Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Little white box or something popping up on screen

• JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    It looks like a loading icon to me when it pops up, kind of like a timer or clock.
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
    Options
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night, I had a little error box pop up saying something about a C+++ error and the game crashed. Not sure if related to the one everyone in the thread is seeing or not, but it was the first time I'd gotten that kind of crash/error.
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
    Options
  • Sahtiva
    Sahtiva
    Soul Shriven
    Where are you all seeing this? Is it a specific keep?

This happens to me, it's a small white box that flashes at the bottom right of my screen. It only happens when I'm loading a new screen.
    Lady Stark of Winterfell ~ VR14 Templar ~ Daggerfall NA ~ Eminent Gaming
    Options
  • Loneshard
    Loneshard
    ✭✭✭
    JaJaLuka wrote: »
    It looks like a loading icon to me when it pops up, kind of like a timer or clock.

Yes, something like that.
    Options
  • Lukeh Shadyvale
    Lukeh Shadyvale
    ✭✭✭
    Yep it only happens when running over friendly flags. Same place, size and icon as the taking flag icon. It pops up quickly then goes away almost as if it's determining the status of flag then realizing it's friendly and hides again.
    Lukeh Shadyvale | V14 Bosmer Templar | Ebonheart Pact | EU Nowhere
    Cyrodiil is only good for fishing.
    Options
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Me also. As I'm mostly in PvP, that's where I see it. White box as described above.

Mostly I notice it when I leave one of the smaller floor plan captures, like Sejanus and Bleakers, but only through the main door. I can't think if I've seen it anywhere else.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Options
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep seeing a random white box popping up on my screen for like a half of a second and it causes stutter when it pops up for a second, (worse than the normal stutter the game has....). I cant seem to get a screenshot of it fast enough. I notice it mainly when I am opening up a keep door in PvP I think..

Same problem but my game never stutters you should get a better computer.
    Where are you all seeing this? Is it a specific keep?

So, for me it happens only in AvA but not near any flags. It is quite random, I will look for a pattern and get back to you if I find one, however it is a very random intermediary.

I too believed it to be an addon initially but unless some of the above posters are being dishonest then it's not related to AvA or Addons.

I can tell you that it just started recently as of this month. GL!
    Oh that thing, I see it but doesn't flash at me, it stays on until I leave a certain area.

Then it's not what we are talking about, you are seeing the regular flag capture indicator near flags...
    Options
  • themizario
    themizario
    ✭✭✭
    Curious what the out come of this will be. Maybe solving this mystery will fix EVERY bug in game?!

Ah to dream....
    Options
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next time this happens try pressing the TAB key multiple times and see if it cycles.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
    Options
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen this as well, once or twice now. Only in Cyrodiil (thornblade) and while in a keep.
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To update, I'm seeing it in the space of the keep at the rear where the quartermaster is, and near the transit shrine when it's located at the font of a keep. I've also seen it passing out of the main gates of the keep, and leaving the area of a resource.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    Next time this happens try pressing the TAB key multiple times and see if it cycles.

It blips far to fast for that.

Update: It happened to me today while leaving an inner postern almost to the outer one we had just taken the keep.

Update 2: Just happened again as I left the SIDE postern at a keep, the keep had been ours for a while and was being sieged but not burst yet. It is larger than the flag capture icon and yes looks like a clock.

Update 3: Seige flagged, just came in front door was near back flag.
    Edited by kelly.medleyb14_ESO on November 23, 2014 3:35AM
    Options
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like it's a white boxed version of the new resource countdown that they added when you're taking PVP resources. It seems to flash up randomly and really really quickly.
    Edited by CapuchinSeven on November 23, 2014 4:27AM
    Options
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like it's a white boxed version of the new resource countdown that they added when you're taking PVP resources. It seems to flash up randomly and really really quickly.

It mostly happens to me while inside a keep travelling in between doors and breaches.
    Options
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see this once every time I log in and Im playing for a short period. I was worried it was a virus or something.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
    Options
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old visual bug they never bothered to patch. I think it looks silly and the length of time it's taking to fix reflects poorly on zos.
    Options
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thinks it's the keep ownership notifier you get, at least it's in the same area
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep seeing a random white box popping up on my screen for like a half of a second and it causes stutter when it pops up for a second, (worse than the normal stutter the game has....). I cant seem to get a screenshot of it fast enough. I notice it mainly when I am opening up a keep door in PvP I think..
    SoulScream wrote: »
    Here too! Mine is about 2"1" approx. and centered bottom middle of screen.
    Yeah it is defintley not just PVP and addons are most likely not the cause since some of the people experiencing this issue have none installed.

Yup, I knew there was something I meant to ask about on the forums and forgot. It has what looks like a faint dark ring/circle in that white rectangle and for me it's more like an eighth or so of a second.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noticed that too... it sometimes happen. I feel like it is a notification window of some sort. Its a gold rim with a black surface and it pops up between frames sometimes.
    Sleep wrote: »
    I think it's a "capture the flag" indicator glitch becauce they're about the same size and at the same position on my screen. Those white boxes only show up when I get close to a friendly flag and then they disappear immediately.
    The box popping up is the new resource capture icon. It's annoying, so sick of beta testing.

No, no, no, it's a subliminal message that says "F2P is Cool!"
    Edited by tinythinker on January 6, 2015 10:17PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    Options
  • tspecherb14_ESO
    tspecherb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Saw it again last night in Cyrodiil while opening a keep door
    Options
  • FauxHunter
    FauxHunter
    ✭✭✭
    I often see the same white box at the base of Transitus shrines when I'm approaching them after entering a keep.

I believe I've seen this outside Cyrodiil when approaching a wayshrine, but I see this on Transitus shrines fairly consistently. I'll try to get a screenshot.
    -Orion Snow-Lichen
    Bosmer Hunting Warden
    Options
  • TGiordano92
    TGiordano92
    ✭✭✭
    Yup I still see this all the time, extremely annoying and sad that it has not been fixed yet.
    Options
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is the flag capture gauge just whited out normally happens when you ride past a node or go out a keep door were my thoughts effin annoying though!
    Options
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Little white box, split second it looks black with the ouroboros, been doing it in random places and times while in Cyrodiil since 1.5 update.
    Edited by Zorgon_The_Revenged on January 7, 2015 12:09AM
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Kind of like that, yeah. A white box with some clock-ish image at the bottom of the screen, slightly right of center, that flashes for a half-second. I actually assumed it's addon related and wasn't going to mention it, but it sounds like it maybe pretty widespread.

It happens frequently, usually shortly after a loading screen. I've noticed it in Cyrodiil, Craglorn, The Rift and Bangkorai. Maybe other places too but those are places I specifically remember.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    I received this white box in the middle of my screen since a few days. Think of loading something but it isn't. Don't get any errors or crashes. This box appears a few seconds at random locations; dungeons, Alliance War, PvE, ...
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
    Options