The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

What is the situation for Sorcerers in 1.5.x? are they really weak?

chongguang
chongguang
✭✭✭
I just want to confirm is this class really getting weak and being the potential weakest class among four ? or I can say a class who is only good at group PVP fighting?
Cuz, according to what i have tested, in 1.5.1 Sors are not good at dueling if you do not choose to run away.
Their dps output abilities are also not decent compared to DK and NB, meanwhile they are not the best healers because of Templar.
All in all, sorcerers are not as shining as they are in previous version.
Anyone want to say something to it ?
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    chongguang wrote: »
    NERF STREAK TO OBLIVION!!!!2!2111!!11111!!ELEVEN!!!!!!!1

Edited by PBpsy on November 2, 2014 9:09AM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to confirm is this class really getting weak and being the potential weakest class among four ? or I can say a class who is only good at group PVP fighting?
    Cuz, according to what i have tested, in 1.5.1 Sors are not good at dueling if you do not choose to run away.
    Their dps output abilities are also not decent compared to DK and NB, meanwhile they are not the best healers because of Templar.
    All in all, sorcerers are not as shining as they are in previous version.

Mate, they are very strong.
    Maybe you need practice or some sort of a mentor who can teach you.
  • Mauz
    Mauz
    ✭✭✭
    BE Sorc may be bit weaker cause more ppl will try 2h charge builds. But as long you still can stack your shields it shouldn't be a major issue. NB are bit weaker because they nerf stealth dmg in general, not only snipe. But NB will still be strong with defensive magicka build.

Templer and DK profit most from stamina and 2h buffs in my opinion. If I would have the choice for a class for 2h I would take templer.
  • eserras7b16_ESO
    eserras7b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerers are weak, they can't barely output 1k DPS if they're really damn good and got all the raid buffs while a dk outputs a lot more, balance sorcerer please, sorcerers and nightblades need upgrades.
    Eptackt - Argonian Templar
    Belegrand - Redguard Nightblade
  • Epsilon_Echo
    Epsilon_Echo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerers are weak, they can't barely output 1k DPS if they're really damn good and got all the raid buffs while a dk outputs a lot more, balance sorcerer please, sorcerers and nightblades need upgrades.

Are we talking about single target here? Because AoE doesn't count for much since individual builds can be all over the place for AoE dps regardless of class. As far as single target, I think if you knew what you were talking about you would know that the difference between single target DPS between classes is not as much as most people think...... except NB... cause I've bursted for 2.5k single target regularly.
  • chongguang
    chongguang
    ✭✭✭
    NBs' dps out put is not weak.They may not as good as DK, but i am sure NB can take the second place without exception.
  • chongguang
    chongguang
    ✭✭✭
    Mauz wrote: »
    BE Sorc may be bit weaker cause more ppl will try 2h charge builds. But as long you still can stack your shields it shouldn't be a major issue. NB are bit weaker because they nerf stealth dmg in general, not only snipe. But NB will still be strong with defensive magicka build.

Templer and DK profit most from stamina and 2h buffs in my opinion. If I would have the choice for a class for 2h I would take templer.

what is BE?
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats changing for sorcs post 1.5.x?

PC EU
    PvP only
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mauz wrote: »

what is BE?
    Bolt Escape
  • Ommamar
    Ommamar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is that the only concern for a class? If they have the same DPS? What of survivability, CC, Mobility, and useful utility?
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ommamar wrote: »
    Is that the only concern for a class? If they have the same DPS? What of survivability, CC, Mobility, and useful utility?

Wow, slow down, your asking people to think and also compare qualities that shine in different facets of the game! Some simply arnt capable of understanding that endgame PvP/pve have different builds, require balance for different reasons, and still have to coexist because all changes effect both. 90% of requests seem to be coming from only the preferred contents' perspective. Which if pure DPs is the golden rule, its obviously endgame pve.
    At least I know your thinking of actual balance.
  • chongguang
    chongguang
    ✭✭✭
    Ommamar wrote: »

Wow, slow down, your asking people to think and also compare qualities that shine in different facets of the game! Some simply arnt capable of understanding that endgame PvP/pve have different builds, require balance for different reasons, and still have to coexist because all changes effect both. 90% of requests seem to be coming from only the preferred contents' perspective. Which if pure DPs is the golden rule, its obviously endgame pve.
    At least I know your thinking of actual balance.
    IMO, both of you may have to admit that DPS is a littile bit more important than other factors in endgame pve. Sors for dps part is fine, juts fine not weak at all but not decent.
    Same situation for PVP duel.
    BTW my original meaning is not mainly focus on pve only, PVP dueling is also what i want to talk about.
    I visited and watched videos on youtube, many 1vX videos. They are made by syhers DK and NB.
    You may argue that Sypher can not represent every/all the things, but his videos still prove some truth and facts that can not be denied. At least the potential power of NB and DK (DK may not considered as apotential one )...
    However, almost none videos show sor 1vX or decent dueling. With the 1.5 goes to live some day this week. I think....fine, I choose to stop my words about worst prediction of situation for Sors.......
    Edited by chongguang on November 3, 2014 2:24AM
  • Zavus
    Zavus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly nothing really changed for sorcs in 1.5 besides shield stacking with harness magicka. And that affects all duelers equally since most I've seen resort to that for survivability.
    Zavus - Worst NB NA / First NB RANK 50
    "Most carried General NA" - Cent Satori

Haxus