The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Blockade of Fire - 6000 Damage in 1/2 of a second

Rylana
Rylana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So, for those of you whom I originally believed were just being clever users of a mechanic, I have now experienced what is an obvious exploit of this ability.

At a door pop (front door of glade) there was a single blue player present. A common member of a certain blue bomb group that "gives no quarter."

I stepped over the threshold, was across for less than half a second, paying close attention to floor effects and other ambiance. Dont claim I "just stood in it" because I did no such noob thing.

I was dead instantaneously. Death recap showing from the same exact player five ticks of 1200+ Blockade of Fire. Read that again, each entry in my death recap was for 1200, all five from the same person, and I had been at full health exactly 1/2 of a second before that.

There is no way legitimately to stack this much damage with this ability, and it isnt about "ticks stacking." It is plainly obvious youve found a way to apply the entirety of the damage instantly, there was no ticking, it was one massive blast of damage.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler‌

This ability needs to be forwarded to the combat team immediately, as there is currently a method of exponentially increasing the ability's damage. The exact mechanics to be determined, but what I just saw was no error, one player by themselves, put down a floor AOE DoT that applied its full damage instantaneously, without ticking at all.
Edited by Rylana on November 7, 2014 1:21AM
@rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also healing ward needs fixed.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    so this is the new instant kill bullcrap for the "elite" players to abuse?

just when I was thinking about coming back to PvP..... wonderful.

I wonder who discovered this crap.
    Edited by Cody on November 7, 2014 2:50AM
    Options
  • jkirchner71ub17_ESO2
    Rylana wrote: »
    So, for those of you whom I originally believed were just being clever users of a mechanic, I have now experienced what is an obvious exploit of this ability.

At a door pop (front door of glade) there was a single blue player present. A common member of a certain blue bomb group that "gives no quarter."

I stepped over the threshold, was across for less than half a second, paying close attention to floor effects and other ambiance. Dont claim I "just stood in it" because I did no such noob thing.

I was dead instantaneously. Death recap showing from the same exact player five ticks of 1200+ Blockade of Fire. Read that again, each entry in my death recap was for 1200, all five from the same person, and I had been at full health exactly 1/2 of a second before that.

There is no way legitimately to stack this much damage with this ability, and it isnt about "ticks stacking." It is plainly obvious youve found a way to apply the entirety of the damage instantly, there was no ticking, it was one massive blast of damage.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler‌

This ability needs to be forwarded to the combat team immediately, as there is currently a method of exponentially increasing the ability's damage. The exact mechanics to be determined, but what I just saw was no error, one player by themselves, put down a floor AOE DoT that applied its full damage instantaneously, without ticking at all.

I have sent numerous reports in along with player names and screenshots about it and yes it is an exploit of sorts. It is not a tick / damage over time that is hitting for 1k+ it is those who mastered the exploit of the skill and have figured out how to drop them in succession and have them "detonate" at once.

I keep hearing players say " you're the idiot who stood in it too long" or "l2p and dodge" but I can say from personal experience and from others around me who are very experienced PvPers these are nearly instant hits. Considering how many are now on the Blockade & Wall of Elements bandwagon in Cyro in all alliances we are all well aware of how to move out of it but when you are getting hit instantly for 1.2k to 2k+ well . . .

Edited by jkirchner71ub17_ESO2 on November 7, 2014 2:53AM
    MAIN
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Torroch, VR14 Orc DK Rank 22, Officer in Maelstrom
    Once again looking for an organized PvP guild to join - viva la Venatus

NON-PvP Alts
    Ebonheart Pact
    Torach, VR12 Orc Sorcerer, GM House of the Tamriel Ten
    Torrach, VR8 Orc Templar, House of the Tamriel Ten (older brother of Torach)
    Options
  • MormondPayne_EP
    MormondPayne_EP
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mmmmm I use this on my AOE bar but have yet to come across any bug in normal use.

