The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Counter to Zerg pulsar train ?

Carter_DC
Carter_DC
✭✭✭
I'm a bit clueless as how to counter theses big buses that cross cyrodiil spamming pulsar (and other skills).

How, as a 24 ppl party can we organise to counter that kinda gameplay without wiping ?
High Kinlady Estre was right ! Hail to the Veil !
Fr AD Guild Arkadium.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the moment, the most effective way to counter a zerg pulsar is....

Another zerg pulsar. Unfortunately.
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1) Caltrops
    2) A well placed meatbag catapult
    3) Negates. Lots and lots and lots of Negates.
    EU | PC | AD
  • thelordoffelines
    thelordoffelines
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay close together so group buffs are more affective, have some good, dedicated healers, oil if ur defending a location, try to use choke points to your advantage, negates and other ulties. Lots of counters! Oh and don't forget to break out your own AoEs, they are good against lots of people, impulse is good when you use it right but most just spam it.
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oils, Negates, Shield, Heals

Until they take away oils on the ground next patch :( As a Templar I spam Blazing Shield and Batswarm so I can stay alive while dumping oils.

The downside is that you can't see anything because your screen fills up with the "You have avenged so-and-so" messages.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Kaghei
    Kaghei
    ✭✭✭
    The best counter is oil, seeing has too many people bitched about oils they are being nerfed so now there is no counter against an organised group of 24 who spam healing springs apart from the group skill
    Alacrity
    World's Fastest AA
    World's First claimer of Bleakers
    First Grand Overlord Slayer
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volcanic Rune. Lots and lots of volcanic rune.

Mixed with oil.

But with the coming AoE caps removal, a single DK would be fine....
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remember when....Frag Shield....

cry_zps3f9fee21.jpg
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait for update 1.6 it will arrive with counter zerg skills
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    arrows to their knees
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    now to actually answer your question......

2 ways this can be done:
    1. oil. use a crap ton of oil. get them all bunched up into one spot and pour oil down upon them
    2. make a lagblob of your own to deal with them.
    in the next patch they are re-adjusting AOE caps, so maybe soon it could be resolved
  • MiyaTheUnbroken
    MiyaTheUnbroken
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tend to be of the opposite mind when it comes to zergs. If your party spreads out, their zerg becomes useless. A zerg's mobility is limited, so if you separate and become individuals it will be easier out maneuver them.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

2 ways this can be done:
    1. oil. use a crap ton of oil. get them all bunched up into one spot and pour oil down upon them
    in the next patch they are re-adjusting AOE caps, so maybe soon it could be resolved

Sprinkle in caltrops, meatbags, and oil catapults. Especially oil catapults since rapid doesn't ignore it and neither does purge. A slow blob is a dead blob, part of their strength is to keep moving to address threats and blow that threat up, you keep them slowed, hit them with siege, you will tax their resources and people will start to fall (easier for your pugs to get out of the way as well).
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [quote="mike.gaziotisb16_ESO;1346848"
    ]1) Caltrops
    3) Negates. Lots and lots and lots of Negates.[/quote]

1 . Caltrops just slows it down nothing more...
    2. Catapults often fail to work near these groups also these groups run purge no biggie..
    3. Negate is effective but all the have to do is walk out of it..

There is no effective measure EXCEPT another pulsar group...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Karamis_Vimardon
    Karamis_Vimardon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »

2 ways this can be done:

Sprinkle in caltrops, meatbags, and oil catapults. Especially oil catapults since rapid doesn't ignore it and neither does purge. A slow blob is a dead blob, part of their strength is to keep moving to address threats and blow that threat up, you keep them slowed, hit them with siege, you will tax their resources and people will start to fall (easier for your pugs to get out of the way as well).

^This

See a zerg? Drop 3-5 oil catapults and fire, stops them dead in their tracks. Easy AP afterwards.
    Edited by Karamis_Vimardon on October 30, 2014 9:55PM
    PC NA

Karamis Vimardon, DC Templar (Magplar)
    Netara, DC Nightblade (Stamblade)
    Karamis, DC Sorc (Magicka)
    Hãderus, EP Templar (Healbot)
    Mr Twinkle-Toes, DC DK (Tank)

game
    noun: game;
    plural noun: games
    1. a form of competitive activity or sport played according to rules.
    2. an activity that one engages in for amusement.
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »

2 ways this can be done:

Oil catapults. Easily the 2nd best counter option.

