The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Imperial Edition Upgrade Question

Merrak
Merrak
✭✭✭
I run a guild that likes to give their guild members incentives to participate as a community, and one of the ideas I had was to offer Imperial Edition Upgrades or Palomino Horse codes to those who reach a specific rank.

My question is, would this even be possible? Do you offer them as codes that I could give out to my guildmates, or does it directly attach itself to your account when you buy them?

Thanks for the help
Merrak | Templar Main
The Descendants | NA Server | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Ra1ne
    Ra1ne
    ✭✭
    It attaches itself to your account once purchased, there's currently no option to gift on the ESO store that I've seen. You may however be able to do this over Steam, I know they offer gifting, but having not used it for a long time, can't tell you whether its doable with the upgrades.

Having said that, I'd be careful with doing this as, per T&C's, trading real currency for in game items is a bannable offence, and it would only need someone to take a disliking to you for some reason, send you some gold and report you under this category, and bye goes your account.
    Edited by Ra1ne on October 30, 2014 9:51AM
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Merrak,

Currently there is not a way to gift items from the store. While @Ra1ne makes a good point that the upgrade and the Palomino horse are available on Steam as gifts, these options will only work for players that own a copy of ESO on Steam.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Merrak
    Merrak
    ✭✭✭
    Ra1ne wrote: »
    Having said that, I'd be careful with doing this as, per T&C's, trading real currency for in game items is a bannable offence, and it would only need someone to take a disliking to you for some reason, send you some gold and report you under this category, and bye goes your account.

I think you misunderstand the request. Nobody is giving me anything for the items. Instead, I reward our guild members and offer things such as this as prizes that they can earn simply by participating with the guild. No gold exchange, no cash value, simply us doing a good deed for fellow guildies.

ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey there @Merrak,

Currently there is not a way to gift items from the store. While @Ra1ne makes a good point that the upgrade and the Palomino horse are available on Steam as gifts, these options will only work for players that own a copy of ESO on Steam.

Thanks for the reply @ZOS_GaryA‌ , I suppose will have to offer prepaid Visa cards or something in the meantime.
    Merrak | Templar Main
    The Descendants | NA Server | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Ra1ne
    Ra1ne
    ✭✭
    Understood what you meant, was more just a 'be careful', plenty of [insert bad word] around, as there is in all online games.

GL in your effort to reward though, hopefully you have some steam users
    Edited by Ra1ne on October 30, 2014 1:01PM