I use the elemental blockage morph, in your experience Rylana was this the blockade or the explosive morph?
    Options
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it did 6000 damage in .5 seconds you would have taken a screenshot.
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pixysticks wrote: »

there is a screenshot of something like this in another thread I believe.

im honestly inclined to believe this without question. Iv seen similar things the last 6+ months.
    Options
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

there is a screenshot of something like this in another thread I believe.

im honestly inclined to believe this without question. Iv seen similar things the last 6+ months.

I really doubt it, in the other thread it was due to people standing in blockades and walls for full duration and not moving out of it. No one can really say for certain but I've never seen a wall do anything close to what OP was claiming.
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
    Options
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    next time it happens, screenshot it and show us please. Blank out most of the name except the first letter or the alliance rank so we can know that its the same person doing that "6k" damage.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im runnin around pvp with the new nvidia stream thing... if i see sth i like, i just hit a button and it'll save the past 5 minutes.

i'll record it if i get hit with one.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why can't we have real death logs in this game??
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Needed to be quoted again. Misunderstanding game mechanics is likely our problem here.
    Options
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you a vampire?
    Options
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you a vampire?

She is not.
    Options
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even if you stand in it the whole duration it cant do 2000+ Damage @screenshots in other thread
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
    Options
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    Even if you stand in it the whole duration it cant do 2000+ Damage @screenshots in other thread

You mean can right? Because it certainly can....
    Options
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People use to do the same thing with standard for the first month that death recaps came out. They would stand in it full duration then look at their death log and see 3k , then yell in zone chat to nerf DKs because they got 1-shot by a standard. DoT ground abilities are going to do more damage than abilities that do their full damage upfront, so if someone stacks 4 DoT AoEs on the ground and you stand in it for a few seconds, you will die.

It is only for the reason of tidiness that ZOS counts up all of the DoT damage from a single cast and is going to display it on your death recap as a single instance of damage.
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
    Options
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yes, it is a l2p issue, don't stand in the floor fire.... just think of it this way, when you were a kid you practiced this all the time by pretending the carpet/floor was lava (at least I did.... come to think of it maybe thats why this ability doesn't kill me).

Moderator note: Removed moderated quote
    Edited by ZOS_TristanK on November 7, 2014 8:57PM
    Options
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason people are on the "blockade train" is because they are getting wrecked by people who use it.

I will say exactly what I have said to members of our own alliance. Show me what happened. Screen shot it. Damage log it. Whatever.

Last night a DC pvper contacted me about a well known AD guild leader who runs blockade and has an infinity for subarus that "1 shot him".

I know this ad player is a legit and respectable player, as is the rest of his guild. He wasn't exploiting. It's something to do with damage logs.

We can easily fix this, show me a video of this. Im sure the sticky little dc player would be happy to sit down with you and test it.

Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The one, legitimate complaint about Blockade / Unstable Wall I can see is that you can have multiple of them out at a time for minimal cost.

Most of the ground effect DoTs in the game do not allow multiple versions of themselves from one caster. Caltrops, Cinder Storm, et al, all remove the original casting and re-center themselves if recast. Blockade/Wall should do the same.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
    Options
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one, legitimate complaint about Blockade / Unstable Wall I can see is that you can have multiple of them out at a time for minimal cost.

Most of the ground effect DoTs in the game do not allow multiple versions of themselves from one caster. Caltrops, Cinder Storm, et al, all remove the original casting and re-center themselves if recast. Blockade/Wall should do the same.

It costs a ton of magicka, you cannot constantly spam that ability like you can impulse, the added cost starts adding up fast. But if you could only have one down at a time it would be balanced as long as it didn't take up a slot on your bar. Sadly if it takes up a slot on your bar and you can only have one down at a time the ability would never be used.
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
    Options
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a good point though, the sorc ability lightning flood is useless because you can only have one of it down at a time.
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
    Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That is a good point though, the sorc ability lightning flood is useless because you can only have one of it down at a time.

Yet Cinder Storm and Caltrops both find places on bars in Cyrodiil all the time.

