Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Regarding shield stacking

bosmern_ESO
bosmern_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Just wanted to know if its not working as intended and ZoS is planning on making some changes to it, and if its considered and exploit. Not to mention 95% of the Sorcerers I see have a shield through their entire health.

I, as a Stamina build am against shield stacking in every-way, mainly because its almost impossible for a stamina build currently to hit through it. I hope that it gets changed to having only one shield available to a player, and the largest takes priority.
~Thallen~
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is so op. :)

My main is a NB sneaky assassin type but recently I have leveled up a sorc to V1 and you can just run around without a worry and do your stuff. If you sustain any damage you have done something really stupid.

It is soo easy you have no idea.

OP... naaaaa. :persevere:
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    My sorcerer is in the other 5%
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shield stacking is in no way an exploit. Harness magicka was nerfed and if you're doing physical damage to a Sorc they wont be able to infinitely stack shields on you.

Additionally *all* shields are currently bugged so that if you recast them they do not refresh the shield values until the shield is completely pierced.

The best abilities to use on a sorc stacking shields as a Nightblade are Crit Charge.

Araxleon has an instructional post in the alliance war forums for his dual wield build that is *very* effective at stripping away shields on his targets.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shield stacking is in no way an exploit. Harness magicka was nerfed and if you're doing physical damage to a Sorc they wont be able to infinitely stack shields on you.

Additionally *all* shields are currently bugged so that if you recast them they do not refresh the shield values until the shield is completely pierced.

Agreed HM protects from spell damage only.

The refresh is supposed to be fixed with 1.5
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is annoying as heck, but there are other things that need to be fixed first(block and spam, for example)
  • Blackthorn51
    Blackthorn51
    ✭✭✭
    Shield stacking quite frankly needs to go the hell away. I've tried so many different combinations of skills to bust through shields and they never, ever work. I pump 2400 points worth of stamina attacks, 1500 points worth of magic attacks and do absolutely zero damage on some shield stackers. *** today I lethal arrowed an unsuspecting target for 7 damage. 7 ******* damage.

Balance much?
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shield stacking quite frankly needs to go the hell away. I've tried so many different combinations of skills to bust through shields and they never, ever work. I pump 2400 points worth of stamina attacks, 1500 points worth of magic attacks and do absolutely zero damage on some shield stackers. *** today I lethal arrowed an unsuspecting target for 7 damage. 7 ******* damage.

Balance much?

Perhaps they phase shifted ;)
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Luvsfuzzybunnies
    Luvsfuzzybunnies
    ✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »

Balance much?

Perhaps they phase shifted ;)

I lol'd.
    Jukette VR12 DC Nightblade 14 day campaign.
    Kitten Kisser VR12 DC Sorcerer 14 day campaign
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Balance much?

Might be perfectly balanced.

Maybe you spent all that stamina and magicka trying to break their shields and they spent a roughly equivalent amount putting them up.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »

Balance much?

Maybe you spent all that stamina and magicka trying to break their shields and they spent a roughly equivalent amount putting them up.

Bingo. We have a winner.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Balance much?

Bingo. We have a winner.

Yea, but you have to take into consideration that 90% of the time they are blocking which reduces damage on them by like 70-85%. You go from originally hitting 300-500 on their shields all the way down to hitting 40-90.
    ~Thallen~
  • Tuttebel
    Tuttebel
    ✭✭✭

Balance much?

Bingo. We have a winner.

Yea, but you have to take into consideration that 90% of the time they are blocking which reduces damage on them by like 70-85%. You go from originally hitting 300-500 on their shields all the way down to hitting 40-90.

No.

Blocking or damage mitigation has no effect whatsoever on shields.
    You keep hitting them for the full value of your attacks.

In general, shields are working just fine.

People keep crying about shieldstacking while impenetrable applies to both spells and melee hits. The day I have to choose between a shield against melee or against spells is the day you should choose between impenetrable or spell resistance.
    Edited by Tuttebel on November 5, 2014 2:09PM
    "lex parsimoniae"
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So i dont get it. What is harness magicka? how does one "stack shield"?

I'm currently rocking a stamina build now, and would like to know,
    1. can i copy the same stacking. would be super awesome to be able to tank without taking damage.
    2. for a bow/2H users, what's the best way to deal with it?
    3. is it more for light armor/magicka users only?
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber