ESO UI API Patch Notes (Version 100010)
These patch notes highlight the larger changes to the ESO API. For the full, updated API take a look at the newest version of the ESO UI documentation.
As gamepad support continues to accelerate, existing lua objects and control structures are being refactored at a faster rate. The overall functionality of existing systems should remain the same, but the exact names of functions, objects, and controls may change.
Replaced the GROUP_DISBANDED event with the GROUP_UPDATE event. GROUP_DISBANDED was being fired every time group data was being cleared out, even when it was just to rebuild the same group information in the client (not as a result of a disband, but just a routine full info update). We renamed the GROUP_ DISBANDED event GROUP_UPDATE to more accurately reflect this behavior. It will now fire in all cases where the group was fully rebuilt as well. We have also added a new field to the GROUP_MEMBER_LEFT event that indicates if the local player was the leader of the group when the leave happened.
APIs have been added for several new systems including Justice, Trial, Champion, Enlightened, and Imperial City. These APIs will become functional when their systems are released.
Some unused fonts were removed from the ESO font directory. If you were referencing font aliases such as ZoFontGame you will be unaffected. If you were referencing fonts by path in EsoUI/Common/Fonts/, please look at your labels to make sure their fonts are still around.
The event for updating capture areas (flag captures in AvA) has been modified to provide slightly different information. The last two fields used to be confusingly named alliance1 and alliance2. They have been replaced with one field indicating the owning alliance. The field named currentCapturePlayers has been replaced with two fields indicating the number of players of the capturing alliance and the number of players of the contesting alliance(s) standing in the capture area.
Looking For Group
Changes were made to the LFG API to support the LFG improvements this patch.
- DoesCurrentZoneAllowScalingByLevel – Returns true if the zone the player is in allows content to be scaled based on the player/group level.
- DoesLFGActivityHasAllOption – Returns true if an LFG activity lets you queue for all available options.
- GetLFGRequestInfo – Returns information on pending LFG requests (when you are in queue).
New map functions were added to support Imperial City.
The heraldry API has been replaced with a more generalized “guild specific item” API.
The mundus stone API has been generalized to support more mundus stone like interactions.
The functions GetNumMounts and HasAnyMounts have been replaced with ZO_Stables_GetNumMounts and ZO_Stables_HasAnyMounts.
Several control types have received new functionality.
- Control:GetControlAlpha – Returns the alpha the control is set to instead of the effective alpha based on the alphas of the control’s parents.
- These functions allow you to control a cooldown control manually.
- GetUnitBuffInfo now returns the buff ability id for use with the ability APIs.
- CopyAllTextToClipboard is private to prevent data from leaving the application through clipboard polling.