What would make Lightning Flood a useful ability while retaining that restriction, in your opinion?
    Options
  • Zintair
    Zintair
    ✭✭✭✭

It costs a ton of magicka, you cannot constantly spam that ability like you can impulse, the added cost starts adding up fast. But if you could only have one down at a time it would be balanced as long as it didn't take up a slot on your bar. Sadly if it takes up a slot on your bar and you can only have one down at a time the ability would never be used.

That's what it sounds like to me. If the ability lasts 4 (I can't recall exact time to blast) seconds you could theoretically prestack 4 of them and have them all pop and explode for tons of damage. I won't pretend there aren't people good enough to do this AND time it properly especially at a choke point like a breach.

.5 seconds realistically could be anywhere from .5-1.5 seconds.

Maybe the initial Dots took your shields down and when the abilities started exploding it was an insta gib?

The ability SHOULD reset every time you cast with NO explosion if you recast another before the first explodes.
    Edited by Zintair on November 7, 2014 7:11PM
    Vokundein
    Zintair aka Primetime - VR14 - Guild Leader and PvP Dept Leader

www.Legend-Gaming.net
    Options
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yet Cinder Storm and Caltrops both find places on bars in Cyrodiil all the time.

What would make Lightning Flood a useful ability while retaining that restriction, in your opinion?

It would have to offer some debuff or CC comparable to Caltrops/Cinder I think, those 2 abilities both have niche uses, where lightning flood just does below average damage.
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
    Options
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zintair wrote: »

That's what it sounds like to me. If the ability lasts 4 (I can't recall exact time to blast) seconds you could theoretically prestack 4 of them and have them all pop and explode for tons of damage. I won't pretend there aren't people good enough to do this AND time it properly especially at a choke point like a breach.

.5 seconds realistically could be anywhere from .5-1.5 seconds.

Maybe the initial Dots took your shields down and when the abilities started exploding it was an insta gib?

The ability SHOULD reset every time you cast with NO explosion if you recast another before the first explodes.

The exploding wall is called unstable, blockade lasts longer so you can stack more of them (about 4 max), but its only a DoT. There's really no way to die instantly to blockades unless you were standing on like 7 of them or something I think.
    Edited by Pixysticks on November 7, 2014 7:14PM
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
    Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It would have to offer some debuff or CC comparable to Caltrops/Cinder I think, those 2 abilities both have niche uses, where lightning flood just does below average damage.

I could see something like '+10/15% additional damage from Lightning' while in it to fit the 'flood' theme.
    Options
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It amazes me that they can take out FCs cause of troll camps but leave in unstable blockade and other known "crate" bugs that leaves healers invincible.
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If they let us pop the synergy from 28m distance.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
    Options
  • msawwan2ub17_ESO
    msawwan2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

unstable wall - last for 2.5 seconds, you can only stack 2 at a time and it doesnt have an aoe cap on explosion. if you get a team of 20 people running you will murder zergs. you are welcome

blockade wall - last 3.5 seconds, you can stack 3 at one time. does have an aoe cap and does NOT explode at end. if you get 20 people using it you will murder anyone who comes near it. but excuse me for asking, how is that different than 20 people impulsing, if you go near them you are going to get murdered.

a lot have learned to avoid the impulse balls. time to learn how to avoid a ground aoe that cost MORE than impulse magica wise. and can be a complete waste since it doesnt follow you. and most importantly you can negate elemental wall but can never negate impulse trains.

conclusion, learn to avoid wall of elements just like you avoid impulse train and just like you avoid DK banners

and remember impulse is still the bigger threat here, if you negate 20 people using impulse they can break CC and impulse you to death

if you negate a wall of element user or a banner you can stay in that negate and they wont harm you.

also if zos nerf this, like i been saying for months. we will still find new LEGIT ways to kill our enemy.

its a team game, working on team tactic is a complete valid strategy.
    ~~ Mrs Jones ~~
    ~~ Self-proclaimed Best Player in the game ~~
    ~~ you jelly? ~~
    Options
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screen shot here. I was one shot by it lastnight. I've played against the guy a long time, and I do not believe it is something he intended.
    PVMp4q5.jpg

Edited by TheBull on November 7, 2014 7:43PM
    Options