The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Unable to continue... (Craglorn)

Jordan141
Jordan141
Soul Shriven
So I'm up to the part where I have to reach the 'warriors apex stone' in the main Craglorn quest 'the corrupted stone' which requires me to have 2 other people to complete, however due to NOBODY even doing the quest/NOBODY even wanting to help when I ask in zone chat it's virtually impossible for me to progress in the main quest, (which I find pretty ridiculous) am I missing something or is the quest just designed in a way which requires people in the game to actually do the main quest?
Just goes to show how little people are actually playing right now...
Edited by Jordan141 on October 29, 2014 12:10PM
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I think that this is stupid mission design, it really isn't an indication of how many people are playing right now. I believe that that mission can only be completed by people who have the mission. So even if there were a thousand people in Craglorn, if they had already done the mission, then you're SOL.

Also, from what I've seen on the forums, many of the power players here seem to use Craglorn more for grinding than for the quests, so there are probably many players there who just aren't interested in questing.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one of those quests that requires a group to complete. And, the group needs to be formed before you start the quest and then only with people who have not done the quest.

Not sure if you can abandon it or not and then try to find a group that has not done it yet.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Jordan141
    Jordan141
    Soul Shriven
    Nestor wrote: »
    This is one of those quests that requires a group to complete. And, the group needs to be formed before you start the quest and then only with people who have not done the quest.

Not sure if you can abandon it or not and then try to find a group that has not done it yet.

So basically I'm completely out of luck because nobody is questing in Craglorn. Great, I'm literally unable to complete the content that I'm actively paying a sub fee to play. What a joke.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm now sat on a chair at the apex stone wondering what happens next.

Been here 20 minutes I'm VR3 the enemies are VR11 trust me when I say it was a real *** to get here.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't remember the quest completely, as it has been a while since I have done it ... but in case you can't progress it because you need 2 people to stand on stones to open up a door or something, invite 2 friends to do just that. They don't have to follow you further into the dungeon, just to stand on the stones to help you unlocking a door.

I believe there are 2-3 quests in craglorn main story that require that. However some of the dungeons can be hard to solo. Have you tried to join a larger pve guild?
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeh, this has been a problem in Crag from the beginning. Altho believe it or not, it's better than it used to be.
    Feel for ya and gl finding some peeps to help :)
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jordan141 wrote: »
    Nestor wrote: »

So basically I'm completely out of luck because nobody is questing in Craglorn. Great, I'm literally unable to complete the content that I'm actively paying a sub fee to play. What a joke.

This is one of the last remaining results of mistakes made by ZoS in the first year of the PC release. They are aware of it and have promised that future DLC's will not concentrate on just group-content. The issue is there where more issues.
    - delayed console release
    - bugs galore
    - creating tamriel unlimited as a reboot for the pc

The DLC's are a lot more work so I can understand why they decided to do it last.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow, still an issue.
  • IlgaBeck
    IlgaBeck
    ✭✭
    ....And it's still an issue. My wife and I are stuck here too.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jordan141 wrote: »
    So I'm up to the part where I have to reach the 'warriors apex stone' in the main Craglorn quest 'the corrupted stone' which requires me to have 2 other people to complete, however due to NOBODY even doing the quest/NOBODY even wanting to help when I ask in zone chat it's virtually impossible for me to progress in the main quest, (which I find pretty ridiculous) am I missing something or is the quest just designed in a way which requires people in the game to actually do the main quest?
    Just goes to show how little people are actually playing right now...

Join a PVE guild maybe?
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Fukutsu
    Fukutsu
    ✭✭
    This is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. I was in Deshaan doing Cadwel silver, and I decided to accept a random quest. It took me to craglorn, and I quested for 30 minutes until i was told to go to this dungeon Ruins of Kardala. The quest is the corrupted stone, but I cannot complete it without two more people. Whats worse, is when i invited a group, it removed me from the dungeon immediately. I really wish I had known from the start, that the quest required 3 people. Really a waste of time, and pretty annoying. What the hell Zos. I was kicking arse, too. Way to ruin that for me.
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see a lot of players in craglorn but nobody wants to group.

all i can think or is "what a bunch of snobs"

good game bad crowd.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Myself and another helped a third do this mission step yesterday. We had already completed the mission. So as long as you can find two others to help you you should be able to progress.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see a lot of players in craglorn but nobody wants to group.

all i can think or is "what a bunch of snobs"

good game bad crowd.

Most already done the whole zone and are there forming trial groups or trading stuff.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously? Even since my first day at Craglorn there were no people to do those missions.

I thought everyone already wrote Craglorn off....

I'm sorry you started those quests...

Just ignore Craglorn, it doesn't exist... lol
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had the same thing happen to me. Even with the guilds there is no promise you will get them. In this regard, I prefer the kind of queue I experienced in ME3's MP where you are in a lobby and others show up. Searching around this game for other players who want to do what you want is really a pain. And in this case it is a waste of a whole area for questing.

