Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Writ rewards...

• Abra
    Abra
    ✭✭✭
    the worse is v16 writs- you use more mats than they will ever return- zos [b]need to look at this urgently- this is not working in view of how expensive it is to make a full set at v16+ weapons- people do not want to farm [/b]for months- and writs should no cost more or make you spend what you have so painfully collected-
  • nodulo
    nodulo
    ✭✭✭
    I personally only do the consumable writs as they are easy, cheap and readily available. Make 4 food/drinks of all required once a week provisioning finished. A few seconds to make a white glyph finished. All mats that really have little to no value.
    Now crafting writs other than my woodworker who still does craglorn, no way risk reward not worth it to me.

The rewards are rare but, I may recieve Kuta, glass fragments, survey maps, purple and blue recipes and for pvper's the shards are always welcome.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As far as crafting writs go, equipment stuff just isn't worth it. Consumables at least tend to have more useful loot for the materials used with just as much xp. Not to mention you hardly ever need to craft more than one of anything.
  • Sharmony
    Sharmony
    ✭✭✭
    I needn't say more than crafting writs are currently the easiest way to make money in this game for the least amount of time spent trying to earn the money: You can see my video here for proof, and if you really, really require more evidence I can upload the spreadsheet and/or boast shamelessly how crafting writs have helped me get a great fortune, the latter of which I really don't want to do.
    Edited by Sharmony on January 25, 2016 11:46PM
    @Wjleppard - EU - Sharmony Youtube
    Holyfire - V16 Stamina Templar | Auriels Bow - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmony - V16 Magicka Templar | Flaming Rose - V16 Magicka Dragonknight | Rejuvenation - V16 Magicka Nightblade | Dora The (Explorer Title) - V16 Magicka Sorcerer | Critjiit - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Just Hold Block - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Stormburst - V16 Stamina Sorcerer | Ashenbourne - V16 Magicka Templar | Swims-At-Speed - V16 Magicka Templar | Sharmonknee - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmoney - V16 Magicka Warden
    Guild Affiliations: Hodor, Travelling Merchant, Aetherius Trade, Golden Goose.
    Previous Affiliations: GM of Well-Fitted, Almost Heroes, Kill All, Don't Die, Exile, Sigma Draconis, Legio Mortum
  • DevonoftheDrakeSeal
    Grim13 wrote: »
    31 writs completed, 2 surveys received.

No thanks. They're useless.
    those surveys have helped me get a lot of legendary items and nirncrux. Also to the poster of this blog, it's all about your manifest as well the higher the better chance for you to get good items.

• Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main is only v2. I do writs all the time, When I get maps as my reward I end up with mats that are above my vet lvl ( v4-5, v6-7, even some v8-9 ), and crafting lvl. Maybe I am just lucky, also I do them for the inspiration to lvl my crafting skill. Oh, I never buy the mats I need. I just abandon the writ if I don't have the mats needed. The only thing I wish they would change is that you would get the maps more often.

Edit: I just have one question. Why would you do writs in a craft that is maxed??
    Edited by Easily_Lost on January 26, 2016 3:31PM
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I make at least 500k a week from craft writs alone. Lucky weeks I can make over a million. Very profitable if you do it on multiple characters.

Think people do them like once and get unlucky, based on that writs sucks and they never bother again. Do many of them and you will see how well it pays of.

Usually just steal all shields, armor and weapons laying around and decon, so I dont have to use my own materials if doing Craglorn writs. Wrothgar writs costs a bit more, but all the map you get pays for the materials and than some.
  • eso-pedro
    eso-pedro
    ✭✭
    I do not do writs for blacksmithing, clothing or woodworking but I do them for everything else.....the mats required for this do not return enough to justify so I just collect raw mats and refine to get legendary mats, not to mention who in their right mind would do vr16 blacksmithing, clothing or woodworking writs......absolute madness

Crafters Corner
    Guildmaster: GT - Robo1314
    Xbox EU - EP

XBOX ONE - EU
    Guild: The Red Dragon Legion
    Come join us - Guildmaster GT: Robo1314 or Pedro i888
    At CP Cap
    Mag DK - Mag NB - Mag Temp Heal - Stam DK - Stam Sorc
  • darkdivideb16_ESO
    I only do the enchanting writs now, purely for the kuta, as you NEVER get a v16 potency out of them.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    eliisra wrote: »
    I make at least 500k a week from craft writs alone. Lucky weeks I can make over a million. Very profitable if you do it on multiple characters.

Think people do them like once and get unlucky, based on that writs sucks and they never bother again. Do many of them and you will see how well it pays of.

Usually just steal all shields, armor and weapons laying around and decon, so I dont have to use my own materials if doing Craglorn writs. Wrothgar writs costs a bit more, but all the map you get pays for the materials and than some.

For the upgrade mats, glass motif fragments and if you doing Craglorn writs, for the surveys as they have a very good chance of giving you nirncrux.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso-pedro wrote: »
    I do not do writs for blacksmithing, clothing or woodworking but I do them for everything else.....the mats required for this do not return enough to justify so I just collect raw mats and refine to get legendary mats, not to mention who in their right mind would do vr16 blacksmithing, clothing or woodworking writs......absolute madness

Crafters Corner
    Guildmaster: GT - Robo1314
    Xbox EU - EP

You do not have to make VR16 items for the top level writs, VR15 items work fine. I believe it's actually cheaper, materials-wise, to do the Level 10 writs then it is to do the Level 9 writs. For example, I remember a Level 9 woodworking writ that requires 3 of each type of destruction staff. That's close to 100 nightwood. My numbers may be off but 11 nightwood per staff, comes to 99 nightwood to complete that writ. At Level 10, the same writ calls for 1 nightwood ice staff, 1 nightwood lightning staff, and 1 ruby ash inferno staff. That's 22 nightwood and 11 ruby ash (33 < 99).

Aside from rubedo leather clothier writs I do blacksmithing, woodworking, and clothier writs and have seen nothing but growth (due to surveys) on my rubidite ingots, ruby ash, and ancestor silk stocks. Now if we could just get some dead cows around the clothier surveys or tanning racks or some way to make the leather writs worthwhile.

Of course, if you're looking for those nirncrux drops, stick with Level 9 writs.