I ended up with a lot of rawhide).

So, for a heavy attack followed by a killing strike, which had been my usual fight I got 4XP. For a light magicka attack+light stamina attack+defense then kill, and heal I got 42XP. Apparently you get punished for killing opponents quickly. I haven't tested it enough to see how few actions I can get away with but I think that using the action bar rather than the weapon earns more XP

Are you certain that you weren't fighting differently when paired up?
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is Finesse in the game, and if you apply a rotation, including blocking at the right time (not holding it up but using it when you need it), bashing and interrupting along with the skills you get more exp. Just spamming one skill you get the least amount. So, I use a rotation and block and interrupt when I can, so most of the time I am getting the finesse bonus.

However people sometimes tend to favor one skill over others when there is more than one person so there could be some truth to this. I still tend to keep to my rotation as I don't want to lose my timing and rhythm. I need all the help I can get with rhythm.

In any event, going from 600 points no matter what the mob was, boss or otherwise, to getting 33,000 points for the entire dungeon is significant. No way did I kill 55 mob groups as the one I was following had a boss map so we were pretty much on a path and we did not have to wait for spawns. I figured I killed about 25 to 30 mob groups when I was paired up and I FT out of the dungeon when I was done, did not fight my way back.

Options
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    There is Finesse in the game, and if you apply a rotation, including blocking at the right time (not holding it up but using it when you need it), bashing and interrupting along with the skills you get more exp.

In any event, going from 600 points no matter what the mob was, boss or otherwise, to getting 33,000 points for the entire dungeon is significant.

I know about finesse but not everyone who reads the forums does, if I had just said "finesse" it would only have meant something to those who know about it. I actually got CombatCloud because of a thread discussion about "finesse" and wanted to see how it worked (and because the jpg looked sort of cool ;) ). You have just helped spread the word ;).

You're right in regards to the XP even if it was difference between using finesse and not having done so, the scaling would be a multiplier of 10 not 100, and I missed that. My bad.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
    Options
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why the new farms in Craglorn are player in pairs farming elementals
    Options