The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Update 5 - Game just closes down

creme-delacreme
Riding horse, walking, game just completely shuts down right in the middle of doing simple tasks. "POOF". Interesting enough, it seems to have gotten worse with the creation of new toons. This morning i only experienced it 2x. This afternoon I created 4 new characters and was taking 5 steps after "poofing" and it would "poof" again. Has anyone else experience this magic trick of the game just closing?
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @creme-delacreme‌,

What are your systems' specs? You can copy/paste the info from Apple Menu > About this Mac, including the OS version, sans the serial number.

Do you see any kind of crash report, either from the game ("CrashReporter"), or the OS? Look into your Dock to see whether there are new running application icons.
  • creme-delacreme
    Khajit thanks for posting, but i've already sent my specs to you in another thread, and my goal with this thread was to see if anyone else was experiencing same new issue that started yesterday with Update 5.
    No error reports, no crash report comes up when the game closes, as typically should happen. Everything just disappears. The only .crash files i see in the console are from Teamspeak and Time Machine, which are byproducts of game crash, but none from ESO.
    I've already sent a note to support, but they seem to have not much experience with Mac…mostly PC.
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You wrote your iMac has a ATI Radeon HD 4670, (now) 8 GB of RAM, and runs OS X 10.7.5. From that I deducted that it must be a either a late 2009 21.5" or 27", or mid 2010 21.5", iMac, and that the graphics card is well below the minimum system requirements.

You could try to do the things on my checklist here (with Minimum settings instead of Low), to see if it changes anything on the app quitting behavior.

ESO does write a crash log, but I guess it'll only do that if ZoCrashReporter.app (within eso.app) gets invoked. You should check if you see any recent *.crash files in ~/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/crash_reports from yesterday or today. If so, you could post the latest one here.
  • creme-delacreme
    No crash files exist… as the game isn't crashing…it's disappearing. LOL.
  • Lollapalosaa
    Lollapalosaa
    ✭✭
    Same problem, though I dont have mac, but PC Win7, intel i7 920. Have tried with two radeon GPUs (now 280x) and changed RAM (now 12GB 1666mhz). My problem started approx after patch 1.4.

My game just throws me back to login screen without any error message, once every 40min, and this time period is pretty sharp every time. Never more than 90 minutes, never less than 30 minutes. Problem exists in pvp, pve, in fight situations or when idling.

Most of the time I lose emperor bonus buff (and now it seems that I also lose undaunded 2nd passive buffs), so after "crash" I have to re-relog. Also the second loading screen after re-entering the game is 2 minutes long (first one is normal).

I will not list of what kind of tricks I've tried to fix this, because I've tried everything. Yes we've changed emails with support also, but they told absolutely nothing new that I haven't tried already.

Exiting from game to the character screen doesn't prevent the problem. Restarting whole game "resets the crash timer", so that's how I'm able to participate trials / dsa / dungeons without making group members angry.

Still continuing to play the game, and hoping a miracle to happen some day :)