The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Best app for Armor Set swapping?

Arizona_Willie
Arizona_Willie
✭✭✭
title says it all ... what is the best app for armor set swapping?
If I wanted a Signature I would have a Signature --- but i don't want one so I don't have one.
  • katkat42
    katkat42
    ✭✭✭
    I use Wykkyd's Outfitter. If you want to swap with a single keypress, pair it with Wykkyd's Macros.
    Stonehenge ROCKS!
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea which is the best, but I'm sure which is the most popular - Wykkyd's Outfitter.
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
    My addons: SkyShards, LoreBooks, Dustman, Map Coordinates, No, thank you, ... (full list)
    I'm taking care of: Azurah - Interface Enhanced, Srendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker and more
    My folder with updated/modified addons: DROPBOX
  • Arizona_Willie
    Arizona_Willie
    ✭✭✭
    OK, thanks :)
    If I wanted a Signature I would have a Signature --- but i don't want one so I don't have one.
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As much as I like Wykkyd, I'd recommend you try Alpha Tools. Bit hard to get used to but much easier to manage than Wykkyd and less keybinds needed
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The developer of Alpha Tool has Removed his addons from distribution and is not allowing anyone to maintain them. You probably want to use Wykkyd.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Arizona_Willie
    Arizona_Willie
    ✭✭✭
    I went with Wykkd and since Alpha Tool isn't available ( legally ) I will pass on that one.
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    magnusnet wrote: »
    As much as I like Wykkyd, I'd recommend you try Alpha Tools. Bit hard to get used to but much easier to manage than Wykkyd and less keybinds needed

Outfitter can be used with 1 keybind, or 50. Your choice. You are not required to keybind anything.

Furthermore, if you use the advanced keybind features... the keybinds for the macros in the Wykkyd's Macros window don't consume your normal keybinds whatsoever. But again, that's personal choice.

I bound my macro window to tilde. I used the advanced macro features to bind my 1st macro to W. Whenever I was running around the world, W still moved me forward. Whenever I popped up the Macro window, hitting W equipped my primary set of gear & skills, closed the window and returned me to the game where W once again moved me around.

Usage of Outfitter & Macros can be as simple or as complex as you want them to be. 1 Macro can swap BOTH action bar skill sets AND gear with one click/keybind, or you can choose to trigger them all one by one manually. Your choice.

It always boggles my mind when people make blanket statements about an addon that they clearly don't fully understand.

You're all free to use whichever addon you wish, obviously. But try the addon before you take someone else's word for it. More often than not, they didn't understand the full scope of the addon before they gave you their opinion. It's always better to decide for yourself.
  • Arizona_Willie
    Arizona_Willie
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, there is so much in Wykkyd that you need to write an instruction manual which would be a 325 page BOOK. :)
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a video at Outfitter page but it's already outdated. It does give you an idea of what it does. I only so far use it for the skills.