The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Soloing a Keep Resource With a Bow

Beldorr
Beldorr
✭✭✭
PTS 1.51: The faster snipe gives just enough dps to break the healer's HPS to down the 4 guards. Focused Aim for the range, meat bag for the debuff. Getting the timing down to kill the healer is the hardest part and took several tries the first time. This video was my second attempt and took about 10 minutes.

Depending on how the guards are setup, in this case healers being kitty-corner, you need to run to the other side of the resource to get the other healer. The dk guards will reach you if you don't.

• kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting I was wondering what the new reduction might give us, all I see is crying over the damage nerf, but my thought I can shoot faster, drop back into stealth get another shot off, I think I am going to find my dps is up a little even with the lower base.
  • Saet
    Saet
    ✭✭✭
    I can already do this in live with just snipe over and over. I kill the tower mage, then healers then guards. It takes a while and I fail a lot but it can happen. The hardest part is waiting for the flag to turn and dealing with the respawns starting. I go into tank mode then and drop a veil and wait it out.
    Good idea using the meatbags and the reflect from sword and board.
    Edited by Saet on October 25, 2014 3:27PM
    Saet - stam nb
    Hordak - magicka nb
    Demigorgon - stam sorc
  • Ommamar
    Ommamar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how to feel about this. Obviously Veteran rank which I have yet to play as my altaholsim is getting in the way. I have seen groups in Black water fail to take resources, which I get is a learning zone. But to see a bow wielding NB take one alone? Of course there was no player opposition still impressive to see.
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    Ommamar wrote: »
    I don't know how to feel about this. Obviously Veteran rank which I have yet to play as my altaholsim is getting in the way. I have seen groups in Black water fail to take resources, which I get is a learning zone. But to see a bow wielding NB take one alone? Of course there was no player opposition still impressive to see.

Just a video showing what can be done with bow that could already be done with certain magicka builds.

Impressive certainly, I just don't want you to get the wrong impression. :)
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Ommamar I've seen a Blackwater DK Emperor also solo a resource. That of course is also stacking most of the buffs, but I would expect plenty of VR14s to be able to do so as well if they are systematic about it.

Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • guybrushtb16_ESO
    guybrushtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, you can either do this or just be a DK and take them all head on I guess...
  • Blackthorn51
    Blackthorn51
    ✭✭✭
    You can already do this in 1.4 though it requires a specific technique. I see nothing wrong with it.

If a DK can run in and spam reflective scales and solo a resource, then why the hell cant a sniper kill off all the guards?
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You apparently haven't seen videos of specific classes soloing keeps NOT using bows, have you? Within these videos they are usually skirt wearing destro/resto.. so what is the problem with a NB wielding a bow if they use the right strategy? Sounds on par to me unless you want to change how staves work as well.
    Edited by ThisOnePosts on October 27, 2014 2:29PM
  • Beldorr
    Beldorr
    ✭✭✭
    You apparently haven't seen videos of specific classes soloing keeps NOT using bows, have you? Within these videos they are usually skirt wearing destro/resto.. so what is the problem with a NB wielding a bow if they use the right strategy? Sounds on par to me unless you want to change how staves work as well.

Who are you arguing with?
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice video, clever use of skills to achieve your aim (see what I did there?) :D I'll have to keep this in mind!
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • Ommamar
    Ommamar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok let me clarify. What I was wondering is should this be possible for any class? The player in the video had a good understanding of their skills and a solid strategy that they implemented so props to them. But to me that should be a group function. As for the question if I have seen those videos of bow non user soloing resources, no I haven't seen those. As to the statement about a DK Blackwater emperor soloing a resource that is awesome! It just doesn't match my experience thus far. Which usually involves getting into a group that wanders around for a bit. Then we try to take a keep or resource which is usually blown by some random person pulling everything before people are ready. Sometimes the group is successful, mostly dependent on how much player opposition occurs. I do wonder is there an emperor that was another class that did the same thing or only the DK build? Also what kind of build was it specifically? One thing I really like about the system is how different classes can be but still be effective and useful.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took a resource solo once as sorc, took out the first healer with overload (longer range) and then dropped storm atronach to take out the other healer. Pretty much cakewalk from there.

