The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Suggestion] Variety of Music

EruEarendel
EruEarendel
Soul Shriven
Hello everyone,i would like to share my thoughts about the music of the game,first of all,i would like to clear out that i really love the music,cheers to Brad Derrick.But i have a concern about the variety of music in the game.

I want the cities and the areas of the game to feel more unique.If i am in the realm of Grahtwood i want some magical music with natural sounds that makes u dream.If i am at the northern cities of the Nords,i want the drums of war,and the general feel of Nordic culture etc,etc.

I would like to point out that i am aware that there are some different tracks on each of those cities.But what i really want is some Unique tracks,that even with eyes closed you will be aware on each city you are.I am talking about the big cities of the game ofc,and not every village of the game because that would be impossible.

Also the same goes for battle music,or the music when you do the main quest, for example i think Molag Bal deserves a unique music theme each time he appears.Not the same repeatable theme.

Basically what i am trying to say,is that i want unique music for each important part of the game,so when the years pass,i will listen to it and be filled with nostalgia."ooh,that was the final battle music,so epic.." "that's the music of King Emeric,what a storyline" etc.What makes a great music for video games,it's to stay in your head and be memorable,that's some part of the success of Nintendo games in general.Super Mario *bam* the music plays in your head,Legend of Zelda *bam* the music plays in your head.

So,i can see that the developers really care about making this game better,not only with new content but with rework of the old content (remake of delves etc.).Is there any chance for some rework on the music of the game? Would it be worth? or do you think the music is fine like this? maybe it would be just me after all... :)
Edited by EruEarendel on November 12, 2014 12:36PM
“Not only do we live among the stars, the stars live within us.”