Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

The Gate of Quagmire quest broken - help please

Morrighan_Ravenborn
Hi - Unfortunately i could not request help in-game as the in-game help area is also broken :( (I've posted a separate discussion in that regard).

So, The Gate of Quagmire quest - Use The Scroll on the Dreaming Cultist is broken.

I have spend a couple of hours logging off & back on & searching but all I find are Supernal Healers, Chargers & Recruits that I can not use the scroll on (as per the quest tip). There are a couple of mage looking dudes laying on the ground under a tree. I am not sure if they are supposed to be dead or dreaming... but I can not use the scroll on them.

Help would be greatly appreciated, as I can not complete this quest and I am suspecting it is part of the main quest in the veteran area.
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giggity
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Morrighan_Ravenborn,

There are a few specific targets in this quest that the scroll works on. You're welcome to continue searching the area for a cultist that is asleep on the job, but we're also happy to provide a location if you need it!
    Exit the cave where you obtained the scroll and hang an immediate left. This will take you to a staircase. Reach the bottom of the staircase and hang another immediate left, traveling South by Southeast. You will reach a structure with a portal in the middle of it. Just behind that, there are a few live guards and one dreaming cultist.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Morrighan_Ravenborn
    Thanks for the tip ZOS_GaryA. Once I realised the quest was not integral to advancing I moved onto another zone. I might go back to it again and give it another go. Those targets must be very specific as I all but drew up a grid & zig-zagged the area. Will give it another go when I am feeling in the mood for a challenge. Many thanks.
  • Coolio_Wolfus
    Coolio_Wolfus
    ✭✭✭
    Had this problem myself and yes they are hard to spot laying on the floor with the dark mist on them, especially if you have calibrated the gamma brightness correctly.

As a fix as per other area quests may I suggest using the ▽ arrow markers on the dreamers when this part of the quest is active once the player is close enough and in the search area.

(For those that dislike the ▽ there are add-ons to hide those you wish to avoid.)

So thanks for the tip ZOS.