Should it be possible?....I dont think so.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, this shouldn't be possible. I solo resources with my sorc without any issues, 1h+shield, get rid of filler NPCs as I like to call them (starting with mage on top), then move in with a negate and just dps one by one starting with squishy menders.

I've done this without any potion usage and that should certainly not be possible. I've also seen DKs do it much easier than me and that's 100% proof that DKs (in groups) have much better DPS than sorcs (I tried with our laughable AOE's and it doesn't come close, I was wiped out in no time).

Buff up these resources, don't let them be claimable by 1-2 players. 3-4 players minimum in my opinion, and even then it should be a challenging fight. And make sorc AOE's actually useful.
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beldorr wrote: »

Who are you arguing with?

There is no argument just points to be made. If you actually read the comments in between your original post and my previous post you'd have figured out (hopefully..) why I wrote what I wrote. Good try though.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a VR14 NB, I too have been able to do this on live as it stands right now. It's a mixture of mark target, venom arrow and lethal arrow with flawless dawnbreaker equipped.

Every resource is a little different for layout, and landscape makes a big difference. Sometimes you can agro the guards at one resource due to landscape trying to find a good spot between them not being able to hit you, and you being able to hit them. It's only a few meters grace you've got there.

Then it's a case of taking out the patrolling guard, from there it's just a case of dropping a few of the low HP NPC's that are chopping wood etc. Then it's hit the first mage down the bottom of the tower, you can pretty much mark his a$$ and fire a lethal, then venom spam him to death. When he drops I swap over to tank bar and take on the gaurd which usually by the time I've dropped the mage, he is right on me. Once he is pushing up daisies (If I survive him) the rest is easy.

Snipe down the tower mage, again mark target helps in bringing him own quickly, then it's onto the two healers in the middle, which offer little to no resistance, usually I down a stamina drink as they take a while to whittle down with lethal, then it's just the the two guards after that, which are the same thing.

I usually drop a cloak and walk to the flag, when it starts to turn, it's halfway through the flag change that one of the other guards (not noticing I've killed all his mates) that decides me taking the flag is stupid and he runs at me, I can either use knockback and whittle him down or tank him.

Either way, I'm always pretty close to respawn. If I don't do it all quickly and efficiently they come back and bite me on the a$$.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• ExiledKhallisi
    ExiledKhallisi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do know that the resourcesare weaker on PTS because no o e is there right?
    >>>>>>>>(DC)Guild Master of Biestas 250+ Active Members<<<<<<<<
    ||||||Vr14 Sorc: Darkened Soul vr14 Templar: Tiffaney||||||
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have an issue with what I see here. It takes long enough that someone can easily get there soon enough to stop you if they care enough to be bothered.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its not a good comparison because the guards are the same in non vet and veteran. Obviously being v14 with proper set bonuses and end game builds is going to be incomparably more powerful than a vinalla buff for entering under leveled.
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was inspired by watching the video last night so a guild member and I took a enemy Farm resource last night as a distraction to the enemy as the Main force moved into position on the keep, I used the Bow with Snipe and my guild member (Dar'Kasnite) kept me healed. We got down to the last Farm PvE guard to kill while we were standing on the resource flag (while capturing it) and that's when the Player enemies started showing up to recapture the farm.

Man were they mad to see that only two people took their farm. Then about 1/3 of the main group (that was to attack the keep) came to our rescue, it was a planned attack :smiley: , while the rest of the main force (2/3) attacked the keep to stop reinforcements and to try to take it.

This was good because like half of the enemy that was at their keep, left the keep to get their farm back, we captured the resource and had the PvE Farm guards/wizards with us and we crushed them from their rear and the front while surrounding them (similar to the "Pincer movement" military maneuver) with less than half of our advancing force while suffering few casualties.

"The most famous example of its use was at the Battle of Cannae in 216 BC, when Hannibal executed the maneuver against the Romans. Military historians view this as one of the greatest battlefield maneuvers in history, and cite it as the first successful use of the pincer movement that was recorded in detail,[1] by the Greek historian Polybius."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pincer_movement

Combat tactics do work in the game :smile:

Good stuff..
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.