The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Craglorn NEEDS to change. Dramatically.

• CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- AFTER VR10, there is no other reasonable way to progress in leveling experience besides doing this zone.

I got VR14 in something like a week and a half of Skyshard hunting and PVP every evening.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Audigy wrote: »
    The question is, why is it ok to force solo on everyone from level 1-VR10 but not ok to expect a group of 2+ at Craglorn?

I think you may be missing the point. It is not OK to force either one. There should be no forced solo quests in the game and there should be no forced group quests in the game apart from the trials. ZOS needs to learn how to scale things to the number of people in one's party and not to a predetermined user level or fixed number of players.

I am not a big fan of Trials to be honest ;) Too many people will never see them while a huge amount of resources goes into those "raids".

I would much more like world boss events where everyone can come together and work towards a common goal. Similar to Vanilla WOW, Warhammer or Ultima Online.

As much I loved raiding at MMOs, I feel that the whole instanced stuff is really horrible. Why are players always separated into IDs? Its just boring for an MMO, people want to play with others and not the same 3 or 11 of their guild. Same applies to phasing, everyone is in his own phase - some people saved the village and others didn't even discover it yet due a missing pre quest ... its just so :(

I really miss that open world feeling former MMOs had, you had a huge boss spawning somewhere and then the whole server had to go there and fight, it was so much fun and people were never separated of each other.
  • qiyamatawilrwb17_ESO
    RAZORNZL wrote: »
    Craglorn needs to be a real end game zone.they need to make it so you can only go there after you finish cadwells gold quest line.this will help make all other zones a little more active and it will also give the people that earn't the right to be there a better experience without having every vet 1 and his mudcrab farming the content..what if i would like to try duo a boss with a friend? well good luck because it is getting farmed by 10+ people.

come on zos this makes sense!

totally agree on this. anything lower than v12 shouldnt be in craglorn. grinding the last few levels a doing pointless repetitive circuit is also limiting the availability of players prepared to group and actually quest. grinds belong in wow. not in a game so full of lore and immersive questing.

there should have been another stop off point for low-mid vets after the faction content either before or at the same time of craglorn.
    its pretty clear theres both solo and group players. the ability to choose is required.
    though, more time spent on expansions hopefully we will get that.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do agree that forcing the solo or group on players is not a good idea. Obviously ZOS disagrees with me.
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Craglorn was a lvl 12 zone where the same level loot drops as in the other lvl 12 zones I wouldn't have a problem with it having fored group content. Then you could indeed say "don't like it, go somewhere else". That argument doesn't work here though, does it?

It's not right that people who want to do PvP as an endgame are forced into Craglorn just to not fall behind everybody else in PvP. That's really crappy way of messing about with your customers IMHO.
    Edited by Muizer on November 1, 2014 8:30PM
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps the problem is that there just isn't enough players? Craglorn is very similar to how Final Fantasy XI was for years after launch, except you literally could not progress at all without a group of players grinding. But there were always enough players looking for members.
    Edited by pecheckler on November 1, 2014 9:04PM
    End the tedious inventory management game.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Craglorn is what you get when you listen to 0.00% of the player base :wink:
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an opinion that is obviously better than everyone else's!

RABBBLE RABBLE RABBLE!
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
  • Jice
    Jice
    ✭✭✭
    Issues I have with Craiglorn:

- It's the only zone to level to VR14 in any official capacity. If there was somewhere else I could go to do this that didn't require a group, there'd be no issue, but there isn't.

- Because of the above point, people find out the fastest method for getting a Rank and farm it. Grouping would not be an issue if the majority of players wanted to group for Craiglorn events and Crawls if they were the most efficient way of leveling. Instead, bugging out a single boss mob on a cliff side is, ...pour pour pour design. The Experience reward for completing Grey Mendir should be far greater than 30 minutes of boss farming considering the challenge it is just for finding anyone that isn't a solo NB that wants to do it even.

- Nirncrux is so rare there's 0 reason it shouldn't be found in all Shadow nodes, I'd love to see more of Reapers march while gathering mats but instead it's a full time view of Skyloft just for one Potent Nirncrux.

- Nirncrux Mines, whats the point? I get that ZoS is trying to extend the Dark Anchors feeling, but without any substantial reward or reason to do them, they're bare 24-7. 10% Chance for a Nirnhoned piece from the chest? At least one Potent or Refined? SOMETHING?

- VR12 Gear being dropped from a VR13 mob, just...feels terrible. I get that only really good dropped gear should come from harder mobs, but can we do that through effects it has and not the damn level of the gear? Nobody on a psychological level likes wearing gear below their Rank even if it's better through rarity.

These are just my feelings on the Craiglorn issue. I think I'd have fun in the zone, but the way it's designed means /zone is filled with 'LF4M Grinding' rather than proper group requests and jerks who'd stab you in the back if they could over Voidsteel.

Edited by Jice on November 1, 2014 11:29PM
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got to VR14 simply by doing quests and never had to grind once in Craglorn. I did at least half of the delves in craglorn solo. I did more than half the quests solo in craglorn. Perhaps you should try harder.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Johnny_NO_skillz
    Johnny_NO_skillz
    ✭✭✭
    I have an opinion that is obviously better than everyone else's!

RABBBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

Good contribution
  • Johnny_NO_skillz
    Johnny_NO_skillz
    ✭✭✭
    I got to VR14 simply by doing quests and never had to grind once in Craglorn. I did at least half of the delves in craglorn solo. I did more than half the quests solo in craglorn. Perhaps you should try harder.

Oh okay, I'll just got roll a tank DK and steamroll through levels 1-50 VR1- VR14 so I can MAYBE attempt to do SOME content solo.

Good thinking Sherlock.

• Jice
    Jice
    ✭✭✭

Doesn't work if you did all the quests before the level cap increase. The only thing I can level up with is Upper Craiglorn quests, dungeons or Dalies. I've done every quest and Delve in Upper Craiglorn and Grey Mendir 3 times now solo and that's still not enough to be VR13. Thus why people turn to farming.
  • Xenite
    Xenite
    ✭✭✭
    I finally completed Meridia's gold, went to Craglorn and now I haven't played in 3 days. =/

Wife has not played in two weeks for the same reason, we both enjoy solo content. And once you complete Gold, basically nothing left to do.

Craglorn is a massive waste of space for a huge section of the playerbase, maybe the largest.
    Edited by Xenite on November 2, 2014 10:06AM
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    not intending to point any fingers, but i was thinking about posts like these after having someone sprint past me to an alchemy plant and snagging it under me. it got me wondering, is it that people can't find groups, don't actually try to form groups, or is it that people pissed so many other people off and got tagged on the ignore list that no one knows they are around. the guy mentioned above not only snag it just as i was dismounting to loot it, but cheered and danced. crap like that won't keep the groups forming. *shrugs* just a thought...

i know this sounds some what sarcastic, and accusational, but i am fairly serious. i have always played a tank, and never had issues getting a group, so aside from EQ (which is a bit of a different story), i have never really had any group finding issues.
    I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xenite wrote: »
    I finally completed Meridia's gold, went to Craglorn and now I haven't played in 3 days. =/

Wife has not played in two weeks for the same reason, we both enjoy solo content. And once you complete Gold, basically nothing left to do.

Craglorn is a massive waste of space for a huge section of the playerbase, maybe the largest.

Well, if you only play solo content, then any MMO endgame is going to be a massive disappointment for you two. Then again, you have two people playing, so you've already got half a group. Is it really that big a strain on your relationship to ask two other people to join you for questing?
    ----
    Murray?