If you want to go to craglorn, friend me @autumnsongbird and maybe we can scout out a few more people. I wish to god they were two people quests because that is much easier than getting four. I have two templars that I would like to take into this area. But I guess it's a matter of who is available to play at the time. Friend me and if I am on, I will go. Hopefully we can find some others. Really the quest should be repeatable so not to lock you out of it if others have done it.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a couple characters I want to get through Craglorn as well. My hours generally do not match up with other peoples though
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whether others in your group have completed the mission or not is irrelevant, you just need them to stand on the right spot at the right time. It's always been like this to knowledge in Craglorn.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    double post
    Edited by Rev Rielle on June 22, 2016 1:12AM
  • KaylynT
    KaylynT
    I'm on ps4 NA server. I'm mostly on Sat thru Mon. Haven't been able to finish craglorn either. Message me if you wanna try during the weekend. Psn: aaronpua
  • xxkrazycivikxx
    xxkrazycivikxx
    Soul Shriven
    I would give anything to do craglorn. I have a dps. And a friend that's a dps. We would need a healer and tank
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would give anything to do craglorn. I have a dps. And a friend that's a dps. We would need a healer and tank

A lot of it is solo'able no Tank or healer required. If you are on PS4 I could assist here is a link to my guild if interested.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/207088/ps4-na-the-children-of-the-void-no-trader-this-week-07-25-16#latest

I like to do some craglorn now and then.

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    KaylynT wrote: »
    I'm on ps4 NA server. I'm mostly on Sat thru Mon. Haven't been able to finish craglorn either. Message me if you wanna try during the weekend. Psn: aaronpua

If you are on PS4 I could assist here is a link to my guild if interested.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/207088/ps4-na-the-children-of-the-void-no-trader-this-week-07-25-16#latest

I like to do some craglorn now and then

• itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I had to ask for help in my guild too haha I was questing with 1 friend and we realised we needed 1 more guy.
    Craglorn is a group area and it is expected that you need more than just yourself to finish all its content.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    itehache wrote: »
    Yeah I had to ask for help in my guild too haha I was questing with 1 friend and we realised we needed 1 more guy.
    Craglorn is a group area and it is expected that you need more than just yourself to finish all its content.

It is useful to check your build. Go in there and see how much you can solo. If not much improve your build, playstyle or both. I used to get destroyed in there and now mantikora's are just add's.

It is like you say meant to be a group area so you aren't supposed to be able to solo but some of it you can.

• Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'm remembering correctly, the underlying issue with this quest (assuming it's still an issue, this is an old thread) is that it requires 3 people to step on the stones to open the passage. The enemies may be soloable for people, but one cannot open the door single-handedly.

A lot of people have shared in your frustration. Here is something to consider, however, and hopefully it will help you guys find the people to get this done: In recent months (particularly with the release of DB) players have really amped up the number of new characters that they play/maintain. While there are some real troopers out there who cleared all of Craglorn on all of their toons, this is not common practice. Many of those alt toons never stepped foot into Craglorn (at least for the quests/storyline).

What this means is if you have any friends or guildies who rolled a new toon in recent months, they are the perfect candidates for getting you through this questline. The drawback to this concept is that they will need to do all of the quests leading up to this point before you can progress together. However, you may more easily convince them to do so if you remind them that the last quest in Upper Crag awards a nirnhoned item - one that will undoubtedly be useful for research or fetch a pretty penny on the traders. As for the quests and delves, if you have other people with you, this won't be very time-consuming. You should be able to power through most of it with little effort.

Note: There is one other quest in Craglorn after this one that requires 4 people to open a doorway on the lake near Belkarth. Unlike the Warrior's Apex Stone, however, your allies for this one needn't be on the quest at all to open the door for you. Then again, it doesn't hurt to do the whole thing together.

Edit: Anyone on PC NA who needs to complete this is welcome to message me, and I'll get a few from my guild to run through it on their alts. I know for a fact that most of them skipped Craglorn on their alts :*
    Edited by Autolycus on July 29, 2016 8:48PM
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    If I'm remembering correctly, the underlying issue with this quest (assuming it's still an issue, this is an old thread) is that it requires 3 people to step on the stones to open the passage. The enemies may be soloable for people, but one cannot open the door single-handedly.

A lot of people have shared in your frustration. Here is something to consider, however, and hopefully it will help you guys find the people to get this done: In recent months (particularly with the release of DB) players have really amped up the number of new characters that they play/maintain. While there are some real troopers out there who cleared all of Craglorn on all of their toons, this is not common practice. Many of those alt toons never stepped foot into Craglorn (at least for the quests/storyline).

What this means is if you have any friends or guildies who rolled a new toon in recent months, they are the perfect candidates for getting you through this questline. The drawback to this concept is that they will need to do all of the quests leading up to this point before you can progress together. However, you may more easily convince them to do so if you remind them that the last quest in Upper Crag awards a nirnhoned item - one that will undoubtedly be useful for research or fetch a pretty penny on the traders. As for the quests and delves, if you have other people with you, this won't be very time-consuming. You should be able to power through most of it with little effort.

Note: There is one other quest in Craglorn after this one that requires 4 people to open a doorway on the lake near Belkarth. Unlike the Warrior's Apex Stone, however, your allies for this one needn't be on the quest at all to open the door for you. Then again, it doesn't hurt to do the whole thing together.

Edit: Anyone on PC NA who needs to complete this is welcome to message me, and I'll get a few from my guild to run through it on their alts. I know for a fact that most of them skipped Craglorn on their alts :*

There's also that repeatable one in the spell scar where each person needs to grab an element.

• Orety6
    Orety6
    I think there's a little hint for a mage to complete this quest: summon atronarch on one of that stone platofrms, and summon winged twilight and clannfear as a secong and third summon. Next: try to move from on to another platform, until it activates. I have succeeded that way, despite I was playing completly alone.
    Dark Savant