Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Crafting motifs - Samurai

• nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a problem with the Akaviri style or culture in the ES universe, but I have a huge issue with people demanding "samurai" stuff in a fantasy game. There are plenty of games set in Japan that can sate your thirst for samurai action. This is not one of them.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the Akaviri look but like so many pieces of armor in this game the attributes they offer just aren't worth wearing it. There are actually a lot of good looking armors in the game but so many don't get worn because they are inferior in combat.
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Teiji wrote: »
    I do not like asian/chinese themes in my fantasy RPG games...there is a place for them for certain, but not in these games

planet_nirn___geographical__v2__by_hori873-d6h7sh0.png

The island to the east of the Pandomeic Ocean, is Akavir.
    "Akavir, also known as Dragon Land, is a continental landmass east of Tamriel. The two continents have a history of animosity towards each other, with Akavir invading Tamriel several times in the past and Tamriel invading Akavir at least once."

There's an entire continent which is, to a degree and extent, consists of cultures which are eastern, as posted previously the Akaviri are known to use the katana and use it well.

There would never be a "samurai" motif, there may potentially be a motif based on the culture of Akavir.

Except there is already akaviri style armor in PvP, so it almost certainly be a motif later on.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have not seen Akaviri gear yet, or even in the drops. Personally, I just want to use katanas, wakizashi, and tantos in game.
    All three plus the two-handed dai-katana were regular weapons of the first two games. I loved my dai-katana sword in TES II.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Arena:Base_Weapons

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Weapons
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • LostKuroichi666
    LostKuroichi666
    Soul Shriven
    Ok the katana is a style of sword not samurai and is japanese not chinese it has been in these games for as long as i can remember but just dismissing them for being chinese and eastern origins is a bit ridiculous the tes uses weapons from a number of cultures from our reality ie the redgaurds are quite obviously using middle eastern swords and clothing the nord use axe and iron plate armor the imperials have always used European style weapons and armor so your argument falls short and comparing sweet weaponary being add to game against the pile a crap kungfu panda dlc from wow really has no place that was a money grab try to cash in on the cartoon and it fell on its ass and kill the franchise( i think I've never played wow i couldn't afford it in its prime) i have also lost my point along the way here oh ok a style of weapon doesnt mean your going to have nord ninjas and if a weapons breaks your emersion then you werent very emeresed in the first place just take whats there and roll with it make it part of your rpg dont *** when the game doesnt meet your standards anyway thats my thoughts sorry if it annoys
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akiviri Armour
    Soul shriven swords. See pic
    Soul-Shriven-Rubedite-Sword.png
    Edited by Banana on March 24, 2017 11:33AM
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok the katana is a style of sword not samurai and is japanese not chinese it has been in these games for as long as i can remember but just dismissing them for being chinese and eastern origins is a bit ridiculous the tes uses weapons from a number of cultures from our reality ie the redgaurds are quite obviously using middle eastern swords and clothing the nord use axe and iron plate armor the imperials have always used European style weapons and armor so your argument falls short and comparing sweet weaponary being add to game against the pile a crap kungfu panda dlc from wow really has no place that was a money grab try to cash in on the cartoon and it fell on its ass and kill the franchise( i think I've never played wow i couldn't afford it in its prime) i have also lost my point along the way here oh ok a style of weapon doesnt mean your going to have nord ninjas and if a weapons breaks your emersion then you werent very emeresed in the first place just take whats there and roll with it make it part of your rpg dont *** when the game doesnt meet your standards anyway thats my thoughts sorry if it annoys

You replied to an almost three year old thread.

• ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    We've closed this thread as it is almost 3 years old. Please check the date on a thread before commenting and if it is not from this year please do not comment on it as it is considered to be a necro and we do not allow such things on The Elders Scrolls Online Official Forums.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.