The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1. reset router 2. error 206 3. stuck at loading

snviltrvpnrb19_ESO
snviltrvpnrb19_ESO
Soul Shriven
Okay, this one is tough and I am not sure about anything. I have 2 issues with the launcher (I BELIEVE). The day before yesterday nothing was wrong.

Until I accidentally pushed my external hard drive out of my MacBook Air while I was playing ESO. (Not sure if this have anything to do with the issue(s) because I've done this a lot of time with no negative reaction on the game.) After that I reopened ESO and it was stuck at the first loading screen. *Picture*

So I managed to find my way into the .app file and open it directly instead of doing it through the launcher, and that worked perfectly fine. The problem is that today the new patch (1.4.7) released, and I need the launcher to download and apply that. So I've been looking for a solution for the loading problem and for some reason the problem lies within my router. All I found out was that when I was able to access my router configuration pane through a web browser I was able to load the launcher and update. The very bitter truth is that only once every time I reset my router I get access to the configuration pane and therefore only once am I able to get through the ESO launcher loading screen.

So the first time I got through the loading and patched, it gave me the Error 206 - “PATCHMANIFESTERROR_UNZIPFAIL" and then it told me to repair - after the repair it did the same thing^

Now it seems that the patch has been downloaded, but it won't apply because of the error 206. And it does this to me every time I am able to get through the loading screen.

That means this is a death cycle. I first reset router, then open launcher, then it gives me the error - and to try again I have to reset my router. Over and over and over... It's killing me and I haven't found anything on the internet that helps me solve this issue. I've been working on this ALL day and i simply can't seem to get it to work.

Please help me, give me everything you have! I am eager to play and I've lost around 2 days of game time this month because of stupid problems that (IMO) require heavy ammo and technical knowledge to solve. I am not good at either.

Mac Specs:
Processor 1,7 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
Software OS X 10.9.2 (13C64)
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Easiest fix will be to stop trying to use a mac for gaming. Integrated graphics have been a bit of a problem since beta. Intel HD graphics is probably your main problem here.

You could try to launch the game strait from the ESO folder, rather than using the launcher.

For me this is located in my hard drive under The Elder Scrolls Online>game>client>eso
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • snviltrvpnrb19_ESO
    snviltrvpnrb19_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the input

I think what you mean and want me to do is what I already did at first, as seen in this quotation from my post,

"So I managed to find my way into the .app file and open it directly instead of doing it through the launcher, and that worked perfectly fine."

This workaround, is not very useful though, because it will not work around the game updates and patches that is every once in a while. Those are required to play.

Or have I misunderstood your suggestion? If yes, please explain in further details.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No that was my suggestion. Sorry somehow I missed that in your post. I think there is a way to manually update the game when the launcher is not working. I seem to remember someone talking about it in a post somewhere. Sorry I'm not much help.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • snviltrvpnrb19_ESO
    snviltrvpnrb19_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah, you are. I have been thinking about that myself - but when I tried to search for the manual patch 1.4.7 downloadable I couldn't find one. Also, it is probably not for mac anyways :| typical mac when talking about gaming...
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, you are. I have been thinking about that myself - but when I tried to search for the manual patch 1.4.7 downloadable I couldn't find one. Also, it is probably not for mac anyways :| typical mac when talking about gaming...

The patches are delivered via CDN only. The launcher itself is a third party app from Solid State Networks.

What you could do, if you use Time Machine, is to delete the /Applications/ZeniMax Online folder and then restore it via TM from before October 21st. Before you start the launcher, connect your Mac to the router via cable, if it isn't already. You should also prevent the app nap feature in launcher.app. To do that, right click on it in the Finder, "Get Info", click on the check box:
    fwadpenr3xly.png
  • snviltrvpnrb19_ESO
    snviltrvpnrb19_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the reply! I greatly appreciate it.
    What you could do, if you use Time Machine, is to delete the /Applications/ZeniMax Online folder and then restore it via TM from before October 21st. Before you start the launcher, connect your Mac to the router via cable, if it isn't already. You should also prevent the app nap feature in launcher.app. To do that, right click on it in the Finder, "Get Info", click on the check box:
    fwadpenr3xly.png

If I haven't ever configured a TM disk save is your suggestion irrelevant then? Or should I try the app nap feature thing even though, I haven't backed up? Also I do not owe a cable that can go from my mac to the router.

Kind regards, snviltrvp.
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I haven't ever configured a TM disk save is your suggestion irrelevant then? Or should I try the app nap feature thing even though, I haven't backed up? Also I do not owe a cable that can go from my mac to the router.

Kind regards, snviltrvp.
    Well, you can switch on App Nap prevention in the Launcher any time. But please, do not delete things of which no backups exist! Enabling Time Machine today cannot give you the state of the game from before the patch, of course, although it's always a good idea to have a (preferably recent) backup at all in the first place. This has never been easier than with Time Machine. So if you have a Time Capsule, NAS, or external HDD to spare, there's no reason to not back up your Mac to it via TM. But it only goes back to the time it was first activated.

WiFi can be tricky, as I've explained here. If you want to rule out your WiFi connection as a possible source of connection or patching issues, get yourself an (inexpensive) network cable at least for downloading, CAT(egory) 5e will suffice.

I've read in your OP that you have problems since you've accidentally disconnected your external HDD. Is ESO installed on this external volume, or on the internal Macintosh HD volume? You might want to check file system integrity on the external volume using Disk Utility (use Spotlight to find it, or navigate to /Applications/Utilities in the Finder). In Disk Utility select the (connected) external HDD and click "Verify disk", and should it report errors, "Repair disk" afterwards.
  • snviltrvpnrb19_ESO
    snviltrvpnrb19_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I've read in your OP that you have problems since you've accidentally disconnected your external HDD. Is ESO installed on this external volume, or on the internal Macintosh HD volume? You might want to check file system integrity on the external volume using Disk Utility (use Spotlight to find it, or navigate to /Applications/Utilities in the Finder). In Disk Utility select the (connected) external HDD and click "Verify disk", and should it report errors, "Repair disk" afterwards.

I am currently getting support from ESO support team - If they can't help me, I will get back to your suggestions later and try them out. Thanks a lot for your help.