The best counter option? I take two steps to the left and then hit them from behind when they run past me like a pack of lemmings. Often wipe groups like that with just 2-3 people. People think too much of "what abilities can I use to not die?" when the most obvious way to keep from dying is to just not get hit...
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meatbag + Oil catapult together even one user swapping between them both can change a raid.
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it's not lagging:
    Build a train, move fast, don't ever stop, better flank them.
    If you don't have a train, go behind them and pick off those left behind to destroy the train bit by bit.
    If it's lagging:
    Pray
    Edited by Sleep on October 30, 2014 10:49PM
  • Night-claw
    Night-claw
    ✭✭✭
    nvm
    message [deleted]
    Edited by Night-claw on October 30, 2014 11:05PM
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I've found to counter zerg balls is nightblades who use prolonged suffering.

You should try it sometime. Stand in front of a zerg and cast prolonged suffering at them. It works wonderfully for me.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• shidoq8
    shidoq8
    ✭✭
    get 200 randoms, 20 anti siege lag the whole server then blame it on bomb groups.
    A wise man once said "They panic when they see our bomb group cuz we are SWAT."

The Legendary Shido - EU - AD - DK, The Only Emperor of AB.
    S.W.A.T GM and Raid Leader the best bomb group EU.
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just pick the one at the end of the train and kill them one by one, a healer if possible, but basically anybody will do.
  • Skizer78
    Skizer78
    I doubt it will happen, but I think the best way to fix the zerg situation with AoEs is to make them real AoEs. This means that in Cyrodiil the AoE attacks hit everyone and anyone not in your group regardless of faction. If they went this route with AoE attacks it would cause people to have to be more cautious about what they are doing and hopefully tone down the amount of these kinda zergs. Might also cause the PvP to end up a more skilled type of endeavor instead of just spamming attacks. May be a bit off topic but it's just my toughts on the subject of zergs.
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Negate them, standard of might them, the meteor thing with the crush synergy, just Ulti the hell out of them.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best counter, crash the server. Over and over until they log for the night. Works like a charm.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Best counter, crash the server. Over and over until they log for the night. Works like a charm.

4669812732_5407c2534c_z.jpg
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caltrops, Runes, NB Fears, loads of negates. Fastest spammer of these will win.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »

cry_zps3f9fee21.jpg
    im yet to be convinced how effective this skill is. i have it i tried it, ive seen videos of other people success with it, but for me?

it barely do any damage.

whats with this skill???
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    ]1) Caltrops
    3) Negates. Lots and lots and lots of Negates.

1 . Caltrops just slows it down nothing more...
    2. Catapults often fail to work near these groups also these groups run purge no biggie..
    3. Negate is effective but all the have to do is walk out of it..

There is no effective measure EXCEPT another pulsar group...

First off what is you definition of a pulsar group? Because by the sounds of it means any big group using AoEs. You can take down a group of 30 without a single member of your team using Impulse or morphs of it.

However, it's very hard and laborious to take down a group of 20+ players with single target abilities. You'll probably have to use some AoEs yourself, to make it quick and efficient. That's the point of AoEs, efficiency versus larger numbers, why wouldn't you use it.

Now that's out of the way, can you not see that your points 1 and 3 are contrary? They can't keep walking out of Negates if they are caltroped because they are slowed. You'll always need a coordinated push and ultie drops at the same time. If Caltrops, Negates and a push all happen within a 2 sec period, that zerg is normally in big trouble.

Of course a lot of depends on the coordination and experience of your team and the other team. If you see them counter-negating and dropping a barrier instantly, you know you've got a tough fight on your hands.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Obus
    Obus
    ✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

cry_zps3f9fee21.jpg
    im yet to be convinced how effective this skill is. i have it i tried it, ive seen videos of other people success with it, but for me?

it barely do any damage.

whats with this skill???

You come a bit late, since it was nerfed patches ago ;)
    Obus - EU NB - Former Emperor - AD @ EU Dawnbreaker
    Banana Squad
    Zerg Squad
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

cry_zps3f9fee21.jpg

it barely do any damage.

whats with this skill???

It barely did damage individually, but when 1 impulse hit 6 people, those 6 people hit 6 fragments each. So the person impulse would get hit by 6 frag shield per cast, while having their damage absorbed. All they needed to do was tone it down a notch not break the whole thing.

People have been complaining about impulse spam since release and they totally annihilate the one thing that actually made it dumb to impulse spam.
    Edited by Armitas on October 31, 2014 12:52PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK